Status: I'll try to post once a week :)

Closure

3rd - A girl can dream

Brian brake abruptly, his foot hitting the brakes quickly as the car in front of him parked on his usual place. Everyone knew that that was his place. However, almost every single day his partner tried to take it.. Brian was starting to think that he only did that to piss him off, but he didn't mind. After all it was Jimmy he was talking about... crazy, loving, playfully Jimmy. No one could aver stay mad at him.

With that, Brian only had the option of parking on one of the others. He left his car, hushing to meet his friend by his car.

"Again on my place, Jimmy?" Brian said trying to sound hurt.

"I don't remember you calling 'dibs' on it! And a good morning to you too." Jimmy added pulling his sunglasses off.

"Morning. You know I like this place!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know... Manly stuff." Jimmy's hands went up doing quoting marks, remembering Brian's words. Brian just smiled and tried to go inside, but Jimmy stopped him. "Or, OR... It could be because of manly stuff" Jimmy added aiming to Brian's crotch "You know... You, Kara, bow chicka wow wow! I dig you man, we have some needs who need to be fulfilled."

"You're just envy because Kara and I are actually doing it!" Brian joked, punching Jimmy's shoulder.

"Kelsi and I are waiting to get married, and you know how she is. But I'm telling you man, I'm tired of using my hand!"

"Ohhhh too much visual information dude! When will you finally propose?"

"Who makes you think I already didn't do that?" Jimmy said with an awkward smile on his face. Brian decoded Jimmy's expression, trying to believe in it.

"No... James Sullivan is finally going to have a ring on his finger? I'm making a mental note to thank Kelsi for that!" Brian smirk "And that reminds me... Kara and I decided that we wanna start having babies." Brian said with a proud smile.

Jimmy congratulated his friend and they headed into the squad. He was happy for his friends. They deserved this good news. He even suggested a weekend at his cabin, after promising it was a free-birth control zone.

Once inside, a well-known man with green eyes behind glasses expected them. His usual white coat cover his already famous shirt with a black bow tie around his neck, and, on his lips, 2 snake bites were shining. That man was the perfect antithesis, as if he was one man when he was in the lab and another one completely different outside the squad.

"Got any news for me, Baker?" Brian asked to the black haired man.

"Yeah..." Zacky said getting up, pinching his glasses up on his nose. "Follow me gentlemen, I got something to show you."

They followed him to the elevator and within seconds they were out of it, two floors below ground. Brian always liked the lab, a small part of him still wanted to be a scientist when he "grows up". And specially this one intrigued him.

"We finally got the results for the two hairs I found yesterday on that kid's blanket." Zacky sat down in front a big computer screen, typing a bit until he found the file he was looking for. "We made a search through our data base here on the squad and we got no match. But then I thought of the Hospital data base, and found a partial match." Zacky showed them the results. "As you can see, we got 85 % of match, probably because the hair was damaged at some point."

"C'mon man, you're killing me. Who was the match?" Brian said impatient.

"Chelsea Brown, 25 years, born and raised in New York City. She's got quit a past. Drug possession, attempt of murder. Last time she was seen was on this address here in Huntington." Zacky added, pointing to the screen.

"We better start on that... And you should come Backer; we may need to take some evidence back to the lab! Jimmy you stay here, I don't want to scare her..."

"Was that an attempt of you saying I'm hugely?" Jimmy tried to seem offended.

"Maybe, I don't know... Are you?"

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, behave yourself. We have somewhere to go, right Brian?" Zacky stopped them, making the two tall man giggle with his professionalism.

"I don't get you man. Why are you so uptight down here? I bet that if half of your lab people saw you outside these... walls, they would be chocked!" Jimmy stated matter of fatly. And he was right. Zacky was a wild men, always making everyone smile, telling jokes and making fun of everyone, especially Jimmy. But when they were at the lab, he turned his professional face and treated everyone with the gentlemen word.

"It's called professionalism, I should teach you some time!"

"Yeah, yeah, professional-smechional, let's go, let's go!" Brian said.

Brian and Zacky headed to the most remote and dangerous part of Huntington. Brian's eyes where dead alert of any suspicious movement, his brown orbs traveling from side to side, watching the diminish buildings outside their car. Zacky was driving at a careful speed, and he wished he was the one on the steering wheel. In no time they were in front of an abandoned building. Yeah, that was exactly the address they were looking for, and Brian wasn't expecting nothing less than a dejected place.

"We're here. I go first, and you only, ONLY come when I say you can come. Stay behind me until I say it's clear, ok?" Brian's tone was intense, his amber eyes studying the cinder block building.

"No need that!" Zacky added with a proud smile on his face. "I got this..." he said pulling a AF-10 of his holster, and only now Brian noticed he had ne around his waist. “So I'll be safe."

"When did you get that?" Brian said a little surprised.

"Just passed my tests on Monday and go my certificated. Now I'm a full man. And I feels good!" Zacky said turning his gun on his right index cowboy style.

"Please stop that, you'll get us both killed." Who the hell they got has appraiser nowadays? "Just keep yourself behind me; I wouldn’t like to report your murder."

