Running Away

chapter one.

It was a bitterly cold winter night. The stars glistened brightly beside the full moon as Zachary Baker squeezed through a small patch of pine trees. He sighed, slinging his backpack farther on his shoulder and rubbing his hands together swiftly in an attempt to ward off the cold. He stomped through the back yard of an elderly couple angrily, his boots making deep imprints in the shining snow that covered the grass like a blanket.
"Fuck parents...Fuck school...Fuck it.." He muttered, his fists clenched in balls. He made it to his friend Brian's house and took a deep breath. Should I? He asked himself in his head. He took a deep breath and knocked on the front door quietly. A light flickered on and Zacky prayed that Brian was home alone. The door swung open and - to Zacky's relief - Brian's large, chocolate brown eyes met his.
"Hey Zack." He said, cocking up an eyebrow. "What are you doing here? It's like, three in the morning." Zacky eyed his best friend's messy bedhead and cracked a smile. His smile faltered as he reminded himself what he was doing.
"I'm running away." He uttered simply, looking around the small neighborhood as he waited for a response.
"What? No - no you're not." Brian grabbed the sixteen-year-old's wrist and dragged him through the threshold, closing the winter air out of the house behind him. "Why? Stay here..my folks wont be back for a week..Zack..talk to me.." He said as Zacky stomped the snow off the bottom of his boots. He kicked them off, slipped his coat and hat off, and they walked into Brian's bedroom.
"I need to get away...my parents hate me, Brian. I'm getting horrible grades in school...I'm a failure. Every body hates me." Zacky sighed, looking down at his wet socks as they kicked against Brian's dark blue bed sheets. Brian left his friends side for a brief moment, returning with two cups of hot cocoa.
"Zack, you're insane." He said, shaking his mop of black hair before taking a sip of the warm, brown liquid.
"No..it's all true. I've got enough money to take a train to Los Angeles. I've got a few friends there."
"Friends? Or dealers?" Brian shot Zacky a disapproving look before the shorter boy answered quietly.
"I don't know.." He mumbled, avoiding eye contact with Brian.
"Fuck that, Zack..you gotta stop..your folks are gonna find out and you're gonna be fucking..grounded for life or something."
"I can't stop, Brian..It's too hard..I sound like a fucking druggie."
"You are a druggie, Zee." Brian stifled in a laugh and Zacky punched his arm. "Ouch.." He hissed, glancing at Zack with angry eyes.
"I hate you, Bri." Zack said, his expression unamused.
"No you don't.." Brian threw his arm around his friend's shoulder playfully, a smile playing on Zacky's lips.
"Fuck off, asshole." He spat, folding his arms.
"Is that an invitation?" Brian smirked, getting a bit close to Zack. He felt his cheeks flush, so he turned his head in embarrassment.
"Brian..what are you d-" Brian's lips pressed against Zacky's quickly. Zacky's eyes got wide, pulling back. "What...was...that..?" He said, gulping.
"I..um..I...." Brian rubbed the back of his neck, his cheeks red. "Sorry.."
"No..Brian..I..." Zacky cupped Brian's chin, their eyes meeting. He slowly leaned in to give him another kiss, this time more sweet and passionate.
"Wait, Zack..." Brian shook his head, running a hand through his messy black hair. "How long have you been wanting to do that?" He asked shyly.
"Years, Bri. I love you." Zee admitted, the corner of his lips rising into a smile.
"Fuck.." Brian grabbed Zack's hand, lacing their fingers together as he pushed him back onto the bed. "How's that?" He smirked, looking down at the younger boy.
"Shut up and kiss me." Brian teased Zacky by lightly touching their lips together and pulling back.
"How bad do you want it?" He asked, biting his lip as he stared into his friend's emerald eyes.
"Fuck you, Bri." Zack moved his right hand to Brian's neck, pushing his head down and forcefully kissing him.
"Fiesty...I like it." Brian snickered.
"Fuck...." Another kiss. "..Off.." Zacky bit Brian's lip, making him whimper. He smirked into the kiss, fighting his tongue into Brian's mouth. They rolled over and Zacky held Brian's arms down as he bit his neck.
"God, Zack.." Brian whispered, out of breath. Zee's lips moved down to his collarbone, and he slipped Bri's shirt off quickly. "Wait..are we going to.."
"Only if you want to." Zack said, gulping and looking down at his friend.
"I don't know, Zee.."
"We don't have to do anything." Zacky pulled back, setting Brian's shirt in his hand.
"Just come here.." Brian pulled the chain on his lamp, inviting Zee into his bed. Zack slipped his shirt off quickly and climbed in next to the dark-haired boy. Brian slung his arm around the other boy, burying his face in his neck. "Don't stick it up my ass while I'm sleeping.." He yawned. Zacky chuckled.
"No promises."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for Synacky! :3