Status: In progress

My Only One

Be there or be square.

~Megan~
I wasn’t just saying Alex played a good show to make him feel better. He really did; they all did. I honestly had tears coming out of my eyes when Alex sang Lullabies. We talked about it the morning after the show and it made him cry and I felt awful. I still can’t get over how amazing it was. It was now show seven today and All Time Low was going strong.

They have done amazing every single day and all they usually almost run out of CD’s by the end of every show. I’m so happy for them. They really are amazing. They even have started to give people autographs and take pictures. It’s really exciting. I was especially excited for tonight’s show because they were playing Coffeeshop sound track acoustic and Lullabies with all the instruments for the first time.

Something good that came out of this tour was the friends that I’m making. I’ve been talking to Derek from Mayday and Hayley from Paramore a lot. They are such cool people. I’m really glad that I got to go on the tour with them because I’ve made a lot of good friends and I’m getting to see my best friends do something they love to do.

“Hey, Megan,” Hayley walked into the bus and sat down next to me on the couch. I smiled at her and she continued to speak. “I thought tonight after the show because we don’t have to hit the road until tomorrow that you and I and whoever else you want to bring can go out to eat at the restaurant that’s down the street.”

“That would be great. I’m so sick of macaroni. I don’t think I could ever look at it again.”

“Tell me about it.”

“So it’s a date then.”

“Yes, yes it is. If you want, you can bring Alex.” I shook my head. “No, no. It’s okay. I’m with him 24/7 anyway. I need to get away from all the guys.” She laughed. “I hear you. So, my manager said something about you guys not staying for the whole tour?”

“Oh, no, no. We weren’t supposed to in the beginning but we decided that we were going to.
They boys really like it. I really like it too. It’s so much fun and I love watching them do something they love.”

“Can I just say that you and Alex are so adorable together? Have you seen the way he looks at you? It’s so cute I want to just die every time I see you together.”

“Thank you. I guess we aren’t bad.”

“Not bad? I’ve never seen two people more happy than you two.”

“Aw, thanks.”

“So, I’ll see you at the show. I’ll change once the show is over and then we can go.”

“Alright. See you then.”

Hayley walked out of the bus as Alex walked into the living room from the back room. “Who was that?” He asked me. “Hayley just came by and asked if I wanted to go to dinner after the show.” He nodded and sat down next to me. “That’s fun.” He gave me a kiss then grabbed the remote and turned on Friends. “I love this show,” he said leaning his head on my shoulders.

“I love you,” I said to him.

“I love you too. I’m so excited for the show tonight.”

“Me too. I can’t wait to hear it. I bet it will sound amazing though, so don’t stress yourself out.”

“I think I’m past that point. The whole performing thing is getting a lot easier now. I not even that nervous to go on anymore.”

I leaned in and kissed his lips softly. “That’s good,” I said after I pulled away. He turned to face me and wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me again. We hadn’t really been around each other alone in a couple of days so once we pulled apart and I just laid in his arms, I felt like I was at home. I kind of missed being home. There wasn’t anyone I missed really because the only people I talked to were with me now.

I had a couple of friends that I really missed. I wish Kara could have been here. She was doing something really important for school this summer so she couldn’t make it. Rian wouldn’t be able to see her until September when she comes back for college. I feel bad for him. I couldn’t imagine not being able to see Alex for that long. We talked about it yesterday and he says that he’ll just wait it out and that he wasn’t going to let a couple of months ruin their relationship. I thought it was cute.

I looked to my right to see what Alex was doing because he hadn’t said anything for a while and he was asleep. I knew this whole thing has been tiring him out. I quickly stood up and I quietly left the bus so he could get some quiet time. He needed to sleep. He was probably only running on four hours of sleep a day. You could tell there has been something a little off about him lately and I think this is exactly what he needed.

I sat outside the bus with my IPod for another hour until Jack walked over to me and sat down. “Hi, Jacky,” I said taking an ear bud out of my right ear. “Megan! Hello there. How are you?” I smiled at him. “I’m just fine. How are you?”

“I’m great. Could you possibly tell me where Alex is?”

“Why?”

“We need to start getting ready for the show.” I looked at my phone. Wow, it was really late. Where did the time go? “How about,” I started, “I go get him and I’ll bring him to the stage?” Jack nodded and stood up. “Be there or be square Lizak.” I smiled and stood up as Jack walked away toward the venue. I walked into the bus to see Alex still sleeping on the couch.

“Alex, wake up.” He didn’t move. Great this would be close to impossible. “Baby, please wake up.” He only turned over onto his side. Great, I thought as I flipped him back over on his back. “Alex, you have to get up.” He groaned a little bit and stayed lying down, not moving. I started kissing his neck, making my way up to his jaw and then when my lips touched his he wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed me back.

“Good morning,” I said to him as he set up. “What time is it?” He asked. “It’s time for sound check. Go get dressed because you have to go.” He stood up, walked into the back and came back out with new clothes on, looking more awake and a little happier. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the bus and toward the venue.