Sequel: Realtivity.
Status: More Done than I am with Joshua Franceschi.

The Flood

Contagious Chemistry (part 1)

I was in the front longue looking over the three agendas for the day, compiling them into one list of 8 things. I finished up and looked at the list. 1.) Stalk a person for at least an hour without getting caught. 2.) Do a rain dance. 3.) Get a tattoo. 4.) Make animal noises at random time during the day. 5.) Play the penis game. 6.) Build a fort the size of the bus. 7.)Paint an empty billboard. 8.) Visit Hogwarts. And that was our list, Alan had numbers 1, 4, and 7, Austin had 2, and 5. And I had the rest. Alan or I didn’t know why Austin had only two but oh well. More time for my trip to Hogwarts anyways.

“Best friend! Make Austin hurry up in the shower,” Alan whined from my bunk “I really have to pee and he’s taking forever to shower.”

“Alan dear, I cannot make him hurry up because he did in fact wake up before you did and run to the shower.” I pointed at him. Then Austin had the great timing to waltz out of the bathroom wearing a normal pair of skinny jeans and the slipknot shirt that he wears all the firkin time and skip, yes skip, towards me.

“What cha talking about?” He said was throwing his arms over me as he sat down.

“The fact that she’s a girl and takes quicker showers than you do!” Alan laughed at him as he went into the bathroom with clothes.

“That was mean of him.” Austin pouted.

I patted his head. “It’s Alan; he’s spent too much time around me and is slowly turning back into the kid from Salem.” I laughed at Austin’s face “Don’t worry; I’ll keep him under control.” I pinched his cheeks.

“It’s seriously weird that he actually listens to you. Now would you please let go of my cheeks.”

“I might, you look funny this way.” I laughed and then finally let go of his face “Though I’m starting to wonder when the last time you washed that shirt you’re wearing.” I smirked at him.

“Actually! We washed it last week during our trip to the laundry mat thank you very much!” He replied.

“Oh, I don’t remember much of that other than when SOMEONE” I pointedly looked at him “thought it would be a wonderful idea to try and stick me in a dryer.”

“It was a good idea! You even fit! I still don’t know why you wouldn’t let me turn it on.”

“I do not want to die a horrific death by DRYER then, now, or ever. Thank you very much.” I smiled brightly at Austin as Alan exited the bathroom in skinnies and that horrid cat shirt. I looked at Alan and just glared.

“NOT THE CAT SHIRT!!!!!!!” He screamed and ran from his point to the back lounge closing and locking the door before I could get in.

“HAHAHAHA LOOOOSSSSSEEERRRR!!!!!!”

“Fine then, I won’t call Fransass, I mean Franceschi, to see if he still wants to rent out a billboard and let you paint it.” I said through the door and walked away once I got into the front lounge Alan was at my feet begging.

“Please call Fransassy!!”

“You are not allowed to call him that! It is only me! He said so!”

“When?!?!?!” Austin pouted.

“When you lot, introduced us when you guys forced me out for the planning of Chris’ birthday, which just so you know isn’t until the 26th of next month, and whilst you two were off getting my food, I called him such after he made a particularly sassy remark. We argued about it for ten minutes I won without threatening bodily harm just so you know. He called me cheeky, I called him sassy, and he agreed to let me call him that, but only me! So ha!” I shouted at them before sitting down and throwing my legs over Austin’s lap thinking fondly of that day.

--Flashback—

“Nyx get up!” Alan whined.

“Dude why?” I rolled over and faced him and Austin as they were currently sitting on my bunk blocking my way out. I had only been out of the hospital a week and I didn’t really do much other than merch for the shows and sleep.

“We have someone to meet for secret plans with on our friends from warped.” Austin poked me

“Don’t poke the bear.” Alan muttered to Austin under his breath.

“You only said secret cause now I want to go.” I whined and slowly pulled myself up as not to hit my head on the bunk, and started digging through my clothes complaining that I had nothing resulting in Alan throwing me a pair of jeans and one of his shirts from his bunk above mine. “Alright, Austin if you’re gonna be prudish get out cause I’m changing.” I looked at him

“Not gonna be prudish but whatever.” He sighed. I shrugged and changed, quite expertly in a confined space but whatever, after I was done, I saw Austin blushing madly.

“Prude.” I laughed and pushed him and Alan out of my bunk. “Now let’s go.” I stood over them and thought for a second “Wait where are we going?”

“Uhm.” Alan looked confused as he got up then pulled out his phone and looked at it. “Some place called Nando’s?” He looked really confused at this.

“FUCK. YES. NANDO’S! I HAVEN’T BEEN THERE IN FOREVER NOT SINCE I LAST SAW LAURA AND HOLY FUCK LETS GO THIS PERSON IS MY NEW FAVORITE AS THEY KNOWS THE GLORY THAT IS NANDO’S!” I screamed and pulled them out towards the door and to the closet Nando’s I could find. Once inside and sitting I looked at them. “Well text your mystery person and tell them to hurry.” Alan quickly pulled out his phone laughing at me and called said mystery person.

