Sequel: Realtivity.
Status: More Done than I am with Joshua Franceschi.

The Flood

Those In Glass Houses.

*Alan’s P.O.V*

As I ran off stage I was exhilarated, exhausted, and a little bit worried. *You’re just worried about Nyx. And there is no little bit to it, you’re worried about her because you didn’t say good bye to her before she left.* I didn’t want to wake her up when the bus got there, she was asleep and she hasn’t slept in days. She’s nervous about how’s she’s going to deal with me being gone again, hell I am too. I hope she’s ok. *I know that’s why you need to call her or Anna soon. Check on them.* Yes Rupert.

Oh, Rupert’s my mind voice. He’s cool most of the time, but he can get annoying. *Hey! I’m not annoying!* Shove off Rupert. *But you said I’m annoying. I clearly am a wonderful mind voice to have.* You make me look crazy. *Ah but you were already crazy.* He only shows up when Nyx isn’t around. *Because when she’s around you actually are slightly sane, so I’m not needed. I go visit past people I’ve been a mind voice for. Check on them.* You have other people you annoy this shit out of? Why don’t you just go to them to whole time? *Don’t push me; I might just stick around when you’re with her. It might be a nice change. Other people can wait. You’re my favorite.* I hate you.

I walked through the back to the tour manager, so I could get my phone back before I called Nyx I’m gonna call Anna to see if she’s awake yet. I dialed her number, Austin looked at me.

“What are you doing bro?”

As I put the phone up to my ear I replied “Calling Anna to see if Nyx is awake.”

“Okay.”

“Hello?” I heard from the other end of my phone.

“Hey. Is Nyx awake yet?”

“No, she isn’t I just walked back into my room after I checked on her when you called.”

“OK, just let me know when she wakes up?”

“I will. I know you’re worried just go to sleep soon, I know you just finished playing.”

“Alright, I’ll call in the morning. Bye.”

“Bye.” Click.

“She isn’t awake yet is she?” Austin asked.

“Nah, not yet, Anna’s gonna call me when she is though.”

“That’s good, let’s just go to the bus and go to sleep. I’ll make sure she’s ok in the morning.”

We walked out to the bus; I just went straight to my bunk and passed out.

--
*Third person P.O.V*
“Hello?” Harry called out through the Winterburn house hold. “Nyx are you home? Kingsley sent me with some paper work” He came all the way through the door, George and Teddy followed him closely.

“Nyx! Get your ass down here!” George shouted.

“Something’s wrong. Very wrong. Follow me I know where her room’s at.” Teddy said as he started to move towards Nyx’s room. They moved through the house quietly, there was only one car outside, it was Anna’s and she wasn’t awake yet. But she was awakened by the sound of three men walking past her door. She poked her head out. “What’s going on guys?”

“Nyx’s not answering us. I’m worried.” Teddy told her as he moved past her. She quickly followed them as they got to Nyx’s door. They walked in. What they saw they never thought would happen, at least not again.
--

*Alan*

I vaguely heard my phone ringing loud enough to wake me up, I looked at it. It was Nyx.

“Hello?” I asked sleepily.

“Dude! It’s Teddy, something happened last night. She’s in bad shape, there’s blood on her sheets, and she’s passed out. Something bad happened last night. We’re taking her to St. Mungo’s now, and you need to be there and soon.” He hung up. FUCK!!!! What the hell happened last night? I got out of my bunk and got dressed quickly. I opened Austin’s bunk curtain.

“Dude!!! Wake the fuck up!!! We need to go now!!!!!!”

“What?”

“Something’s happened with Nyx! We need to fucking go now!” Austin didn’t seem to grasp the concept of needing to go NOW.

“GODDAMNIT AUSTIN GET UP NYX IS GOING TO THE FUCKING HOSPITAL AND I NEED TO FUCKING BE THERE GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!” He got up then

“What the fuck happened to her?” He asked as he threw on clothes. “Where is she going?”

“She’s going to St. Mungo’s. We need to get there like now! You can apparate right?”

