Status: In progress

My Only One

Have fun the rest of the tour, will you?

~Megan~
I couldn’t begin to describe what was going through my head right now. I just wanted to curl up and die. For the next couple of days Alex and everyone else tried to make me feel better. It helped a little bit but not enough. I didn’t go to any of their shows and I didn’t work the merch booth either. I sat inside the bus for a whole three days before I was practically forced out.

“Megan, get up,” someone said, opening the curtain. It was Jack. “It’s one o clock and this is insane. Get up right now. You and I are going out. We’re in New York and I’m not letting you sit inside the whole time. We have today and tomorrow off. Everyone already left. Get up.” I groaned and got out of bed. “Did Alex leave too?” I said walking towards the bathroom. Jack nodded. “He wanted to stay but I told him to go and that I’d wait for you to wake up. I had to practically throw him off the bus and lock the door.” I laughed. He gave me a real big smiled and hugged me. “I haven’t heard you laugh for a couple of days.”

“Sorry, Jack-a-roo.”

“Are you feeling any better?”

“Of course I am. But I’m still in shock.”

“You have got to get it off your mind. We’re going to go out and have fun today and tomorrow. Then you’re going to come to our show. Our last show is next Friday. So nine days not including today. Have fun the rest of the tour, will you?” I nodded and gave him a hug. “Our last show is in Baltimore.”

“Is it now?”

He smiled and nodded.

“That calls for a celebration then, doesn’t it? Party at Rian’s?”

He smiled and nodded again. I walked into the bathroom and got dressed in a GK tank top and a pair of white shorts. I quickly put a little bit of makeup on and walked out. Jack smiled and held out his arm for me. I took it and we walked out and started to walk out of the parking lot. Outside of the lot were a bunch or streets and building. “Are we going to get a hotel?” I asked Jack. He shrugged. “We talked about it but we aren’t sure we can afford one. The only way we could get some if all the bands pitched in money and Mayday wants to stay in their bus.” I nodded.

Jack took me everywhere. We went to the statue of liberty and we went to this giant toy store and a bunch of other stores. It was about seven o clock when we got back. We walked in the door and everyone looked up at us. Alex walked over and hugged me. “How was your day, beautiful?” I smiled and kissed him. “Fine. Jack and I went everywhere. It was a lot of fun.” Alex gave Jack a grateful look and Jack nodded in return. “I’m glad you had fun. Me and you are going out tomorrow, got it?” I nodded and kissed him again and then walked to the back so I could get new clothes to change into. Alex followed me back.

“Are you feeling a little bit better?”

“Yeah, I’m feeling a lot better.”

“That’s good, baby. I was really worried about you.”

“You don’t need to be anymore. I’m alright now.”

He smiled and gently kissed me. I smiled into the kiss and then pulled back. “Thanks for being here for me. Not just these past couple of days either. Since I’ve met you, all you do is help me and make me feel better. And I love you for that. I love you so much.” He gave me another quick kiss. “I love you too beautiful.” Everything that I said was true. He was always there for me. I could count on him for anything. Jack, too. They were the best people that I have ever met. I am so grateful I met those two. Rian and Zack were amazing friends as well, don’t get me wrong.

So the rest of the day was pretty normal. All four bands smushed inside the bus and watched Home Alone. Nothing new there. It was one of the most uncomfortable two hours of my life but it was still a fun time. Jack really got me out of the slump that I was in. Thank God. Now I can finish off the tour strong and most importantly, happy.

*Fast forward*

The days went by and even though I was happy, I was still really nervous about my sisters. Alex told me over and over again that someone would find them. I hoped they were right. Our last show was in three days and still no word from the police or anyone from back home. Why didn’t anyone call? I think that’s the least I deserved. I stood on the side of the stage for All Time Low’s show today because I have been missing a lot of them lately.

During their second to last song, Coffeeshop soundtrack, my phone started to ring. It was a number that I didn’t recognized. I answered and held the phone to my ear, trying to hear what the other person was saying.

“Hello?” I said into the phone loudly.

“Hello, Megan? This is Mrs. Gaskarth.”

“Oh, hi Mrs. Gaskarth.”

“Is that my boy playing in the background?”

“It sure is. We’ll be there to play in three days. Can I help you with something?”

“Yes, actually. I have some amazing news for you.”

“What is it?”

“The police found your little sister’s. They’re both alright.”

I felt the tears run down my cheeks.

“Really? They’re both okay?”

“Yes, yes. They weren’t hurt. They have the man who took them in the jail. When you get back
they need you to look at him and see if you know who he is.”

“Oh my God, thank you so much. I can’t believe they are alright.”

“Would you like me to run down to the station and see if you can talk to them?”

“That would be fantastic.”

“Alright, I’ll call you back in twenty minutes.”

She hung up and I looked at the phone. I couldn’t believe they were alright. Thank you God. Thank you. I started to cry out of pure happiness. Coffeeshop ended and I saw Jack look over at me while I still was crying a little and I definitely had tears on my face. He poked Alex who looked over at me. “I’ll be back in two seconds guys,” he said running over to me.

“Are you okay?” I nodded and hugged him which made him take a few steps back so we were in view of the audience. “They found them. They found my sister’s. They’re alright.” He looked at me. “That’s so amazing!” He said. I looked up at him and he kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. The crowd ‘awed’ which made us pull back laughing. “Go finish your show, babe.” I said. He did and it was a damn good finish.

Perfect end to the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot. I feel like that was a little fast but IDK. it was a bunch of days in one chapter. Whateverr, leave a comment please. Love you all. :)
-Megan