Where Were You When My Walls Came Falling Down?

Don' Say That To Me And Don't Do That To Me!

We ran down the road before reaching the corner and I heard him laughing “They’ll kill me when they find out you’ve been with me” he admitted, “Jeremy will kill me,” he stated as I laughed. We wandered around the town checking out shops and I saw a group of guys walking towards us “Shit their Jeremy’s band mates” “And?” Caleb asked “And they’ll recognise me” I answered, “Well we can always run again” he stated making me smile.

“Hey we’ve been here before I’m sure of it,” he said dragging me into a shop “We’ve never been here before you idiot” I replied, “Yeah hang on” he stated letting go of my hand and walking off. I saw him talking to some guy before he came back “Fancy a walk out of town?” he asked “Why?” “Because I think you’ll like it when we get there” he stated and I shrugged “Trust me” he said in my ear before pulling me to walk again his hand in my own.

“How do you know where we are?” I asked “I got directions” he stated as he pulled a packet of cigarettes out his pocket “Oi Turman pregnant woman” I snapped smiling and he shook his head pushing them in his back pocket. We carried on walking and I took my chance grabbing them from his pocket and tipping them on the floor standing on them all “JJ!” he shouted at me as I smiled “Sorry my hand slipped” I lied “Mine will in a minute, it’ll slip to strangle you, now what do I do?” he asked “Not smoke, you smoke because your stressed and your stressed because of me now there’s nothing to be stressed about because we can talk about it. Talk it out ginger, not smoke it out” I stated walking off and he looked at the ground before catching me up.

“Fine but that little move was far from okay! You know I thought you were going for the hand in my back pocket as we walked thing to start with not steal my cigarettes and destroy them” he admitted and I smiled “I like to surprise you” “Yeah well you didn’t fail, scary spice” he whispered the last bit and I smacked his arm making him laugh. “Recognise it yet?” he asked, as he dragged me through a gate “No” I stated looking around me “You will” he said putting his arm around my neck pulling me into his side before my own arm moved to his waist.

“This place feels familiar,” I admitted as we walked further into the park that was more of a grass field “Good, remember that girl you miss being? Well you were that girl here,” he informed as my eyes saw water at the bottom. “I remember here we went swimming” I stated, “Yeah we did, I asked you to come home with me when we got there” “And you said you loved me” I added and he nodded.

We sat down near the creek before lying down; we both faced each other before his hand moved around my waist pulling me into his body “So has he replaced me?” he asked and I shook my head “But you never replaced Samson and Samson never replaced the one before him. I missed you more than the others,” I admitted as my hand started to play with his hair “I missed you too” he whispered kissing my forehead. I closed my eyes “Go to sleep, I’ll look after you” he whispered as I shook my head “Yes I will, your safe its okay. Promise I won’t sleep or leave you” he reassured and no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t fight the fact I was exhausted.

I woke up to the warmth of the sun and Caleb still laid at my side, I stretched and he looked at me smiling “Okay so now it feels like that summer” I stated as he laughed “Come on” he said sitting up and I rubbed my eyes sitting up “Creek time” he stated standing up “No way” I replied “Oh so maybe you’ve just got boring in old age and its got nothing to do with anyone else” he teased and I shook my head standing up “Fine, get in that creek” I shouted pushing him and he laughed stripping to his boxers “Caleb no somersaults I’d hate for you to crack your head open” I joked and he flipped me off. “I don’t know what your doing because if I’m going in like this your joining me, the decision of whether all your clothes get wet or just your underwear is yours to make” he shouted and I looked at him.

“Oh JJ it’s nothing I’ve not seen before and there’s nobody else here so get stripping” he added and I groaned doing as he told me before pushing him in and he grabbed my hand dragging me with him. I screamed as he splashed water at me and I grabbed him forcing him under the water, we’d been messing around for ages when he grabbed me pulling my face to his pressing his forehead against my own.

“Caleb…” “Don’t worry I’m not going to kiss you, you know your only not that person because you don’t let yourself be. You worry about everything and the JJ I knew never worried about stuff that you do now, who cares what people think?” he asked and I shrugged ”Then why do you sit around worrying about it, who cares if you and Jeremy don’t work out? By worrying about it your not enjoying it for what it is right now” he explained. “But what…” “JJ not buts anymore, forget what might happen and live for now, that’s why you felt different back then; you lived for now. You jump off the edge, that’s what you do and now you’ve got Jeremy who’s willing to do that with you; you know I’d have never jumped into stuff with you like he does” he admitted.