“Yeah.” He took my hand and then a second later we were there. I called Anna

“What the fuck is going on and where are you guys?!?!?!”

“I don’t know what’s going on! And we’re almost there; we can’t apparate because she’s still losing blood. We’ll be there in two minutes!” She hung up.

“What’s going on?” Austin asked.

“I don’t know. I don’t know I don’t fucking know. But they’re going to be here in two minutes.”

“Fuck!!” Austin shouted. Soon here they were, walking in to the hospital. Oh god I’ve seen this before. Her in that exact same state. Not again, this can’t have happened again. She’s been doing so good. Then it came back, without my permission

*Fourth Year*

“Anna, she hasn’t been in any classes this week, or at meals I’ve got a bad feeling Anna. We need to go check on her” I poked her in the side.

“Well then go to her!”

“Come with me!!!”

“Fine! But you’re going up to her dorm alone.” She huffed. We got up off the table that the three of us usually shared. And I started running to the fourth year common room. Once in there I blazed up the stairs and went into her room. The first thing that ran through my mind was “Oh god” I ran over to her, a razor was in her hand, I got it and threw it in the trash, picked her up and looked at what she had done. There was this line, barely there, but it was leaking blood like a faucet. It wouldn’t stop. I needed to get her to Trice. So I ran, down the stairs into the common room

“Oh god! What’s wrong with my sister!?” Anna cried.

“I don’t know I’m taking her to Trice.”

--

“Move!!!” I shouted as people were getting in the way of Harry carrying her to an empty bed, people kept getting in the way. We finally got her on a bed and the healers rushed around her. Nyx’s phone was ringing, I answered it.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey Alan. It’s Shay? Where’s Nyx, she told me to call her today. She’s supposed to be coming back today right?”

“Oh Shay. She’s not going to be coming back for a few days. She’s in the hospital.”

“What happened?”

“She relapsed.”

“Fuck.”

“Yeah, we just got her here; I’ll get someone to call you when we know what’s going on.”

“Alright, bye.”

“Alan,” I felt Anna put her arms around me, “There was something in her room that you need to see.” She handed me the note pad. The one the doctor told her to write everything down in, when she was feeling weak. It had everything in it. Her whole life, “Flip to the last page with writing on it.” I did so, and there it was. Her writing. Talking about what happened after she woke up. Her reaction to my note, the other guys note, and the things running through her head. God, I thought she was better, but apparently not. God. Just fuck.

*Calm down.* Oh shut the fuck up Rupert no one asked your opinion. *Well if you don’t calm down how are you supposed to take care of Nyx.* Shove off. I hate it when you’re right.

“Austin! Call the guys; tell them to clean off the extra bunk. We’re taking Nyx on tour with us.” I almost shouted at him, I’m mad. Furious. But not at anyone else here, more so myself. I left her, without saying good bye. I did this. I broke her. I sank against a wall while Austin was on the phone.

“Alan?” Harry asked, his green eyes he’s so famous for filled with concern.

“I did this…” I choked out. I hadn’t noticed I was crying until then, but look at that I am.

“You didn’t do this Alan!” Anna shouted.

“But I did, I left without saying goodbye, I broke her. I did this.” I ran my hand through my hair, I did this to her. I broke my best friend. I am a horrible person.

“Alan,” Harry crouched in front of me “you didn’t do this. You had no part in this.”

I shoved the note pad in his hands “Read the last page and tell me I didn’t do this. It’s all because of me.”

“I know what’s on that page, but that doesn’t mean you did this.” He put the pad back in my hands as I sobbed, yes sobbed. *You’re such a man, sobbing like this.* Not the time Rupert. *I’m being serious. You’re such a fucking man; you’re leaving Austin, Harry, George, Teddy and Anna to deal with something that you should be dealing with this. Man up asshole and make sure you’re best friends safe.* Fuck you. God, when the voice in my head makes more sense than I do something’s wrong. *Not wrong, just makes you weird.* Fuck off Rupert.

I got control of myself, wiped the tears from my face and stood up. Right as I did that one of the healers came out. We all rushed toward him eager for news, I need to know how my best friend is.

