Sequel: Wings.
Status: i'm baaaaaack

Living with Monsters

***ing Cullens

I sighed in content as the hot water from the shower poured over me. I rubbed my back frowning slightly. We had just literally gotten back from our trip yesterday. The plane ride was brutal. I had talked to Alice on the phone and she promised on to tell anyone that I was with child. She also told me that they were moving back to Washington. My chest ached.

I screamed when the water turned ice cold. I jumped back against the wall as the door burst open. Gabriel pulled back the curtain and stared at me. “The water is cold!”I finally shouted. He stared at me and started laughing. I glared and stepped out and wrapped a towel around me.

I heard Gabriel turn off the shower. I began brushing my hair and teeth. Gabriel walked up behind me and rested his chin on my shoulder and stared at me through the mirror. I smiled. I heard the door open and many people walking in. I groaned when I realized it was the pack.
“Make sure they don’t eat all my pasta. I’m going to get dressed.” I told him. He smiled and nodded. I walked into the closet and pulled out a bra, panties and a deep blue dress. I put them on quickly and walked out to find the boys all gathered around.

“Shhhh! don’t make a sound until she’s… oh! Dahlia!!” Paul said as he noticed me. I raised an eyebrow at him. He smiled and stepped back. In the middle of their little circle was a pit bull! He was small and cute. Pit bulls have always been my favorite. I smiled.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Well, you know because you were in Italy for your birthday” dad said as he picked up the dog. He walked over to me and handed him to me. I was wrong when I thought he was small. “He’s still a puppy, but he’s done growing.”

“Oh my gosh! You’re so cute!” I cooed at the door. His deep brown eyes looked at me and seemed to light up. He reached up and licked my cheek. I grinned. “He likes me!”

“What are you going to name him?” Xander said. He walked over to me and picked him up so I didn’t strain myself. I looked at him long and hard.

“Jeff” I said. Jeff wiggled in Xander’s arm and managed to lick me. I laughed.

“That has got to be the most random name ever” Paul grumbled. I laughed and stuck out my tongue.

“Now leave us! I must go to work and Jeff here needs food!” I said. The boys laughed and gave me a hug then left. Gabriel, vlad, dad, Xander, and I were left standing in the living room. Xander put Jeff down and walked into the kitchen, muttering about finding a job.

“Have a good day at work honey. Tonight we’re going out” he said as he kissed my forehead. I got a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. It reminded me of Bella’s birthday. I shook it off and nodded smiling at him.

“Okay! See you guys! Love you!” I shouted as I walked out to my car. I felt eyes on me as I opened my door. I looked around and saw a glimpse of pale skin. A pang of hurt went through me. I ignored it and got in my car to drive to work.

~~

“I hear voices in my head! They council me! They understand! They talk to me!” the man sang on the stage. I quietly sang along to him. I personally loved the song. (Voices by rev theory) I laughed as other people sang along to. I was at work for three hours and I already wanted to go home.

I let out a breath when the song ended. A moment of silence was good. I rubbed my forehead and sipped my tea. I couldn’t drink coffee anymore so I stuck with tea. I heard a bell ring and I looked at the person standing at the counter.

It was Carlisle.

“How are you doing dear?” his voice sounded like it always had, but somehow lighter. I walked over to him and just stared at him. He was standing there as if nothing had happened, as if his family didn’t desert me.

“Great!” I mumbled. I subconsciously rubbed my belly. I’m pretty sure it’s a boy. My baby boy, which would be awesome.

“How far along are you?” he asked curious. I rolled my eyes and stepped around the counter. I grabbed his hand gently and placed it on my tiny baby bump. I know people couldn’t feel him move but I knew he could feel his heart beat.

“Three months, almost four.” I told him. He nodded; he had a smile on his face as he rubbed my belly. I laughed and leaned against the counter.

“Who’s the father?” he asked. I couldn’t tell his emotions. I stared at him for a long time.

“Gabriel. We meet a few months after… after Bella’s birthday. He saved me actually.” I said. This caught Carlisle’s attention. “I was running, and forgot to take my meds. I passed out in the rain and he saved me.”

“He’s a good man then? He treats you right?” he said almost desperately. I looked at him, but he wouldn’t look at me, only at my baby.

“He wouldn’t leave if that’s what you mean” I said harshly. I instantly regretted it. I turned away from him and covered my eyes with my hand. I took deep breaths. “I need to get back to work. I’m trying to save up.”

I felt a whoosh of air and I knew he was gone. No one was paying any attention so I knew he wasn’t seen. I wiped away the tears and got back to work.

~~

I got home before Gabriel did. I laughed when I saw Jeff curled up on the couch. When he heard me he ran up to me, but didn’t jump up on me. I laughed and rubbed behind his ear. “Such a good dog! Yes you are! Do you want a treat?” I cooed. He licked my face and I laughed.
I walked into the kitchen and screamed when I saw Edward looking at the pictures on my fridge. He didn’t look at me. I glared at him and walked past him. ‘Fucking Cullens’ I thought bitterly. I opened the cabinet and reached for the dog treats. It was on the top shelf. I glowered knowing this was Vlad’s doing.

“Need help?” Edward’s calm voice said from behind me. I ignored him and contuied to reach for it. The treats were suddenly on the counter and Jeff, who was at my feet, was barking madly at Edward. I laughed and rubbed behind Jeff’s ears. I gave him the treats and slowly turned to Edward.

“What do you want?” I asked suddenly tired. I leaned against the counter. Edward watched me closely. He suddenly put his cold hand on my collar bone. I yelped in surprise and smacked his hand away.

“I’m sorry, Lia. I am so sorry” he said. I didn’t know which he was talking about, leaving me here alone, or his beloved attacking me every chance she got. “Both”

“Well good. But I’m not. I found my family, I found someone who actually loves me. I still love every single one of you. Especially jasper. I always will….jasper” I said. I heard his chuckle and he walked out of the shadows.

“Turd nugget, you don’t need to hide. I am though going to kick you out. Dad kind of strongly dislikes you guys.” I muttered. They looked at me with wide eyes.

“Yea, having an alpha dad… kinda handy” I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
buhahaha i actually did that to my sister when she was pregnant with her first baby. i hid the cookies on the top shelf (she's only 5foot 1inch) it was so funny watching her trying to get the cookies. i know 'rachel you horrible sister' don't care, it was funny.
anywhore
ENJOY!