Status: In progress

My Only One

It's beautiful like you.

~Megan~
I hope they left right away so they wouldn’t run into Alex and Jack on the way there. That was a major back fire to my plan that I didn’t even think of. I stood in front of the door and looked out for a whole ten minutes until my mom’s car pulled up across the street and my sisters ran out and ran toward the hill. Good girls. My mom sat on a bench near the lake.

I walked out and took the long way around her and past the lake. I walked up the hill.

“Angela? Alyssa?” I walked around the tree and saw them sitting on the ground. “Megan!” they yelled and I gave them both hugs. “I missed you two!” I said. “We miss you. Where have you been?” Alyssa asked me. “I’ve been away. I can’t come home anymore okay? You’re just going to have to stay with mommy. Is she hurting you two?” The shook their heads. That makes me feel a little bit better.

I looked at them. “You can’t tell mommy that I was here though alright?” Don’t tell her that I’ve seen you or that I’ve ever called you. She can’t know.” Angela started poking my stomach. “What is it, sweetie?” She pointed to the bottom of the hill. “Mommy’s coming.” I turned around and saw my mom looking right at me and running right for us. I looked at my sisters. “I love you guys. Bye, bye.”

I hugged them quick and ran. I ran down the back of the hill and started running toward the house. I turned around and didn’t see her. When I turned around I ran face first into somebody. I screamed until they put their hand over my mouth and dragged me behind a bush. I struggled to get away until I saw Alex was holding me and Jack was crouched down right next to him.

“What happened? I saw your mom get up and run when I pulled up so I knew something was wrong.” I started to talk again until I heard someone yelling. “Where did she go girls?” My mom yelled. “We don’t know, mommy.” They walked past the bush; my sisters had tears streaming down their faces. Uh-oh. What did I do? I tried to talk again once they were past but Alex put his finger to my lips. “Sh.” I shut my mouth and waited.

We waited and waited for ten minutes until Jack got up to make sure they were gone. He came back a couple minutes later. “We’re clear. Let’s go.” We got up and walked back to Rian’s house, shutting the door and locking it behind us.

“What happened?” Jack asked me and Alex was giving me a questioning look too. I explained to them everything that happened and how I wanted to see my sister and make sure that Alex and Jack were 100% safe when they went to my house to get my stuff. “How are they?” Alex asked. “Your sisters.” I told him that my mom wasn’t hurting them and that they were fine.

“That’s good. I got all of your stuff for you. Everything under your bed too. Me and Jack could carry three bags each so I think we got everything. I found a picture that was taped to the back of your closet behind the dresser so I grabbed it.” He hand me the photo.

It had an older woman and a younger man. The man was holding a baby. That baby was me and the man holding me was my daddy. I didn’t know him and this was the only thing I have left that could remind me of him besides the dream catcher. This was the only time that I ever saw him besides when I was a baby. The woman standing next to him was my grandmother. I heard that she passed away a couple of years ago. My mom wouldn’t take us to the funeral so I never really go to see her either. My sisters are the only things now that are worth remembering. I have more pictures of them than I could possibly count. We spent the rest of the day going through my stuff, just me and Alex. Jack had to go to his moms work so she could read the contracts.

He came back a couple hours later. “My mom has the papers. She wants to look at them a little more. She says congratulations to all of us. She seemed really proud of us.” I nodded. “I bet she’s very proud, Jack. Especially of you.”

“Yeah. I hope so. How’s the reminiscing going?” He asked us.

“It’s going great. I haven’t even looked at half of this stuff in forever. It’s crazy actually looking at it all. I don’t know half the people in some of these pictures either. They are probably really, really old friends. Like five to ten years old. Maybe even a little more. It’s so strange.”

Alex, who was sitting behind me, scooted behind me and wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head. “The only thing you need to remember now is us. You think you can do that?” I nodded. “How could I forget?” He laughed and so did Jack. When Jack left Alex looked at me. “I have a song that I started writing. It’s for Tom. I have the first part down. I wanted to sing it to you and I want you to tell me if you like it. I might want to put it on the first album.” I smiled. “Let me hear it.” He started to sing.

“ Make it a sweet, sweet goodbye -
it could be for the last time and it's not right.
"Don't let yourself get in over your head," he said.
Alone and far from home we'll find you...

Dead - Like a candle you burned out;
spill the wax over the spaces left in place of angry words.
Scream - To be heard, like you needed any more attention;
throw the bottle, break the door, and disappear.

Sing me to sleep, I'll see you in my dreams,
waiting to say, "I miss you. I'm so sorry."”

I turned around and gave him a hug. “Alex,” I said and kissed him, “that was beautiful and I can’t wait to hear the rest and they will definitely want to put that on the album. Trust me. That was amazing. And it was from here,” I said pointing at his heart, “and that’s what makes it all the more beautiful.”

“It’s beautiful,” he said. “Like you.” I smiled and he kissed me. It was soft and nice and I wanted to stay like this forever but why? We were alone now and the door was locked. He kissed me with more passion and more urgency and I straddled him and started to take his shirt off. We stood up and moved to the bed. Soon all of our clothes were off and we were doing the unthinkable. In Rian’s guest room while Rian, Zack and Jack were just down the hall but we didn’t care.

“I love you, Megan.” He said.

“I love you too, Alex.”

And we fell asleep in each other’s arms and I swear, I could have laid like that forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
aww.