Sequel: Wings.
Status: i'm baaaaaack

Living with Monsters

shopping with Xander

Someone was jumping on my bed. Someone was jumping on my bed while I was trying to sleep. I growled and caught the jumper by the ankle. They came toppling down and landed on me and the person lying next to me. Two sets of groans were heard.

I opened my eye to see Gabriel glaring at Xander, who was glaring at me. “Xander! Why? It’s my day off I want to sleep” I grumbled. He just laughed at me and pulled the covers off us. I glared at him and snuggled into Gabriel’s side. He chuckled and wrapped an arm around me.

“You promised to take me to the store! And the café! Please!” Xander begged. I glared at him. “I’ll buy you coffee” I sighed and shooed him out. Once the door closed I grabbed the blanket and snuggled into Gabriel’s side once again.

“Now I can’t sleep” I whined. Gabriel looked at me and smirked. He pressed his lips to my forehead and stood up. He was shirtless and wearing only boxer shorts. I smirked at him. He was built, not crazy built but good built.

“Come on honey, let’s get princess to the store so we can go back to bed” he said. I laughed at him and stood up next to him. He was taller than I am so I had to look up to see his face. I poked his abs and giggled. He looked down at me.

“What? It doesn’t get old.” I said poking various areas on his tone stomach. He poked my stomach and giggled like a little girl.

“That’s what you look like” he said playfully. I gasped dramatically and poked his chin. In return he poked my cheek, I poked his forehead he poked my ear. After our little poke war I turned to my closet. Gabriel snaked his arms around my waist and I leaned into him.

“What shall I wear? Maybe these pants, and that shirt” I told myself. Gabriel let out a snort of laughter. I pulled the clothes out and pushed Gabriel into the closet.

“I’ve seen you naked!” he protested, but stayed in the closet. I heard him rummaging around, probably finding his own clothes he kept in there. Once I was finished I tapped the door. He walked out in his usual black slacks, and red button up shirt. I smiled at him.

I sat down to do my make up but Gabriel’s large hand grabbed mine. I looked at him raising an eyebrow. “Don’t wear that today; I think you’re beautiful without it.” He said. My insides melted as I grinned. I set down the foundation brush.

“Finally!” Xander shouted as we walked down the stairs. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a muffin.

“I’ll see you tonight Lia. Good-bye Xander!” Gabriel said grabbing a muffin from behind me. I kissed his cheek quickly and he kissed my forehead.

“See you after work, love.” I told him softly. He smiled. Xander said his goodbye as Gabriel walked out the door. I smiled to myself.

“Come on!” Xander said grabbing my hand. I laughed and we walked to my car.

~~

“So, this Gabriel, he treats you right?” Xander asked as we walked through the store. I nodded. “He was the one who helped you when you fainted right?”

“Yea. We stuck together after that. Dad thinks he’s good for me. We’re going to Italy in June” I told him. I grabbed a jar of peanut butter and set it in the cart. Xander nodded.

“I’m glad you had someone who looked after you when…he… left. I would’ve come down sooner but Gabe was being difficult” Xander explained. Once again I nodded.

“It’s fine Xander. I totally understand. I’m just scared. What if he comes back?” I asked, almost whispering. Xander nodded and touched my arm. I looked at him.

“You’ll be strong. You will always have your dad, vlad, and I to be there with you. I’m moving back here.” He said. I squealed and hugged him tight. I was going to have my best friend back for good!

“Come on, it’s been a couple hours. Let’s go” I told him. He nodded and we headed for the cashier.

While lugging the grocies into the house my stomach twisted. I felt the sudden need to puke. I dropped the bags I was holding and ran for the bathroom. After a few unpleasant minutes with my head in the toilet, I emerged out of the bathroom. I leaned on the wall and held my hand, I was dizzy.

“Are you okay?” Vlad asked suddenly in front of me. I nodded slowly. “You’re pale, come, sit” he guided me to the couch and sat next to me. I looked at the floor were my bags should be. “I caught them for you”

“Thanks.” I muttered. “I don’t know what that was”

“Well, let’s make dinner. I’m sure it was something you ate.” He told me gently. I nodded. What did I eat today? A muffin. That’s all, just a muffin. I’ve never gotten sick of a muffin. Maybe it was a flu that is going around. I’ll have to warn Gabriel.

We began making dinner. Gabriel came home, looking stressed. I put down the knife I was just using to cut the fruit. I ran up to him and hugged him. He kidded my forehead and smiled weakly. “What’s wrong?” I asked worriedly.

“This girl came in; she was maybe six or seven. She was crying. She sat in a pew and asked god why he took her ‘daddy’ away. She told god that it made her mom sad and she was being teased at school because her daddy wasn’t there. The poor girl. When she saw me she ran and hugged me. She told me about her daddy. How they were so close and he used to play soccer with her. She asked me where heaven was, and if her daddy was there.” He explained. His voice cracked and he buried his face in my hair. I rubbed his back knowing this would be tough on him.

Gabriel loved children. He thinks they are blessings from god. He hates when they are sad or hurt. One time this little boy was getting hit by these teenagers and Gabriel pulled them off and carried the little boy all the way to his house.

“Is she okay now?” I asked. I felt him nod.

“Her aunt came to the church. She explained that her father was killed in a mugging. He saved a woman who was going to be shot. But they found her and took her home.” He said into my hair.

“Come on honey, let’s eat dinner. Vlad is here, he wants to talk about our trip to Italy. I’m sure he’ll want to hear about this little girl and her father.” I said gently. He hugged me for a long time and finally let me go.

As I watched him walk into the kitchen my stomach lurged again and I was hit by a wave of nausea. I took deep breaths until it stopped.
♠ ♠ ♠
damn i wish i could find a guy like Gabriel. that would be freaking amazing!!
tell me what you think?
thank you for the comments by the way!
ENJOY!