Sequel: Losing Him Was Blue!
Status: Hey everyone :) I've been editing some chapters to the sequel, so hopefully by Tuesday-wednesday the first chapter will be up :D

Say That You Love Me

Pre-Chap One - A Standing Ovation For You

"Where is he?" I whined to myself when those around me were to busy making out or drinking to pay attention to me. I was scanning the crowd of the 5th floor lounge where people were dancing and drinking for the one I invited here as my date. We've went out on a couple dates but nothings ever happened to tell me this was a relationship and that we were for sure boyfriend/girlfriend.

I watched as a figure dressed as a football player came walking out of the crowd, a drink in each hand. The figure was my older brother, Matt, who was down for a game."Seriously Em, calm the hell down!" He yelled over the thumping bass as he passed me a Raspberry vodka cooler. I glanced at it in my hand as I chugged it like a jello shot. Matt stared at me, lifting his beer up. "See, this is why I poured out half your cooler and replaced it with grape juice,"

"Why would you do that?" I grumbled, looking at the bottle in my hands. "It just wrecks it you know," I swallowed down the contents. Knowing my brother and the way he was, he obviously didn't take out half, he probably poured out the entire bottle and just put the grape juice in it. I know I'm only 17, but I've been drinking longer than he has.

"Emily, Sid is five years older than you, I don't want him getting grabby with you," He informed me, clutching his fist up tightly. I rolled my eyes. Matt was referring to the NHLs leading goal scorer Sidney Crosby who every girl in the entire universe drueled over like no tomorrow.

We met two months ago while Matt, Farrah and I were on a summer vaca in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Farrahs boyfriend at the time had a summer cottage and invited us all out there. Our parents were to busy with work to go with us as usual. It's always been my brother, sister and I on vacations since we've been old enough to stay home alone.

I had been walking down the street and heard a horn honk so I look over and there is a bright, shiny Range Rover Evoque pulling up behind me.

I slowly walked over to the shoulder of the road from the middle where I was walking and there he was, he peeked out his window a gleaming smile adorning his face and he replied 'hey good looking, how's it going?' to which I replied 'I'm fine i guess...' I was soo shy because I knew who he was and I was trying to figure out why he would talk to me of all people. I'm nothing special.

Before I knew it, he was driving me to the docks where my brother was fishing and my sister was tanning. He asked me out to dinner and I returned the favour by asking him to dinner at my house next time he was free.

Nothing was set in stone that we were an 'item' or anything, and I wasn't about to ask him. We were two people who met up and went out on random dates.

"Because I know he will and you're kind of a whore when you drink," He growled. I gave him a look, warning him. I used to turn into a whore when I drank before I found out how to hold my alcohol properly.

"Well atleast I didn't climb a tree naked," I threw in his face, watching the embarassed look on his face appear within seconds. "Wearing a beer-bottle crown and screaming I'm the Queen of England,"

"That's not even fair, I didn't know I was drunk,"

"You drank three bottles of vodka, I don't even know how you are still alive," I rolled my eyes, taking a sip out of my bottle. Now that I knew it had grape juice, I tasted it more and more with every sip. "But anyway, Sid and I aren't dating," I turned back to Matt, my back to the crowd. I didn't even know if I wanted to get into a relationship with him. He was totally gorgeous, but I have been around his fans and most are nuts!

"Whatever," Matt shook his head. "I see the way you look at him, you love him," Love? My brothers been through more girlfriends than I've had birthdays so maybe he wasn't the best one to take love advice from. I wouldn't take advice from my sister, even though she's the only one I'd trust with my life.

"Who does Emily love?" I startled and glanced over my shoulder at Sid who honestly appeared out of nowhere and how he recognized me, I'll never know. I was dressed as a bee with a yellow strapless dress with black tape wrapped around the fabric paired with black heels and attenas. He, on the other hand had on a crisp white dress-up shirt with a black bow tie and black dress up pants with a long black cape. He let off a smile, showing fangs beneath black lipstick and a liquid paper white face, neck and hands. He was a vampire.

"Hey Sid," I changed the subject abruptly giving him a quick hug. He wrapped both arms around me and pulled me in close. "Where have you been?" I asked, looking up at him. His golden brown eyes glanced down at me.

"Sorry, I fucked up my make-up and had to restart," He laughed. "I hope I'm not to late, I swear to god, I was doing 130 in a 100 zone,"

"Emilys on her third cooler, so she'll be ready for you," Matt spat, walking off into the crowd. Sids eyes slowly followed him before returning to me when Matt merged with the crowd.

"What the hell was that about?" Sid asked, reaching up to touch his hair but he quickly thought against it. "I can't touch my hair, I don't wanna turn it white, it's pretty bad my cars interior has white hand prints all over the place," He frowned. I reached up and pushed the piece of his bang back, knowing he used gel to hold it all in place.

"Why did you paint your hands white?" I asked, drinking from my bottle, offering it out to Sid. "Want some?" I wasn't sure if Sid had got a drink already but I was still going to try and make him drink this. I could get it gone faster and get some real alcohol into my system.

