Status: In progress

My Only One

All five of us can be adorable together.

~Alex~
“Yeah, so my mom said that the contract looked fine and that we’re allowed to sign it now,” Jack said as he handed me over the papers. I nodded. Alright then, let’s do this. I took a pen and signed the paper, making my hand writing as nice as possible. I passed it to Jack who signed it and he passed it to Rian who passed it to Zack. “Richard said that we had to call him by tomorrow. Would you like to just call him today or..?” Rian asked me.

“I’ll give him a call now, unless one of you wants to call him instead.” No one jumped up and ran to grab a phone so I pulled out mine and dialed the number. He picked up on the second ring.

“Hello, Richard Locke speaking.” Boy, did he sound more professional than he looked.

“Hi Richard. It’s Alex Gaskarth.”

“Oh, Alex. Hi! Did you get the papers signed?”

“Yes, all four of us just signed it.”

“That’s great.” He paused for a moment and continued to speak again. “Can we schedule a meeting for tomorrow?” I looked at Rian and mouthed the word ‘tomorrow’ at him. He nodded at me. “Yeah, that’s fine.”

“Great, see you then, at around one o’ clock.” With that he hung up the phone. “So we have a meeting at one tomorrow.” I told the guys. “Great,” Jack said, “I hope we find out what band we will possibly be touring with after school.” I nodded. I don’t have any idea what tour would be like. Only from what I’ve heard other musicians talk say about it. It sounded like it would be a lot of fun though, especially if you’re touring with a good band.

This was really exciting and suspenseful at the same time. I haven’t even talked to my parents about it yet. I don’t even think they know we had a meeting with Richard yet. I better call them later. Or maybe I’ll stop by the house. Yeah, I think I’ll go home for a bit. I haven’t really been anywhere besides Rian’s since Megan was here. I wouldn’t leave her here. I know she wouldn’t be alone but I think I would feel more alone than she would if I were to go home for a little bit. I spend every minute, every hour, every day with her. And that still wouldn’t be enough time. Speaking of Megan, where was she? I just realized she wasn’t in the room with us and I haven’t seen her since we woke up. We at breakfast and I went to take a shower after and when I got back out she was kind of missing. It took me this long to realize I haven’t seen my girlfriend for like four hours. I’m an awful boyfriend.

“Where’s Megan at?” I asked the guys. They all looked at each other, thinking one of them knew. They all shook their heads and Jack looked back at me. “No idea,” he said. Hm. I’ll call her. I opened my phone and dialed her number in and it rang about eight times before she answered.

“Hey Alex.” She said.

“Where are you?”
“I went out for a bit with Kara.”

“Oh, thanks for telling me. You scared the hell out of me.”

“Sorry, baby.”

“Yeah. You coming home soon?”

“I don’t know. We’re only half way through the mall so maybe in like an hour. Ok?”

“Ok, baby. Love you.”

“Love you too. Bye, bye.”

I went to my room and sat down on the bed, taking out my song book. I wanted to finish this song soon, hopefully before we started recording the album. It was a good song so far and it meant a lot to me but I wasn’t really sure I knew what to name it. So far we had recorded six songs and I think this would be the last one. I just needed to finish it.

I sat there for an hour trying to think of things that I wanted to say. I wrote down what I wish I could tell him, exactly what I was feeling. It suddenly came to me. I wrote exactly how I felt. This is how Tom left me; alone and broken. I wanted him to know that.
“Forever's never seemed so long as when you're not around
it's like a piece of me is missing.
I could have learned so much from you but what's left now?
Don't you realize you shot this family a world of pain?
Can't you see there should have been a happy ending we let go?”

I think that was enough writing for one day. If I tried any longer, I’d probably go kind of crazy. I waited and waited for Megan to come home and two hours had passed of me sitting on the couch, staring at the door, waiting for her. I was bored. I had nothing to do. I was anxious and nervous and after that songwriting and thinking about Tom I wasn’t in a particularly happy mood. She walked in the door.

“Geez, where have you been? I’ve been waiting for you,” I said wiggling my eyebrows. She
shook her head. “Shopping.” I looked at her empty hands. “For invisible cloths?” I asked her. She laughed. No, no silly. Just some stuff that I left at Kara’s house. None of your business, really.” I glared at her. “Fine then. Keep secrets from me. You’re going to make me cry, you know.” She laughed again. “I know, you big baby.”

She walked over and sat down on the couch next to me and cuddled into my chest. I loved when she did that. I started playing with her hair and said, “We signed the contract today and talked to Richard.” She smiled and held my free hand. “That’s great. When you guys go on tour, I so call top bunk.”

“We’ll share top bunk. We have a meeting tomorrow so maybe we’ll find out who we’re supposed to go on tour with.” She squeezed my hand tighter. “Ooooh. I’m so excited for you guys, it’s insane.” I squeezed her hand back. “Thanks baby. You couldn’t possibly be more excited than I am right now.” She sat up, cross legged, and looked at me. “You seem more nervous than you do excited. Tell me what’s bothering you and don’t say nothing.”

“I don’t know what to expect. I’ve never been away from home or sang in front of huge crowds or had a manager, even if half of my manager is my amazing girlfriend, I’m still nervous.” She kissed me. “It’ll be fine. Don’t worry so much and enjoy this. Trust me when I say that you’ll be fine.” I don’t think I looked very reassured because then she added, “and when you aren’t I’ll be here to help you every minute, every hour, every day.”

“You promise?” I asked her even though I knew what she was saying was true. “Do I even have to promise?” She answered me back with another question; a good question. “No, no you don’t.” She was about to say something when Jack, Zack and Rian walked into the room with five cans of soda, popcorn and chips. “Movie time, my friends.” Rian said.

“It’s always movie time, Ri.” Megan said to him. “Exactly,” Jack said as he plopped in Home Alone and squeezed awkwardly in between me and Megan, putting one arm over each of our shoulders. “You two are adorable.” He commented. “Yeah,” Zack said, “It’s crazy.” Megan shook her head. “Sometimes you should let us be adorable alone,” She replied back.

“What’s the fun in that now when all five of us can be adorable together?” Rian asked.

He was right. We were adorable.
♠ ♠ ♠
leave a comment!