They called him Jeff...

Until I heard the window break... (three)

"Amber, you don't understand. This is serious. I'm scared." I gulped while my red headed, green eyed friend sat in front of my on the carpet in my living room. She rolled her eyes as she sipped on her coffee.
"You need to stop making a huge fuss about this. You probably were sleepwalking and you wrote the note, right? It doesn't mean anything." I took a deep breath and nodded. Amber was always one to look on the bright, realistic side of things.
"Alright. I guess so.." I nodded hopefully and Skipper started clawing at me. "Let's go take Skip for a walk."
I refused to go in the woods, but Amber dragged me along anyways.
"Stop being a baby." She insisted. I grunted as she pulled me onto the familiar path that I had taken yesterday.

"See? Nothing happened. You're having weird hallucinations or something. Did your doctor prescribe some weird medication to you?" She asked as we sat at the table in my kitchen, flipping through magazines.
"No. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. Whatever - I'm over it." I gave her a small smile, but inside, I was mentally freaking out. None of this was making sense. But I didn't want to be nagged any longer, so I lied.
"Great. Now get back to your regular self." She laughed. "How's your boy toy?" I rolled my eyes and waved it off. Ian and I broke up days ago.
"Non existent." I said. She took the hint and looked off awkwardly.
"Um...anyways. I should get going. It's kind of late." I nodded and waved goodbye as she hurriedly ran out.

Great. Alone again. That's awesome. I thought sarcastically. Skipper needed to be taken out to go to the bathroom. I left him on his tie out and made myself some hot chocolate. The weather was taking a turn for the worse. The skies were darker than usual, so I made sure not to keep Skip out too long. I heard him bark sharply and I ran out to peer out the window. My heart stopped for a moment. Something was running along the woodline. Skipper yelped until I hurried outside, unclasped him, and shooed him inside. I locked all of the windows and doors and shut myself inside of my room, carrying my small pocket knife with me just incase. I curled up in my blankets and kept Skipper close to me. His body warmth made me feel safe. That is - until I heard the window break.