“So what was all that, we’re meant to be together stuff earlier about?” I asked and he smiled “Because back then we were meant to be together and if we’d worked at it that would still be true but you found someone who makes you feel different, someone you love more than you did me and no matter how hard I tried I’d never change the way you feel for him. I could convince you to be with me but you’d always think about him, things aren’t as perfect with him as you thought but you’d rather have that with him than what we had and I can see it. It’s not wrong to feel the way you do with me, it’s natural. We had something together and fighting it doesn’t change the fact you’ll always feel close to me, I do to you; I’d tell you anything because I know I can trust you and we’ll always have that connection and there’s nothing wrong with that” he explained making me smile.

“We’re not meant to be together anymore but that doesn’t mean we can’t be best friends and that we can’t be close, what do you have to be scared of?” he asked “That this won’t work out” I admitted as he pulled me to get out the water and I followed “Would Jeremy ask you to try if he thought you’d fail?” he questioned and I shook my head “Has he dropped any hints he doesn’t want to be a dad?” “No” I replied “Then your worrying over nothing, come on let’s get back,” he stated as he pulled his clothes on and I did the same.

He grabbed my hand walking back to town with me “You know I’m going to get punched for this” he said quietly “Yeah, but I’m always worth it” I joked and he shook his head ”Not always, Jeremy has a shot on him that’s for sure. Look I’d never normally ask but try protect me right?” he asked and I laughed “I wont let him hit you don’t worry” I reassured as he smiled “Which ways the hotel?” he said and I shrugged “Who cares” I stated as we walked down the street.

I dragged him into a music shop “Right Turman my music collection needs some serious improvement so lets get buying” I stated and he smiled “Only if I can steal them” he replied ”Deal” I said before picking cd’s up. “Can you even afford all this?” he asked counting the cd’s we both had “Yeah, I get a percentage of what I sell from Mark and lets just say I’m selling” I stated and he nodded. “You always were a good merch girl, where’d you learn to sell?” he asked, “Mark told me if I didn’t sell he’d not pay me and also watching Vinny,” I admitted.

“Plus my parents gave me money for the wedding but Jeremy refuses to let me pay for it” “There’s better things that money could go on” Caleb cut in as I went to pay “Better than expanding my musical knowledge and increasing my collection, no Caleb that is where you are wrong. McKinnon wants me to live him then he needs to fit all my music into his crappy house” I stated as I pulled my card out to pay.

“Any man that accommodates your music collection must be special” he joked, “Too right, it’s a feature I look for in a man. No I think mine will stay in Baltimore because Alex and Jack won’t let me take it plus if we live there I can have it there and his stupid music at his house” I explained as I thanked the guy taking the bag of cd’s from him. “What you mean?” Caleb asked as we walked out “He’s bribing me on living in Florida when he’s home and then Baltimore when he’s away. Guess that won’t be happening for awhile” “Hey none of this negative stuff, we really have to get back to the hotel though we’ve been gone hours” he reasoned and I rolled my eyes.

“Well when I work out how to get back, do you even know where we are?” he asked and I shook my head as he looked around, I sighed, “Excuse me, hey erm we’re kind of lost we’re looking to get back to our hotel. Caleb what’s it called?” I asked and he answered me before the guy I’d stopped told us how to get back “Thank you, have a nice day,” I said before puling Caleb to walk with me. “You know where I learnt that?” “Women’s college?” Caleb asked making me laugh, “We all know I never went to college” I replied as he smiled.

“Mr Sarcastic aren’t we now Turman, no I learnt that from going places with Jack; you want to get lost you let Jack take you somewhere” I joked as he laughed as we walked down the street and I saw the hotel, we got closer and I stopped “Come on you’ve got to go back sooner or later” he reasoned “I know, thanks for today. You know that best friends thing? Well that’d be cool and I’ll save your ass from any punches that might come your way” I offered as he smiled hugging me “Thanks and lets try best friends then, plus I’ll lay off Becky” he stated letting me go.

“Thank you” “I never really liked her anyway, she’s too full on adult for me” he admitted as I laughed “I knew you were only doing it for effect, you’re a bad boy Turman” I scolded as we walked in the hotel, no one was in the lobby so I went to my room while Caleb went to his. When I got there I realised my room key got left behind when I ran off so I knocked on the door, there was no answer and it sounded like nobody was inside “Jeremy it’s me open up” I said but nothing “Jeremy come on, I know your mad at me and I’m sorry just open up and we can talk or whatever” I stated to no reply.

