Status: In progress

My Only One

It’s Alex right?

~Alex~
Megan grabbed my hand as we walked out of the bus to meet Mayday Parade and Paramore. The other band, Set it off, would be here shortly. There were two other buses parked in the parking lot, which was surrounded by a big metal fence. People like Mayday and Paramore can’t just go putting their buses anywhere. With their luck, kids would probably sneak into them and hide in their bunks. I don’t think All Time Low has to worry about that a quite yet.

We walked to the middle of the parking lot and waited for the other bands to come out of their buses. The door to the bus that was parked directly behind us opened and A guy with longer dark brown hair walked out of the bus. It was the singer of Mayday Parade, Derek. He walked towards us and waved a giant smile on his face. “Hi,” he started, “I’m Derek. I sing in Mayday Parade. I’m guessing you guys are All Time Low?” I nodded. “That would be us, yes. I’m Alex. I sing. This is Jack, Rian, Zack, Megan and Matt.”

He smiled at them and said hello and turned back to me. “So, I know this is your first tour and stuff so if you guys have any questions feel free to ask.”

“Thanks, we will probably have tons of questions,” I replied to him, smiling.

“Do you guys have your set list all ready? You really want to get that done early.”

“Yeah, we have seven songs picked out which will leave us with about five minutes of extra stage time to talk to the crowd and stuff.”

“Yeah, that’s good. That’s exactly what you want to do. Hold on a second. Let me get the rest of the band. I have no idea what they’re still doing inside.”

He walked back to his bus and he peaked his head inside the already open door. You could hear him yelling something into the bus but no one that was standing over here could tell what it was. “He’s really nice,” Megan turned to me and said. “Yeah, he is. I’m just really excited to meet Paramore.” Derek turned around and started to walk back to us and a bunch of guys followed him out of bus, looking really tired.

They walked over and introduced themselves and they were all really nice guys. They were super funny, too. I liked them a lot. I’m so glad we got put with a band that’s willing to help us out because I have no clue what I’m doing here. I’m just going to go with it and have my questions answered as we go along. I wasn’t really listening to what everyone was saying because I wasn’t very interested at this point.

Jack was making some dick joke that I’d probably already heard one million times so I turned my attention to the bus that I assumed to be Paramore’s bus. I was so nervous to meet them. They were such a big band and I never even dreamed that I would meet them. I know they were just people but c’mon, they were Paramore. All of a sudden, the door to the bus opened and a bunch of guys walked out and walked over to us.

“Hey, man,” Derek said, hugging one of the guys that walked over. “Good to see you again.” The other guy nodded and all the dudes from Paramore walked around the group and introduced themselves and we talked for a little bit. They were really nice guys. It wasn’t actually as awkward as I pictured it was going to be. I could see myself being good friends with some of these guys. Megan had let go of my hand at some point during all the talking and walked over to Derek. The two were talking while one of the guys from Paramore, Jack and I were talking. I didn’t really mind.

“Hey, where is Hayley?” Derek asked, looking over at our little group.

“She’ll be out in a minute. She had to finish fixing her hair or something. Some girl shit.” He looked at Megan. “No offense.”

“None taken,” she replied back, smiling and then turned her attention to Derek again. I walked over and grabbed her hand and joined in on their conversation. All of a sudden the door to the Paramore bus opened and Hayley freaking Williams walked out of the bus and smiled over in our direction. “Hayley!” Derek yelled and ran over to her and gave her a hug. She hugged him back and continued walking over and she stopped over by me and Alex. “Hi, I’m Haley.”

“This,” Derek said pointing at us, “is Alex and this is Megan. All Time Low. Megan is their co-manager though.”

Hayley looked at Megan and smiled. “I’m so glad there is another girl on this tour. I’m usually stuck being the only one and it really sucks.” Megan smiled.

“I could only imagine.” I turned to Megan and smiled. She continued. “I’ve lived with these guys for a really long time now and I am the only girl that is ever in there. It’s insane.”

“But you love it,” I said and kissed her forehead.

“Yeah, it’s not bad but it gets a little old,” Hayley said, looking at me. I smiled at her and shrugged. “Well, I’m going to go meet and talk to everyone else. It was nice meeting you guys. Megan we should definitely go do something sometime and get away from all these guys.”

“For sure,” Megan replied.

Hayley walked away and went to go talk to everyone else that was in the parking lot. I just met and talked to Hayley Williams and it wasn’t even weird at all. Maybe someday people would be nervous to meet me because I’ll just be that famous. That would be the life. “Wow, she was really nice,” Megan said giving me a kiss on the lips. I kissed her back and I wrapped my hands around her waist. We hadn’t really had a lot of time to ourselves lately. Well, actually no time at all.
It’s like she knew what I was thinking because she pulled back and rested her head on my shoulder and said, “We need to get out of here and be alone for a bit.” I looked down at her and smiled. “How about tomorrow we spend the whole day together before and after the show?” She nodded and gave me a quick kiss. “Sounds good,” she said and then turned around and walked toward Jack and Rian who were talking to some guy from Paramore. She joined the group and started talking. She was so cute.

“Hi, it’s Alex right? Sorry, I’m terrible with names.” Hayley Williams walked up to me and started talking to me. Holy shit. “Yeah, that would be me.” She smiled. “I listened to some of the stuff that you sent in to Hopeless. It’s really good. I can’t wait to hear it live.” This was the most amazing thing I have ever heard in my life. “Thank you so much. That means a lot, actually. Your stuff, obviously, is absolutely amazing too. I’ve been listening to it for a really long time. Some good stuff.”

“Thanks. So this is your first tour isn’t it?”

“Yeah, it’s going to be a little weird getting used to it and figuring everything out.”

“I bet Mayday already said this but if you and your band ever need anything just let us know. We’ll show you guys how this works. It’s not very complicated. Have you guys ever played a show before?”

“A couple but they only had like eighty to one hundred people at them. Not much.”

“Well, I bet you guys will do amazing anyway.”

“Hope so.”

Jack walked up. “Alex, we’re all going to head back to the bus if you want to come with us. We’re going to go to the gas station that’s just down the block. Mayday is coming with us.” I nodded at him. “Alright, yeah. I’m coming.” I turned to Hayley. “Well, I’m going to go. It was really nice to meet you.” She smiled and nodded. “You too! Tell Megan that we’re going to hang out soon. I need a girl to talk to.” I smiled and walked away toward the bus.

I just had a conversation with Hayley Williams. Wow.
♠ ♠ ♠
b l e h