This Was Never Gonna Be Simple

I'll let you know when I figure that one out

I wandered around the market aimlessly. It was packed, as usual, with people bustling about, shopping lists in hand. I, too, had mine with me. Aled had quickly written it out this morning in his untidy scrawl, before handing it to me and practically shoving me out the door. Impatient little git.

I did have to thank him, though. If it weren't for him, I'd still be searching around, trying to find a house or an appartment or somewhere to live, at least, and knowing me, I'd probably end up in the shittiest place, paying the highest rent. That's the sort of luck I have.

It might sound like the biggest exaggeration you've ever heard, but without Aled, I'm not sure I'd even be here. No, I don't mean here exactly. Alive. I wouldn't be alive without Aled. I did feel sorry for Shay, though. I don't suppose it was too fun for him, having his boyfriend fuss so much over someone else. I feel almost like I've taken his place. I know I shouldn't, but I feel guilty.

I never saw Sean again after Holly... explained...the situation to me. I wouldn't believe her to begin with, I absolutely refused, but it all started to piece together in my head, and reluctantly, I had to admit it made sense. The more time I spent with Aled and Shay, the more he tended to disappear on me, not returning for hours. I suppose Christmas was the breaking point. In a way, though, it felt like he was almost protecting me. I know he doesn't exist, but still. I was a new kid there; a stranger, but then I met him. Suddenly I wasn't so alone anymore. Maybe I really am crazy, but I think there's more to it than just an overactive imagination, or having a screw loose.

I read down the list, trying desperately to deceipher Aled's handwriting. It was an almost impossible task, but I eventually managed it (cue mini celebration).

-Bread
-Milk
-Coco Pops (yes, Aled, the mature eighteen year old that he is, demands Coco Pops every morning)
-Coca Cola
-Food (I often got requests like this. Nothing in particular, just food)
-Condoms

The last one was scribbed and barely legible, but I smirked to myself as I read it. Someone was planning on getting laid tonight, clearly.

I wove my way through the sea of people, careful to avoid walking into them, seeing as they obviously weren't going to bother looking where they were going. They were the usual folk - teenage girls, too busy texting to pay any attention to anything else; teenage lads, too busy checking out the girls' arses to look where they were going; the old biddies who probably couldn't see more than three inches in front of their face; and the stressed parents, who couldn't really give a fuck either way.

I tried to round up everything Aled had asked for as quickly as possible, but it was like he chose the most awkward route you could think of. There were plenty of shops scattered around the town, but each one only sold a select few items, so you'd have to visit each and every one of them just to complete one shopping trip. Imagine that every other day. Yep, that's pretty much what I end up doing. Then again, it's usually my fault there's no cereal or coke. It's just as well I have such a quick metabolism or I'd probably be fat as fuck. And guys, they don't exactly dig the whole 'size-of-a-baby-whale' thing. What? Yes, I'm as shallow as that puddle over there, but at least I admit it, unlike some people. As you may have noticed, since I got out, I've gotten a lot more confident. Either that or I'm now just a cocky prick. I'll let you know when I figure that one out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, look, it's this thing called a sequel.

I don't know what I'm doing omg but yeah, this is a shit chapter full of nonsense. Enjoy.