"It's not like we're going to see Mob gangsters or shit. It's just a fucked up girl with issues." Zacky said checking if he had everything on his silver lad suitcase.

"Better to be safe than sorry, my friend, you never know!" Brian said getting out of the car.

Zacky walked out of the car too, pushing his suitcase to his back and pulling his Af-10 up until it was eyed-level with his greenish eyes. Brian put out his gun too and moved into the building.

"How come I get this..." Zacky said waving his gun "... and you get Bond's fucking Walther PPK?"

"Because I’m Gates, Synyster fucking Gates!” Brian said pulling his best Bond imitation. “Years and years of practice... and some grease too! Now shut the hell up." Brian said with his index on his lips. "You're never coming back with me on this. Never again!"

"Party popper!" Zacky said. It was then when they heard some shots sounds coming from inside and Brian wasted no time cracking in, smashing the door with his shoulder.

"Fuck." he said in pain.

"Next time, just use your credit card!" Zacky joked. But Brian was dead serious when we toss him a deadly look.

He moved inside the house. It looked like it was abandoned several years ago. Some beer bottles were given up in a corner, half of them with beer still on it. They turn the corner on their left.

"Put your gun on the ground and hand up in the air!" Brian shouted to a brown, bad looking, and really skinny girl. The smell of blood hit them, along with cigarette and whiskey. Zacky just stood there, too paralyzed and shocked to even try a move.

"Hey, hey, calm down, I was just trying t-to shoot a mouse." the girl said in a blurry voice.

"Gun down, now!" Brian shouts again. "A mouse?" he asked when she obeyed him, kicking the gun in his direction. "That is the lamest excuse I've heard." He said to her picking up the gun and putting it on his hostler. She smiled at him, stumbling a little on his own feet as she tried to move.

"That's the truth." she said.

"Are you Miss Chelsea Brown?" Brian asked her "Keep your hand where I can see then!" he said waving his Walther PPK in her direction as she tried to move again.

"Relax; I was just trying to smoke some cigarette. Do you want some?

"Are you Chelsea Brown?"

"Who wants to now?" she hissed to him.

"Inspector Brian Haner, Huntington Beach PD..." Brian took out his badge and showed it to her "... and this is my... huh… partner, Zackary Backer." Zacky grunt with the sound of his full name and Brian suppressed a laugh.

"HBPD, what have I done this time?" she said, sounding defying.

"We just need to make some questions..." Brian said pulling his gun back on his hostler. Zacky did the same.

"Then please, have a seat." she said pointing to some wood boxes on the ground.

Image


Kara made a quick stop at the store to buy some diaper rash cream and she was back at her car. "We don't have to worry about that rash anymore, do we buddy?" she said looking on the rearview mirror. She heard a sucking sound in response and drove until the squad. Brian had called her earlier, asking if she could bring Thomas back for something related to the investigation.

She pulled over on one spare spot at the parking, noticing that Brian’s car was nowhere to be found. That alarmed her. She never liked when her husband went on a deadly mission. She knew it was his job, his passion, but she couldn’t stop the grip on her heart. She knew Brian was super careful, so she didn’t had to worry.

She meet Jimmy inside the squad. She always felt a little claustrophobic inside that brick. She didn’t know if it was the lack of natural light or the always present fear in the air. She just didn’t think that that was a place for a little kid, so she just wanted to get over with whatever she was doing there and go back her safe home.

“Did Brian said why he wanted Thomas here at the squad?” she said sitting on the black couch on Brian and Jimmy’s office. Jimmy sat on his table, bouncing the little toddler on his leg up and down. “Earth to Jimmy?” She said again.

“Sorry!” He apologized “I really want one of these!” Jimmy confessed, piking Thomas’ blue pacifier from the ground.

“I know… I want one too!” she said going towards Jimmy and piking Thomas on her lap. “They’re so… relaxing! I could get used on seeing him sleep forever!”

Jimmy knew where this was going. His friend never got over his likely dead baby, so surrounded herself with kids. It was like that with Hope, now with Thomas. She never got over her lost, despite her tried on making everyone else think so. He knew probably too well how Brian stood up all night; years back, hushing her during her sleep, her nightmares so real.

“You know you can’t get too attached to him. You know he’ll have to go some time.” He said to her.

“A girl can dream. Besides, me and Brian have his custody during the investigation. And he doesn’t wanna go to the ‘system’, does he?” she sang to Thomas.

“Kara... Brian is bringing his mother over here as we speak. If she has the condition to have him whit her, you have no choice!”

“A girl can dream, Jimmy… a girl can dream!”

Image


“That’s it, you’re coming with us.” Brian shout, pulling his handcuffs off his hostler “Chelsea Brown, you are under arrest for illegal possession of a fire gun. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand these rights I have just read to you?” Brian said pulling her hands behind her back.

“You don’t understand. He’ll come after me!”

“Who, who’ll fucking come after you?” Brian screamed at her ear.

“Matt Sanders.” She said above a whisper. Brian froze. He knew that name too damn well.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments will make me very happy <3