I tried Alex and Jack’s room next door before walking to Jonathan’s room but nobody was answering. I walked upstairs to Caleb’s floor knocking on his door “Hey you, what’s up?” he asked “Nobody’s answering; I tried my room, Alex and Jack’s room and then Jonathan but nobody’s opening the door. Have you seen anyone?” I asked “No Austin’s not here, try next door that’s Kent and Kyle’s room” he said so I did but nothing “So that’s Jeremy, Alex, Jack, Jonathan, Bella, Austin, Kent and Kyle all gone?” Caleb questioned and I nodded “Unless they really hate me, but Jack would answer the door even if Alex was trying to teach me a lesson of some crazy form” I explained worried.

“Is there not a note in your room from Jeremy?” “No I left my room key with Jonathan when I ran off so I can’t get in, the only thing I have is my bank card and money” I admitted “Flyzik, Vinny, Rian and Zack are on the floor below me with Marc and Ziggy and then all the others are on the floor above you but surely if the others are gone they will be. We weren’t leaving tonight were we?” I asked and he shook his head “Tomorrow evening we leave” he stated.

“Hang on, I’ve still got my phone off I’ll ring one of them” he offered taking it out his pocket as I stood at the door “Stupid piece of crap” he snapped “It’s busted again, it locks all the time and I can’t use it. Dammit! I can’t ring anyone or get any messages through; it does this all the time! Hang on let me see if Austin’s phone is around” he said before looking through the room. “No sorry, what about the room phone?” “You can’t Flyzik has them all put out of use to stop Jack and Alex prank calling people” I explained “We could go ask reception” he offered and I nodded as he walked off with me.

We got down to the lobby to see a young girl on reception “Hey can you help us, the people we’re with aren’t answering and we can’t seem to get in touch with them” I explained “Name?” she asked “Flyzik, Matt” I answered “Which room?” “Any of them, nobody apart from us seems to be here” I admitted, “Erm no sorry, the rooms are booked until tomorrow so they should be around” she stated. I thanked her before looking back at Caleb “Restaurant?” he asked and I shrugged following him but they weren’t in there, we sat in the lobby when a girl walked over “Hi, Caleb I love your band” she said and he smiled at her “Thank you” “Helena come on we’ve got reservations, why are you talking to strangers?” a woman shouted ”Could my mom be anymore embarrassing?” the girl said quietly smiling.

“I’m not it’s Caleb Turman, from Forever The Sickest Kids” the girl replied “Oh that band you were talking to before, well it’s lovely to see you Caleb; now come on Helena” she stated and the girl smiled saying bye “Hang on, you saw the others?” Caleb asked “Yeah earlier on, then All Time Low came down, my lucky day or what?” she replied “Were they going out?” Caleb asked, “Yeah, they went out into town; I have to go. It was awesome meeting you,” she said as he smiled “Thanks you too Helena!” he shouted waving.

“So they’re in town” he stated getting up and I walked with him “Hey if anyone from the Flyzik group comes back could you tell them we were here and we’ll be back for 8, thanks!” I shouted running out to Caleb. “Women’s college kicking in again I see,” he teased and I laughed, “Where would they go?” Caleb asked and I listed places Alex and Jack would go before asking people where they were and going there but nothing.

“What about Jonathan?” I asked and he shrugged ”Anywhere, he’s not been to church in awhile” he stated and we headed back towards the church near the hotel but nothing. “Excuse me is there a shop around here that sells guitars or anything like that?” I asked some teenagers and they pointed us in the direction, I ran off with Caleb next to me worried now as to where everyone was. We walked in the shop to see it sold records as well meaning my next place was totally off my list, I was exhausted and I was pretty sure this amount of running around wasn’t good for me.

“They’re not here, where else could they be?” Caleb asked and I shook my head feeling tears in my eyes “I don’t know, where are they?” I asked and he hugged me “Hey it’s okay, they can’t have gone far because all Austin’s clothes are still in the room” he reassured but I shook my head. “I want Jeremy” I cried into his chest “Okay just think where would he go, you have to know where he’d go. Or where would he think you would go, maybe they’re looking for us” he suggested and I shrugged my mind blanking out “JJ come on think, where would Jeremy go?” he asked.

