Status: Hiatus, for a bit

My Way Home Is Through You

For Every Command, There is an Equal and Opposite act of Defiance

“You don’t need to be so harsh to them,” I whispered, having freed my lips.

“They kidnapped us. Are you suddenly on their side? What were you thinking, talking to them about my family? You weren’t thinking at all, were you? Get your head out of the clouds, Static.” She turned so she was facing away from me.

“They could have killed us, they could have tortured us, but they haven’t. We’re alive and sitting here, and they’ve offered us food and water, and even our own cots, so don’t go acting like they’re devil spawn.”

“Don’t you go taking anything they give you. It could be poisoned, or laced with some shit that’ll completely throw your morals and values out the window,” Adrenaline snapped, before turning her full attention and glaring capacity to the red haired man.

He just copied her, each of them refusing to back down first. Dr. Death Defying suggested I sit in one of the booths. He said Party Poison could go on forever. I remained standing. Adrenaline said not to accept anything from them and I’d already pissed her off enough already.

“You’re going to bed,” The man now known as Party Poison commanded, never breaking eye contact with Adrenaline.

“Why should we?” She bit back.

“You were obviously getting ready to go to bed right before we dropped by, so if anything you’re exhausted by now.”

“Exhausted? Oh no, I’m not exhausted. I’m fucking livid!” Adrenaline lunged for his throat and had him down in seconds. She’d been really good at fighting in the city. Some sort of martial arts background.