"I'm a vampire and no thanks, I don't wanna smear my lipstick," He pointed at the black lipstick covering his lips. "I already messed it up, I drank from my water bottle and it smeared so I had to redo it, god wearing make-up is soo irritating,"

"But it looks good on you, you should let me do your eyeliner," I put my hands on his broad, muscular shoulders. "You have beautiful eyes, you should show them off,"

"Well they are on my face, so I assume people have seen them," Sid replied, sliding an arm around my waist as he guided me out towards the bar. I glanced down at his hand cupping my hip, his fingers tracing the outline of my hipbone.

I knew there was going to be a white handprint. I rested my head on his shoulder as we passed my brother sitting on a couch by himself in the corner.

My eyes drifted off to Allie Johnson, the host of this party and the twin sister of a kid in my biology class, Lane Johnson, an overobsessed and egotistical jock. She was dressed in pink skin tight lingerie, red heels and black bunny ears on her head.

I wonder if she knew she was supposed to wear a costume? I stiffled back a laughter when I realized just how funny that was. Sid glanced down at me after accepting his beer and grabbing a yellow straw out of the holder. "What is so funny?" He asked, squeezing my hip. I squealed, sliding a hand overtop of his.

"Allie," I jerked a thumb over my shoulder at her sitting on a stool with some guy eating her face. Sids eyes lingered over her for a few seconds before returning to mine. "She's supposed to be a bunny, but that's like her usual clothing," Sometimes it's less, depending on her mood.

"Really? God, I should enroll here," He turned and looked her over again. I smacked his chest. What a pig. "What?" He looked at me shocked of my reaction.

"Sidney, don't even think of going near her," I slid an arm around his waist and led him over to a free booth in the opposite corner. Sid may not be my boyfriend, but that doesn't mean I can't not want him near the chemical toilet. But what can you do? Guys love sluts, it's like girls and shoes, its an addiction that is genetically programmed at birth and we have no control over it.

We sat down, Sid drinking his beer out of a straw which somehow made him look really cute. He swallowed down the beer before turning to face me. "Ohh, so I have an idea for our date tomorrow," Sid started the coversation, putting an arm over my shoulder. "Well, my practice at HSBC is done at 1, and our game is at 6, so we could go out after and like catch dinner or something,"

"I wanted to talk to you about that..." I trailed off, nibbling my lip. Sid leaned into me, obviously waiting for my answer as he balanced his beer bottle on his knee after crossing his right over his left leg. "Jake wants to go out for coffee tomorrow and I kinda said I would, but our midterm isn't done until 6..."

"So, you want to go with him and miss my game?" Sid asked, a little shorter than I had anticipated it to be. I had said I was going to Sids game, I wouldn't miss it for all the tea in China. He removed his arm off my shoulder and leaned back against the couch. I immediately lowered my eyes to my cooler, wishing I could've just taken everything back that I just said to him. I slowly looked up to see a guy a few feet away from us, staring in my direction.

I knew my costume was revealing, but I was so not in the mood to be hit on right now. "Emily?" I glanced back up at Sid, who spoke my name. "So, I uh... I was wondering. Uhm, are we kinda, well, you know..." He waved his hands between us and I couldn't help but to laugh hysterically. I had been waiting for this to happen but the fact his lipstick was almost halfway down his chin made me laugh even harder.

"Sid," I scooted over on the couch and kneeled, resting my hand against the back of the couch. "I would love to talk about 'us' if there is an 'us' but let's talk about it when I can take you seriously and your lipstick isn't halfway down your face," I giggled, laying my chin down on his shoulder.

"It is?!" Sid bellowed, putting his beer on the arm of the couch and rubbing his chin, to fix it. I didn't even know how his lipstick got down his face. He's been with me the entire time and drinking his beer out of the straw. "Damn, I didn't bring any to fix it with,"

"Noo," I giggled, sliding my leg over his and sitting down on his thigh, using my fingers to smear it back in place. I hated when my lipstick got all fucked up so I always knew how to fix it properly. I held his face in my one hand and fixed up the rest of his face paint, his eyes stuck on mine. I slowly let my face move closer to his.

"Guys!" I heard a guy bellow out behind us. I slowly glanced over my shoulder at the guy covered in green paint and wearing blue jeans standing there. I felt Sids arm circle around me, pulling me closer to him. "You wont fucking believe this!" He slowly advanced towards us, Sid placing his other arm around me and his golden colour left his eyes as a darker colour took it's place. "So, my shirts too short, my pants are too tight and I can't take a wizz without turning my penis green!" His shirt? It was then that I realized he had a little dark green mesh top coming up to his belly button overtop of the green paint.

"Damnit Devon!" A girl dressed as Alice, from Alice in Wonderland came running over, sliding her hands around his arm and glancing over at us. "Iam soo sorry! He has had waay to much to drink," She led him off and my eyes found the green paint brush marks on hisback, that stopped at his shoulderblades. I giggled, knowing he must have painted himself. People when they get drunk are some of the funniest people ever.

