Sequel: Wings.
Status: i'm baaaaaack

Living with Monsters

mommy, meet your baby.

~SAM’S POV~

“Sam? Hey Sam, it’s Charlie. Uh… well...you see Dahlia is in the hospital. Don’t freak out! She’s okay… well she’s having her baby. Uh… call me back.”

Next voicemail.

“Hello Sam. Uh, it’s me Charlie again. I hate to blow up your voicemail but your daughter is having your grandchild. She really wants you here. Uh… call me back.”

Next voicemail.

“Sam! Dahlia really needs you here man! She wants her daddy. The baby is almost here. Where are you? It’s been hours! Okay. Call me back.”

Next voicemail.

“Hey Sam… its Emmett. I’m here with Dahlia. She’s having her baby. She keeps saying she wants you here. I know that you’re busy, and I’m sure my brother is grateful, but your daughter is having her child and she’s kinda freaking out. Please call me back.”

My heart was pounding in my throat as I listened to the voicemails. My baby girl was having her baby? I knew this was going to happen, but not so soon! I reached out and grabbed Paul by the neck. He looked at me bewildered. He wanted to go to Jacob’s side, everyone did, and he had been hurt in this fight.

“Dahlia….” I couldn’t speak. Why? I had been through this with her mother, why is it different know? “Dahlia is having her baby.”

“Oh my god! Come on Sam! We gotta go!” Paul shouted at me as he ripped his clothes away. He phased and began running. I did the same and tied my clothes around my ankle and ran to the hospital.

When we arrived I could hear her screams. I realized it was probably because of my heightened hearing but it still scared me. I threw my shoes on and ran to the room. Paul had gotten stuck explaining why a mad man was running down the corridors. I’m just glad they didn’t stop me.

~EMMETT’S POV~

“It’s okay honey. You’re doing good.” I whispered in her ear. Dahlia looked at me with teary eyes. She grabbed my hand and squeezed when the doctor told her to push. I could tell she was in pain and it hurt that I couldn’t do anything to comfort her.

“You are doing wonderful dear! One more push and you’ll meet the little one.” The doctor, whose name I forgot, told Dahlia. I looked down at Dahlia I kissed her forehead.

“Stubborn, just like his mommy.” She said breathless. I chuckled and rubbed some damp hair from her forehead. She squeezed my hand again and pushed hard. A growl emitted from her throat and a scream pierced the air. I was almost shocked that such sounds could come from her small body. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh.

For a few terrifying seconds it was silent, and then came a beautiful sound of a new born baby cry. I could almost feel my dead heart flutter as I heard the sound. I looked down at dahlia to find she was looking at me with tears in her eyes. She smiled at me and reached up and hugged me tight around the neck. The doctor had me cut the cord. As I did I looked at dahlia and grinned.

“Mommy, meet you’re new baby boy! What’s his name?” the doctor asked. She bundled up the little baby in a soft blue blanket. She handed him to dahlia and watched as Dahlia’s eyes lit up.

“Emmett? What should we name him?” Dahlia asked in a soft tired voice. I knelt next to her and smiled as the little baby gripped my finger.

“Name him Gabriel.” I told her. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. She nodded and smiled at baby Gabriel.

“Hello Gabriel. Welcome to the world.” She whispered. As she kissed his forehead Sam burst through the door. He was panting as he looked around. His face crumpled when he saw Dahlia.

“What is his name?” Sam said kneeling on the other side of Dahlia. Dahlia handed Sam the baby.

“His name is Gabriel. Emmett came up with the idea. Isn’t he cute?” Dahlia said. I smiled down at her and kissed her forehead. Paul came barreling in. I slipped out to call my family.

I put the phone to my ear and stared at the wall. “Emmett?” Jasper answered the phone.

“Hey, Dahlia and I are at the hospital-“

“What?!” I was cut off with jasper. I sighed as I heard rustling and Alice giggles.

“Calm down jazz. Dahlia just had her baby, he’s beautiful.” I said. I heard a sigh of relief.

“What’d she name him? Is he healthy? Is she healthy? We’re on our way.” Jasper said. I chuckled. Jasper and Dahlia had always been close. He saw her as a little sister. He was always there for her when Edward or I couldn’t be. I’d have to thank him for that later.