“Who is the closest person to Miss. Winterburn?”

“Anna.” I said and everyone else said my name.

“Well, I need the two of you to come with me.” We followed him, I grabbed Anna’s hand, to give her strength and mainly so I wouldn’t fall over. She squeezed it. The healer led us to a room.

“Sit down.” We sat. “First off my name is Healer Wood. Miss. Winterburn is lucky to be alive right now with the amount of blood she lost; the blood replenishing potion is working as fast as we can put it in her system. She’s still unconscious and it seems she will be for another few hours because of the sedation. She has multiple self-harm wounds, mainly on her thighs but the worst are on her wrist as far as depth of the wound is considered. Do either of you know why this is?”

I took a deep breath and pushed the note pad towards him “There is what she wrote, she was seeing a doctor for depression before we came here last month, they told her to write everything down. It’s all in there.” I said. “Is she going to be ok?”

“She will be as long as she’s under our care for the next two days. We want to keep her under observation for a week or two.”

“What if she’s in a safe environment and checks in with you every day, would she be allowed to come with me?” I asked.

“That might be a possibility; it needs to be worked out first.”

“What exactly needs to be worked out Mr. Wood? She would recover best from this with him there with her every day, and his occupation doesn’t allow him to come visit her here every day. She will be surrounded by people who care for her genuinely and would do anything to help her in any way possible. I would rather her be there with them than here where I know she will just harbor over what she did and make no progress to getting better.” Anna hissed.

“I guess her way to communicate with me, as her primary healer I will need to speak with her personally every day for two weeks to check on her progress. I will also have to prescribe her anti-depression potions, and a few other things.”

“What are these other things?”

“These other things are potions to help her along mentally, one’s that will strengthen the endorphins in her brain. And others for her physical healing to help with the scarring.” He said.

“Well, Healer Wood do you have a phone of some sort?” I asked.

“Yes, unlike many magical people I do have a mobile device.”

“What’s the number for it?” I pulled out my phone waiting for him to give me his number. He told me and I put it in my phone. I wrote down Nyx’s, Austin’s, Anna’s and my number. “These are her number, my friend Austin’s number, Anna’s number and my own. She will be able to reach you from one of these numbers at all times.”

“Then it’s settled. After two days she will be released with those conditions.”

“Good.”

“I would think that we should get back, and I have other patients to tend to. You may go see her but she’s asleep right now.” We all got up and left the room. Everyone was waiting for us to come out of the room.

“So?”

“What’s going on?”

“Is she ok?”

“What are they gonna do?”

“Calm down you guys, I’ll explain.” Anna said over everyone. “She’s going to be ok; she’s lost a lot of blood so they’re keeping her here for two days. Then she’s going with Alan and Austin, but she has to check in with Healer Wood every day for two weeks for follow up. We can go in her room now, but she’s still asleep.” Everyone got up at once to go see her.

“Hey! Alan!” Austin said as he walked up beside me. “I filled Tino and Phil in they’re working on her bunk right now.”

“Good, now let’s go see her.”

We all walked into the room at once. When I saw her it was all I could do not to break down again. *But you’re not going to because you need to be strong.* I know Rupert now shut up. *Just making sure, I’ll go away, for now.* Thank you.

I slowly say down beside her bed and took her hand in my own. No one spoke. We all just stayed there. Surrounding her. Soon people started leaving, Harry said he had to go inform Kingsley of what just happened and to go back to work, George said he needed to go and just rushed out no reason, Teddy had to go get Victorie and tell her that Nyx was ok. Anna left the room to make some calls to people who were calling Nyx’s phone. Soon it was just Austin and I.

“Austin, go back to the bus, make sure Tino and Phil have the bunk good. And then will you please decorate it? Make it look like home for her.”

“Someone needs to stay here with you Alan.” He looked at me, he was worried about me. I could hear it in his voice, along with something else, something different.

“Just do it.” I snapped at him. “I need some time alone dude. Sorry about that.”

“I understand, just stay with her. Keep her safe.” There that something else was again. Hmm. *He likes her you daft idiot.* Oh well that makes sense, thanks Rupert. *See I can be helpful when I feel like it.*

“I’ll call you later dude.”