I looked back at Sid, seeing our faces were dangerously close to eachother, so close I could smell his minty breath which was surprising because he was drinking his beer. "God, your breath smells nice," I commented, patting his cheek and placing my head back on his shoulder. It was silent as I sat there, on his lap hearing his heartbeat and watching him swallowing down his beer from the straw. "Sidney..." I whispered, watching Sids head turn and look down at me. I wasn't sure what to say about anything as of this moment. I didn't know if he wanted to make 'us' an official thing, or what but I needed to know...

"Wait, Em, before you say anything, I have something for you," He handed me his beer and dug around in his pants pockets before pulling out a beercap on a chain and handing it to me. I held it in my hand, noting the cap was from a Heineken bottle. I stared at him awkwardly, not understanding what this was from.

"Do you know what this is?" He asked, taking it out of my hands and doing it up around my neck, his fingers lingering on my collarbones as he pulled my hair away from my face, making goosebumps appear on my skin and butterflies in my stomach. It's been a while since I felt butterflies. I shook my head 'no' as he let the bottle cap drop onto my dress and he turned his eyes on mine. "Em, this is the cap to the bottle of beer I accidentally poured on you during our second date," He grabbed it up and ran his white painted fingers over the cap. "I think that was a good date,"

"I love how you call them dates," I giggled, snagging it from his hand and looking it over myself. It still had the dent in it from when I accidentally kneeled on it when we were looking for it. We had so much fun. We were at my townhouse and I got us beers and he went to stand up, tripped himself and poured the beer all over me and the cap rolled under the couch. He apologized like crazy, but it was the funnest night of my life. We were laughing and talking and crawling around on our hands and knees and Cobus thought we were playing so he joined in but ended up just jumping onto Sids back.

"You call them dates too," He pointed out, furrowing his brows. "Are you and 'Jake' going out on a date?" He said 'Jake' so harshly, that I had to bite my inner cheek from bursting out laughing because I knew he was being so serious.

"He's just buying me coffee, to celebrate our midterm being over," I patted his chest and laid back against the couch, putting my feet in his lap. "Who knows, it may turn into a date," Jake was absolutely gorgeous, he played football for our College and was one hell of a quarterback and yet had the heart of a velvet teddy bear.

"So you're just going to toss me to the side huh?" Sid rolled his eyes. "Use me and abuse me, and then run off to the first fellow who throws a football,"

"Are you jealous?" I giggled, pointing my finger at him. It all fit, he was being hostile about the whole Jake and I going for coffee thing. It was so cute. He immediately shook his head 'no' but wouldn't look me in the eyes. "You are jealous," I giggled, crawling back over to him and throwing my arms around his neck. "Sidney Crosby is jealous!" I squeezed tightly, pressing my lips against his cheek. I quickly wiped the face paint off my mouth.

"Iam not jealous," He looked over at me, a wide smile on his face. I scoffed, getting a glare in return. I knew he was jealous. People in space could see this. "I just don't particularly enjoy you ditching me to hang out with some pretty boy who throws a football,"

"Uhm, you are a pretty boy who skates with a puck," I informed him, using the same snarky tone he gave to me. "Face it, Sid, it wouldn't matter who it was you wouldn't like him anyway," I put a sharp finger into his chest, glaring at him. Sid and I never argued unless I was saying I was going to go somewhere with Jake, which was like all the time. Have they ever met? No. Was Jake a fan of Sids? To an extent.

"Well is that my goddamn fault?" He pushed me off of him and stood up, resting his hands on his hips. "I got all dressed up to come here with the hopes that I could tell you how I feel and now I don't even want to talk to you," I stood up, walking up to him as he walked backwards.

"Sidney..." I put my hand out, hoping he'd take it and we could go back to before any of this was said. I hated to see him upset.

He slowly looked at it and then at me, but left his arms crossed over his chest. "Tell me how you feel..." I spoke through a shaky voice. If this would be the last time I'd ever see or speak to him, I'd want to know how he felt and atleast try and make it better.

He sucked in a deep breath and looked at his feet, before returning them back up to me. "The reason I was late, was not because I fucked up my make-up, I was second-guessing coming to this party..." He looked everywhere but me. "I ended up over at Geno and TKs and they told me to just come here and tell you exactly what I thought, and that I just can't be friends with you,"

"You don't wanna be friends with me anymore?" I broke down and felt the tears stream down my face. "But you can't do that! It's not fair!" I started sobbing and backed up, siting down on the couch wrapping my arms around my head. I really liked Sid and I felt like he was such a big part of my life now and he would leave a gaping hole in my heart if he ever stopped being my friend.

"Emily," Sid sat down beside me, putting his arm around me and using his free hand to remove my face from my hands. "I don't mean 'I don't wanna be friends', I'm just saying... I can't just be friends with you anymore..." He wiped my free tears away with his thumb. "It's killing me to see you off with some other guy," He slowly held onto me tighter and tighter.

"What do you mean?" I asked, wiping away my own tears as Sid stole one of my hands. I knew what he was saying, but I wanted him to say it. I needed Sid to say he wanted me and wanted there to be an 'us'. I was dying for this to finally happen.

"I mean, I want 'us'," He held my face in his hands. "What do you think?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiiiiii! :D Long time no freaking story! Well, I've been writing this little gem and hope its as epic to you as it is to me! Please comment and subscribe! Tonnes more to come!