“Hey, don’t let Edward Bring Bella. He can be mad at me later but I don’t want her stressing Dahlia out.” I told jasper in a low voice.

“Okay. Edward still wants to come though; he’s already on the way. He and Carlisle are running. Alice has the balloons and stuff so we’re going to take the car.” He told me. I nodded but remembered he couldn’t see me.

“Okay. Uh, room 313.” I told him. I hung up and walked back into the room with a smile on my face.

~DAHLIA’S POV~

I held Gabriel in my arms and stared at his icy blue eyes. I smiled and kissed his forehead. Emmett walked back in smiling at me. I smiled back and held Gabriel out to him. He grinned and gently took him in his arms. Gabriel sighed and snuggled into his chest. I giggled at the pure adorable-ness of it.

“Hey, Dahlia we are gonna head home, we have your surprise there. Soooo we’ll see you later.” Paul said. He grinned and leaned down to kiss my forehead. “You did good kiddo”

“We’ll probably be back in the morning okay? Get some rest.” Dad said. He kissed my cheek and hugged me tightly. They walked out the door and fought over whom baby would sit first.

Emmett pulled a chair up to the side of my bed and sat there. He stared at Gabriel with a grin on his face. “I’m gonna teach you to play football, and we can prank your uncles. Oh! And we’ll get your grandpa to give you lots of candy!” Emmett rambled.

I watched them entertain each other with a smile on my face. Emmett looked at me and smiled. I glanced at the door when I heard it open and close. Edward and Carlisle stood there looking at me with smug smiles.

“Guys! Look at this cutie! He’s so cute!” Emmett gushed. He slowly, even slow for a human, walked over to the guys. He handed Gabriel over to Carlisle. Carlisle looked down and instantly smiled.

“He is cute! What’s his name?” Carlisle asked. Emmett and Edward sat on the bed next to me. I crawled and curled up in Emmett’s side. I eyed Edward wryly.

“Gabriel” I said softly. I was glad Emmett chose that name. I didn’t want people to be awkward but at the same time I wanted to honor him. He gave his life to save his child and me.

“Beautiful” Carlisle said. I smiled at him.

“Thanks. It was Emmett’s idea.” I yawned. Damn birthing a child tires a person out! I watched Carlisle hand Edward my baby. Edward glanced at me and took him gently. Don’t worry Eddie, you won’t hurt him.

“Thanks Lia.” Edward whispered. I smiled at him. The door opened again and two more people walked in. I looked at jasper and Alice and smiled.

“Hey, we have stuff for you!” Alice said as she hugged me tightly. I hugged her back. “Your child is Beautiful by the way. Gabriel is a wonderful name for him.”

“Thank you Alice.” I told her. Edward handed me Gabriel quickly and Alice pushed the boys off the bed. I looked at her and she just waved her hand at me. Yeah yeah yeah, your just lucky Eddie can hear thoughts! I heard Edward chuckle.

“Open! Here let me see my beautiful nephew.” She said. I gently handed her Gabriel and took the bag she was holding. Inside was a soft quilt that had ‘mommy’ knitted into it. I smiled and rubbed it against my cheek. She quickly replaced the empty bag with a new one. It was a little smaller. I opened it and instantly smiled. It was silk pajamas. I jumped up and paused.

“Can I have a piggy back ride to the bath room?” I asked Emmett sheepishly. He smiled and picked me up gently. He walked swiftly to the bathroom and set me inside. I shut the door and quickly changed into the pajamas I smiled at the softness.

“Ready?” Emmett said when I opened the door. I nodded and giggled when he scooped me up. I glanced up at him and kissed his cheek. “Thank you, Emmett. Thank you for staying by me.” I told him. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

“I’ll always be there.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END IS NEEEEAAAAARRR!!!!
okay so the story is coming to a close, I'll probably do one or two chapters plus an epilogue. i am going to do another story but its not going to be dahlia and Emmett its going to be Carlisle and a lovely character. but dahlia and the gang will be in it!!! so I'll just put it up as a squeal but it'll be about Carlisle.
soooo yeah... the baby is here.
comment?
love you guys. :)