Sequel: Wings.
Status: i'm baaaaaack

Living with Monsters

Die Bella Die!

The cold rain sliced my skin like razors. I refused anyone and everyone’s jacket. I stared at the coffin; it was closed right now since we were waiting for people to show up. The pastor told me they would start soon. I stared at the coffin and the pain swelled in my chest. I felt someone wrap a warm arm around my shoulders and I shrugged them away. I wanted to feel the cold bitter rain. It reminded me that this wasn’t a nightmare. That I was awake and this was real.

I looked to my right and saw every single one of the pack members standing. They wore white suites and a black tie. Gabriel always said that he thought wearing black to a funeral was ridicules. That when you die, you aren’t feeling any pain and you are pure. So you wear white because white is pure and beautiful. I looked down at myself. I was wearing a simple white dress and the rosary that Gabriel gave me the day we met. I held it tightly in my hand and pulled it close to my chest.

I looked to my left and saw the Cullen family standing. They also wore white. Even though they didn’t know him I was glad they came. He wouldn’t have wanted that. He always defended them, when someone was insulting vampires or their family. “Everyone deserves to have the chance to change” he would always say.

I sniffled and held myself tighter. I looked at the pastor as he began saying the beautiful words about Gabriel. He talked and talked about him as if he knew him closely. I couldn’t be angry with him because I knew that he was only doing what he was supposed to, but to me it sounded fake.

They opened the casket and I began to sob quietly to myself.

~EDWARD’S POV~

I stood with my family as we attended Gabriel’s funeral. We were all thankful that he had saved Dahlia’s and their baby’s life. I couldn’t help but to feel a slight aching pain as I stood watching the ceremony. I never knew the man but I knew of how he loved Dahlia and always protected her. In the end he would give his life so his love and child could live.

I knew I wept invisible tears. I could see the things Gabriel did and said to the pack. He wasn’t just there for Dahlia but for all of them. They all truly loved him. I watched through their eyes memories of him.

‘That’s not even his smile. Oh god. His smile was beautiful. I hope our son has his smile’ I heard Dahlia’s quite thoughts. Hers were the hardest to hear because of the pain that rooted deep in them. Gabriel was there for her illnesses, for our abdonment, for everything and he never shyed away from her. He truly loved her.

~JASPER’S POV~

I was hit wave upon wave of sorrow. It came not only from the La Push pack but from my own family. I knew they took this hard also. I knew it was kind of silly to be saddened by the death of someone we never knew, but it felt like we did know him. Dahlia loved him, the pack loved him, he must have been a truly great man.

~SAM’S POV~

I watched my little girl sob to herself. She wouldn’t allow any of us to touch her. She wanted to feel the pain and know this wasn’t some sick dream. I was reminded of when her mother died. I hope she heals faster than I did when I lost the person I loved.

JULY

Dahlia worked and cleaned and showered like normal, but she was gone. She was pale and never held any emotion. The only thing that made her smile or even a shadow of the old Dahlia was when she did something involving the baby. When she had doctor’s appointments or when she felt the baby kick. That was the only time she was even human.

When she wasn’t working or cleaning she was holding those damned rosary that Gabriel gave her. She would never take them off. It was as if they were the last tether to Gabriel she had left.

AUGUST

It had been two months since Gabriel’s death and I’ve began to worry about Dahlia. I knew it would take time to heal but she is 5 almost six months pregnant she is going to be a mother soon. I really hope she can get out of this funk.

~DAHLIA’S POV~

I knocked on Charlie’s door. I had promised him I would come in and visit him. I knew everyone was worried about me but I wasn’t. I was more worried about my baby. He was going to grow up without a father, and that is a hard thing to do.

The door opened and I was suddenly pushed backwards. I caught myself before I fell and turned with furious eyes to stare at my attacker. Bella stood there her eyes were angry and she was frigid. She stalked up to me and punched me square in the jaw.

“I’m glad Gabriel is dead! He was pathetic!” she yelled. My blood ran cold. She smirked when she saw me getting angry. “Next your little devil spawn is going to die! You know, I think Gabriel wanted to die! Why else would he throw himself in front of a bullet? Or maybe he was just stupid!”

I screamed and punched her. She stumbled back a little bit but smiled. She spit at me but missed. I was so angry! My hands began to shake and I could feel myself splitting apart. The pain started in the base of my skull and in an instant I was engulfed in it.

When the pain was gone I looked up. I was shorter now, and something seemed off. I looked at Bella and she looked terrified and grinned. I lunged at her and noticed I had paws. I decided to question it later. I tackled her down and stood on her. She was screaming but I was growing louder.

I wanted her to be afraid; I wanted her to never look at me the same way ever again! She needed to realize she wasn’t the badest shit out there anymore. The moment her pathetic ass stepped into the world of the paranormal she was doomed.

When I was satisfied I pushed off her and stalked off towards the woods. I looked back and she was still laying there wheezing. I noticed my clothes in shreds on the sidewalk. Cool I’m naked. I walked down the road and into the woods. I sat at the lake and howled.

~PAUL’S POV~

I was out on patrol when I heard it. It was a long, sad, scared howl. I moved my head to the side trying to recognize the howl. It didn’t sound like any of the pack members. Could there be other wolves out there?

‘Did you hear that? Let’s check it out’ Sam’s voice told me. I nodded to myself. I ran in the direction of the howl. Halfway there I noticed it was close to Dahlia’s house. I began running harder. We got into the clearing next to a lake and saw a snow white wolf with grey stretching over its face and ears and shoulders. I walked closer and nudged it with my head.

The wolf jumped up and whipped around. It blared its teeth at us then relaxed as if it knew us. I looked to Sam to see if he had any idea. The rogue wolf walked up to Sam and nudged him with its face. They looked at each other for a long while and finally he looked at me.

‘Go to Emily and grab some clothes. Get sweat pants and a t-shirt’ he ordered. I nodded and ran off.

~ DAHLIA’S POV~

Paul came back with clothes and ran into the forest. I did as dad said and thought of something calming. I thought of the day Gabriel went fishing and I had to teach him how. Soon I felt the cold air hit my skin and I shivered. I scrambled to put the clothes on.

Once I was decent I began to panic. “Oh my gosh! Can… what about my baby?!” I shouted. Sam looked puzzled but not worried. He had put on pants and a sweat shirt.

“I’m sure he’s fine, do you want to go to the doctor so they can tell you that?” he asked gently. I nodded. He grabbed my hand and walked into the forest. “Huh, my daughters can turn into a wolf. What made you phase by the way?”

“Uh. You don’t wanna know. But… uh… if Bella comes around…. I’m dead” I told him. He looked at me but shook his head knowing he’d hear about it from Jacob.
♠ ♠ ♠
fuck i am so mad at myself! so for my ap u.s history class we were doing this big project and we had to turn it in my the end of school today. well i get home and i realised i had to turn in that project! god i'm ugh. so i decided to write for you guys.
tell me how you like it.