“Hey dude! Uhm yeah we’re at one, but I doubt it’s the one you told us to meet you at as my best friend is a fucking crazy one and drug us off the bus and into the closest one she found.” Alan said the last part of his sentence staring at me. “Yeah. See you in five.” And he hung up then texted someone; I assumed it was mystery person.

“That was quick. Can I get my food now?” I whined.

“No, you have to wait.” I groaned loudly and pouted while waiting for person to show up. After about forevers worth of waiting, well maybe like five or ten minutes but it felt like forever, someone came in the place.

“Josh!” Austin yelled him over to us. He walked toward us, I recognize him from somewhere. Hmmm oh well. I’ll figure it out later.

“Austin, Alan, what’s up mates?” He said his accent was from, shit I knew it some girl from Hogwarts spoke like him.

“Not much dude, but please sit down before the crazy woman has a heart attack because I won’t let her eat yet.” Josh say down beside Alan who was across from me.

“Now! Food first introductions later as right now I could care less cause I need some fucking chicken.” I said picking up a menu glancing over it and putting it straight back down as I already knew what I wanted.

“Well then.” Josh scoffed rolling his eyes. I rolled my eyes right back at him

“Don’t poke the bear Josh, don’t poke the bear.” Austin told him making Alan laugh.

“Whatever about me being a bear. Get me food.” I rolled my eyes and gave Alan a “control-your-man-lover” look.

“What do you want on gracious one?” Alan said. I told him my normal order.

“Holy hell woman, I’ve tried that before and can’t eat it. Too spicy.” Josh looked at me, mouth agape. While I’m over here humming contently and trying to figure out his accent, still.

“Lightweight.” I rolled my eyes. I’ve been doing that a lot lately.

“Anyways, before either one of you says something that will make the other one either a upset or b off in to a rage, Josh what do you want Austin and I will go order it.” Alan said, knowing me all too well. Josh quickly told him and those two ran away, like bitches.

“You have any clue as to why they ran away?” Josh asked.

“HOLY SHIT YOU’RE FROM WEYBRIDGE!” I screamed, and then slapped my hand over my mouth at my sudden outburst.

“Holy shit you’re from California but have a slight accent from, hmm, Shepperton is it?” Josh rolled his eyes at me “Now back to the question why did they run? Also Josh Franceschi by the way love”

“One. You’re good. Two. They’re bloody terrified of me. Three. Nyx Winterburn”

“I know I’m good.” He smirked. He was quite sassy, if I do say so myself. Rolling his eyes, smirking, making out of the way, yet completely relevant remarks, all around sassy. I enjoy it. Hmm Franceschi. Fransassy. Franceschi. Fransassy. Fransassy. I like it. New name!

“You are quite the person Fransassy.”

“No way in bloody hell are you calling me that, I get enough if it with Fransexy. Which is quite disturbing, but I am quite sexy yeah?”

“Fuck yes I’m calling you that. It fits you! You’re even sassier than Tino is!”

“Nope.”

“Yep.” I popped the p at the end of the word.

“Not at all you mental bird. Get it?”

“I know I’m mental it happens, but still calling you Fransassy. You have gotten a nickname therefore it is stuck. And I will not give up until I win just so you know.” After we went on like this for another five minutes, him telling me no, me not giving up you know the normal me being stubborn, he studied me as if to find some kind of weakness, there was none. Not when it comes to this at least.

“Dammit, fine. I give up! You are something else though. Quite cheeky I might add.” He slumped back into his seat.

“And you’re sassy.”

“Alright so if you’re going to be calling me by this proper dreadful name only you can call me that yeah? Also your new name is Bear.”

“Got it! OH HEY FOOD! FUCK YES!” I shouted the last part jumping out of the booth for Austin and Alan to sit down with our food.

--

“Nyx! Nyx!” I resurfaced from my thoughts to Austin and Alan poking me over and over again.

“WHAT?!?!?!?!” I screamed.

“How many times have the two of you said ‘don’t poke the bear’ to Josh and Max and now look at you, you two are literally poking the bear.” Phil lazily walked into the front lounge as he said this laughing at Austin and Alan’s shocked faces.

“Well then anyways, before I forget. What the hell were you poking me for?” I looked at the two.

“One, will you please call Joshua for us. Two, you spaced out for like five minutes.”

“One, you know he doesn’t like being called Joshua either, and Two I was thinking about Nando’s.”

“Please dear god just call him before Alan has brain aneurism.” Austin whined at me.

“You sound like me. But yes I’m about to call him now. Pray to gods that he’s alone or with one but that fucking wanker.” I rolled my eyes. Oh Dan is ‘that fucking wanker’ then I started thinking about how much of a fucking wanker Dan is. If you’re wondering why Dan and I don’t get along, it’s a dreadful story ending in the two of us in a screaming match, on the first day we met none the less. I got to my bunk to grab my phone, saying fuck it I sat there and called him whilst digging for a jacket as I know it’s going to rain later finding the jacket Josh had given me, and a shirt that Matt had given me and I jacked a pair of Alan’s skinnies then changing while his phone rang. Seriously? He usually answers before I’m even in my jeans all the way. Ok so maybe I have this weird tendency to end up talking to Josh while I’m changing, but whatever I’m about to call his mother If he doesn’t answer soon.