“I’ll be back soon.” He said as he went out the door.

I looked at Nyx. She looked so broken, so worn down.

“Oh Nyx. What happened? Why did you do this? I’m always going to be here for you, I’m sorry I left. I’m sorry I didn’t say goodbye. I’m sorry. I did this to you. I broke you, I’ll never forgive myself. Not any time soon, and I know if you were awake right now you’d hit me for saying it’s my fault, but it is. I left you. I broke you. I hate that. But I promise I’m not leaving you again, not for a long period of time, not anymore. Never again. I promise.” I fell asleep after this.

I was shaken awake by Anna, “Alan you need to go. You have a show tonight. Austin’s on his way back to get you. Don’t argue with me.”

“Nice way to wake me up. Thanks for that. And I need to stay here though.”

“She would kill you if you missed a show because of her.” Anna said. *She’s right you know.*

“I know.”

“Then go, I’ll be with her.” I left the room with one last look at them, soon Austin was back and we headed off to the venue for tonight, Tino and Phil were already there getting ready.

“Just go onstage, perform and then we can go back. As soon as the shows over.” Austin said as we were handing out phones to the manager.

“We’re leaving as soon as we can. Not a moment later.” I said. Then we headed on the stage to perform.

It was a good show, the crowd was great, being on stage gave me time to let go. Like a release. *It’s your therapy so to speak.* Yeah what Rupert said. *Once again I can be helpful too.* And yet you still annoy me a great amount of time. *It amuses me. Being a mind voice can get boring, I take what I can get.* Whatever loser. *Says the one who has several conversations with a mind voice. Yeah I’m the loser.*

As Tino and I walked to go get out phones we were talking about Nyx.

“So is she gonna be ok?” He asked.

“She’ll be ok after a while, but not right away give her time and she’ll be herself again.”

“I’m glad she’s staying with us.”

“Me too.” As I said this Austin ran up to me,

“Dude! We need to go, she woke up!”

“Sorry dude,” I looked at Tino. “But I gotta go she her. I’ll tell her you said hey and stuff.”

“Thanks dude, I’ll let Phil and the guys know where you guys went.”

“And hey remember she’ll be coming back with us day after tomorrow.”

“Alright bye dudes.”

We ran to the back of the venue and apparated to St. Mungo’s.

“Hey, uhm dude.” Austin said right before we got to the entrance.

“Yeah?”

“Can I talk to her alone for a few minutes?” He looked nervous. Joy.

“Yeah sure. You just have to get through Anna first.”

“Fair enough.”

We walked through the glass and went to her room. Harry, George, Teddy, Vic, Aunt Tay, Uncle Alex, and my parents. I gave them all hugs (Nyx’s parent and mine just to clear up confusion)

“Have you talked to her?” I asked Aunt Tay.

“Yeah. Everyone here has, Anna’s in there now.”

“Good,”

“Austin come here.” I waved him over.

“Yeah?”

“These are Nyx’s parents, and you know my parents.”

“I’m Tay and my husband is Alex. Anna and Eliza have mentioned you before.”

“I’m Austin. And I hope they said good things.”

“I assure you they did.”

“That’s nice to hear. But I’m gonna go she her before Alan goes in there and talks to her until she falls asleep.” He waved as he walked off.

“That boy likes our daughter.” Uncle Alex said.

“He has for a while, just hasn’t told anyone, not even me yet.” I shrugged.

“She likes him back though. But she doesn’t know it yet” Anna said as she walked up behind me.

“How do you know?” Teddy asked.

“She’s my sister of course I know.”

After that we lapsed into silence, I was sitting in the floor in front of Mom and beside Anna. Austin had been in there for a while. He should be out soon.

Twenty minutes later he came out. I got up and walked to the door to her room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I own nothing. Title goes to Of Mice & Men. (as normal)

This is your first time entering Alan's mind. The words between the *'s are Rupert his mind voice. I can't figure out how to do italics just yet so this is gonna have to work until I do.

comments are the sex.