“I don’t know Caleb! What if he’s gone, what if he’s gone back to Florida!” I snapped at him “Jeremy; music, records, cd’s, football, Vans, beard…” “What are you doing?” I asked, “Listing everything I can think of about Jeremy then maybe it’ll give us a clue” he stated “Piercings, stretchers, tattoos, Florida, music, singing” “Tattoos, he used to try count how many tattoos we’d got collectively. He thinks it’s funny that I know where every tattoo place in Baltimore is” I admitted, “Okay so we try tattoo places” he said letting me go and walking off coming back.

“Only 5 so can’t be that hard,” he stated pulling me out the shop, the first one was closed and nobody was anywhere near it so we set off for the second one asking for directions after getting lost. “Hey it’s okay, they have to come home tonight” “What if Jeremy’s gone? What if he’s on a flight back to Florida right now?” I asked feeling tears in my eyes “Okay so here’s the street it’s down here somewhere” Caleb stated as we walked down a less busy side street, the group in front moved to cross the road and I saw 2 people stood down the street and I knew one of them instantly.

I started to run pushing past the group before running through people, “Hey watch it!” someone shouted at me “Sorry!” I shouted and they both turned around. One walked towards me as I ran straight into them crying wrapping my arms around their waist “’Your crazy Jeremy she’ll not go to a tattoo place’, fuck you Alex and Jack” he whispered making me smile. “Are you okay?” he asked and I nodded.

“I thought you’d gone, we…” I cried “We went to the hotel but you were all gone, we’ve been looking around town for ages. She thought you’d gone home” Caleb explained as he got to us “We’ve been looking for you! Your phones at the hotel and yours is off” Jeremy snapped at Caleb “Sorry it locks itself, we’ve been practically all over this place looking for anyone” Caleb explained. “Yeah well Neil and I have been here for nearly 3 hours now, Jack wanted to call the police” Jeremy stated pulling me from him “Where are they?” I asked, “The arcade, by now they’ll have won some stupid shit” he joked “The arcade! If I knew this place had one I’d have been there by now,” I stated.

“Yeah well you haven’t you’ve been off elsewhere, Alex has everyone out looking for the pair of you! You know people have better things to do than run around looking for 2 people who are being idiots” Jeremy scolded “We weren’t being idiots, we were just…” “Just running off, not telling anyone where you are, do not think this is okay. Either of you” Jeremy cut across Caleb. “I…” I started but he held up his hand as a signal to shut up while he picked his phone up “Hey, yeah they’re with us now. We’ll meet you back at the hotel, I’ll text the others, bye” Jeremy said hanging up before typing away and then signalling for Neil to walk.

“Jess walk with me” Jeremy snapped and I fell into step at his side “Why?” I asked, “Because right now I don’t trust you not to piss off again, don’t you ever do this again!” “I’m not going to run off Jeremy” I stated “I really don’t believe it right now, your not a child anymore so will you stop acting like one” he stated quietly “I’m not acting like one” “Yes you are! Your 23 and your acting like a spoilt brat, see this girl right here? I don’t like her very much so sort it out because I won’t hang around if you pull shit like this again” he snapped at me and I looked at the floor as we walked.

I noticed Caleb looking over his shoulder at us “He can keep looking forward as well” Jeremy said under his breath “Leave him out of this” “No! The moment he ran off with you he got himself involved in this” he argued with me quietly, he had this way of not needing to shout at you to get his point across. He was speaking no louder than a whisper but I knew perfectly well he was pissed off and that his temper was close to going, his words would mean the same if he was screaming them at me but he didn’t need to.

“He didn’t, I ran off and he stayed with me; would you rather I was on my own?” I asked “No I was rather you didn’t act this way at all! Congratulations Jessica because today you’re really trying my temper and me and I suggest you don’t push it much further” he warned “Leave it out” “I’m serious, today you’ve really fucked me off” he cut back. “Stop acting like a jerk” I stated “No you stop pushing me, it’s bad enough you said that to me but to then just fuck off like that with him of all people and leave us all in the dark; he’s so many things and not a single one of them is nice” he cut back as we walked into the hotel. “Neil thank you so much for coming out with me man and I’ll see you guys for dinner and whatever later” Jeremy said “Don’t worry about it and sure okay, bye” he replied walking off nudging Caleb to go with him.