Status: In progress

My Only One

Best pancakes ever.

~Megan~

I was so excited for the boys. They’d been nonstop writing songs since I met them so I knew that once the sent their album in something good would happen. I had already heard it and each and every song was amazing. This was so great for them. They even invited me to go to the meeting with them which I definitely am going to. It’s not for another two days though. You could tell everyone in the house was anxious for Wednesday to come.

I’ve been really getting along well in Rian’s house. He was such a good guy letting me stay here. Where else would I have stayed? I don’t know. I’m just glad that I don’t have to worry about it. I knew all of my friends would be there for me no matter what, just like Zack said. I had no doubt about that. I’ve been thinking about going back to get some of my stuff. I was missing some clothes and some jewelry and I had a couple hidden things under my mattress I forgot to tell Alex to get. We’d go back soon. This time I won’t let Alex go alone though.

“Hello, darling.” Alex walked into the living room carrying a bag of popcorn. “Do you have a movie picked out?” I nodded. Jack was coming later so I plopped in Home Alone. It was the only thing we watched so I didn’t know what else to pick. “Really?” He asked me when the screen popped up onto the TV. “Yup,” I said popping the ‘p’ at the end. I sat down next to him and cuddled my head into his chest.

“I miss this,” he said.

“Miss what?”

“Us just being alone together, hanging out. We never get to have any alone time anymore.” With that he leaned down and kissed me. It was nice and soft and had no hint of urgency in it whatsoever. I kissed him back. Knowing we should hurry because Jack would be here soon, Alex deepened the kiss. I sat up and got on top of Alex, straddling his waist. Things were just about to get good when we heard a knock at the door. “Fuck,” Alex said, setting me on the couch and opening the door. Jack was standing there with about five bags of food in his hands.

“Do you need help,” I asked as Jack walked into the kitchen dropping all of his bags. He looked at me. “I got this,” and smiled. I smiled back but when he went into the kitchen I sighed. “See what I mean?” Alex asked giving me a kiss on the forehead. “Yeah, but it’s fine. It’s Jack.” He nodded.

“Yeah but next time it will be Rian or Zack and then Jack again and then Rian and the Jack and then Zack and…” I stopped him.

“I think I get it, Alex.” I laughed at him when he made that cute pouty face he always makes. “Do you guys love me?” Jack asked, walking through the door carrying a box of cheese pizza, a bag of chips and three cans of soda. “Of course,” I said while Alex at the same time said, “No.” Jack frowned. “No food for you then Gaskarth.” Alex lunged for the bag of chips as Jack passed. Jack moved his arms just in time. “I said no,” He said as he sat down next to me on the opposite side of Alex. He reached over me to get the chips out of Jack’s hand and Jack moved his arms again. “Just give him the chips, Jack. He’s squishing me.” He opened the bag and started eating some. I grabbed them from his hand and threw them at Alex. “Thanks baby.”
Jack shook his head.

“Wow. Now I see who is more important around here.” He pouted and it was just as cute as Alex’s maybe even cuter so I gave him a kiss on the cheek. “I love ya, Jacky.” He smiled and kissed me back. “Love you too, Meg. Now start the damn movie before I take the TV into another room. I pressed play on the remote controller and the movie started. Before I knew it I was asleep.

~The next morning~

I woke up, head in Alex’s lap, who was of course still sleeping. He could sleep all day and when he got up he’d still be tired. Jack however was already up, sitting down on the floor listening to his IPod. His back was to me so when I called his name he didn’t see or hear me. I threw a pillow at the back of his head. He jumped and turned around, pulling the earphones out of his ears. “Geez, you scared the hell out of me, kid. Why are you up? It’s like seven o’ clock.” Wow, was it early.

“Why are you up?” I asked him back.

“I couldn’t sleep anymore. I was having nightmares.”

I got up and went to sit down next to him. “Sorry Jacky. I’ve been having nightmares, too. About my mom.” He nodded. “Those are at least good reasons. Mine are weird as hell and I don’t know what caused them but I just keep on having them. I’m thinking they’ll go away soon.” He looked really disturbed though still. “I’ll be right back,” I said and walked into my bedroom. Now where was it? I know Alex grabbed it. I checked every drawer and I checked under the bed. I finally found it in a shoe in the closet. “Got it,” I said and threw the dream catcher at him. “No more bad dreams.”

“Yay, no more bad dreams. I’ve never had one of these before. Do they actually work?” I shrugged. “For some people they do, for some people they don’t. It hasn’t really been working out all the well for me so I think you should give it a try. My dad bought it for me the first day I was born.” He smiled. “Are you sure you don’t want it then.” I shook my head. “No you need it more than I do.” He stood up and wrapped me in his arms. “Thanks, kiddo.” I heard Alex move on the couch.

“What? Huh? What time is it?” He asked sitting up. “Like 7:10 bro,” Jack said. “Holy shit. I think I should go back to bed.” I walked over to him. “No, stay up. I’ll go make breakfast for all of us.” He yawned and smiled at me. “Thank you beautiful.” I walked into the kitchen and pulled out the pancake mix. “Let me help.” Jack walked into the kitchen and started grabbing forks and bowls and the syrup. “Thanks Jack.”

“No problem. You’re pretty lucky though. Pancakes are the only things I know how to make. Ooooh. Let’s put chocolate chips in them, yes?” I nodded. “Get them out.” He smiled and ran like a little kid toward the pantry. “Let’s do this.” He said, slamming the bag on the counter. I think we ended up making the best pancakes ever. “Damn, guys. These are good.” Alex commented.

Like I said, best pancakes ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was a real life experience for me. Just sharing. Leave a comment :)