“Hello Bear.” Yes he still calls me bear cause of that stupid comment.

“Joshuma James Alphonse Fransassy! I have a question for you?”

“I really regret telling you my full name if you’re going to butcher it Venus Nyx Winterburn.”

“Oh shove it Fransassy. You shouldn’t get drunk and call me yeah?”

“You shove it Bear! But what is this question? I’m at Max’s with the unspeakable.” They, meaning Max, Chris, Matt, or Josh, always kept trying to find new ways to not say Dan’s name yet for me to know who it is. They always called me Bear when around him as he doesn’t get the joke. Though I know Chris and Matt get it either.

“Well Fransassy,” at this he groaned. “Do you still need the empty billboard out by the warehouse painted? And if you’re gonna groan about your name I’m just going to call you it more ya know?”

“Actually yes I am, but why? And Bear seriously, don’t make me revoke your use of a butchered version of my last name.”

“IS THAT BEAR?!?!?!?!” I heard Max shout

“Oh fuck!” I heard Josh mutter.

“Just give him the phone before he bruises you from attempting to
take it Sassy Pants.”

“Sassy pants?”

“Sassy pants. Now do it Franceschi.”

“BEAR?!?!?!” Max only got away with it as when we first met the first sentence out of Josh’s mouth was don’t poke the bear.

“Yes Hedgehog?”

“I just wanted to say hi. So. Hi! And I’m gonna give Josh the phone back before Dan knows who we’re talking to.”

“Mental, that man is mental. But about that billboard?”

“OH yeah! Alan wants to paint it.”

“Make sure it doesn’t look too horrible and has something to do with DNBO when he’s done yeah?” He sighed.

“Gottcha Joshuma Fransassy.”

“You, Bear, are driving me mental.”

“Still you’re favorite American though.”

“Regrettably at that.”

“Shove it Fransassy.”

“Well, I’ll talk to you later as I’m getting a look from Max cause he wants to talk to you before, as you call him ‘that fucking wanker,’ finds out we’re talking to you.”

“Bear!”

“Hedgehog! What’s up?”

“Nando’s later?”

“Always. But as today is bucket list day, Austin and Alan are coming with.”

“Fine. But next time just us yeah?”

“Of course. You gonna bring the queen of sass?” Just so you know Josh is the Queen of Sass, Max and I deemed him so after a party one day

“Always.”

“Quiet one as well?” I have still yet to think of a good nickname for Chris. Right now he’s still the quiet one.

“Yes him too.”

“Not that fucking wanker?”

“I’ll get rid of him before lunch Bear.”

“Yay. See you then. I have to go do a rain dance.”

“You are one strange bird.” Josh threw in

“I know I am Fransassy. But this one wasn’t me. But alas! Tell the lads, minus that fucking wanker, that I their favorite American says hello and I will see them at Nando’s! And Hedgehog I’ll text you our plan for the day and when to meet us.”

“Bye Bear.” I could practically hear Max and Josh rolling their eyes before they hung up. I got back up grabbed a jacket for both of the men and went to the front lounge were Austin, Alan, and Phil were drinking coffee and I busied myself with texting Max to meet us at the(my) tattoo parlor where I was getting my tattoo done at then we eat Nando’s after.

“Boy’s we have a lunch date. So let’s get started yeah?”

“Fuck yeah!” They jumped up and ran out the door.

“What am I going to do with them Phil what?”

“Deal.” He shrugged.

“Also, I hate you for giving him coffee.” I rolled my eyes at him and left to him shouting, yes you heard me right shouting, that I was still his favorite.

“So what first?”

“Rain dance. Then stalking. My tattoo where we will me up with Max, Josh, Chris and maybe Matt as I did not ask about him. Not that fucking wanker. Nando’s. Josh is gonna show us the billboard, we play the penis game and Alan’s random animal noises one while painting said billboard, then we go to Hogwarts, once we return to the bus we make the fort. Got it?”

“If I wasn’t around you so much and used to you talking fast I would have been completely lost.” Alan sighed.

“Rain dance time! Wait, how do we do a rain dance?” Austin shouted then got really quiet.

“Fuck if I know let’s just dance randomly in a circle for five minutes.” We all shrugged at Alan’s suggestion and then commenced with the rain dance. After about three minutes it started to thunder, and then the rain came soon after.

“HOLY SHIT IT WORKED! IT WORKED I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT WORKED. FUCK!” Austin was laughing and shouting at the same time. He ran over and picked me up, spinning me in circles. Alan was laughing and I’m sure he’s taking a picture. It never fails Austin and I do something Alan considers cute or like a couple he documents it. I don’t know he’s weird. Austin finally set me down and I threw Alan his jacket and handed Austin his before putting mine on.

“Ok, so. Do a rain dance. Check. Time to find a person to stalk until my appointment, so we are off.” And we all went towards the town we were in finally finding a person to stalk.

--

“Hey! Is that Chris?” Austin whispered as we looked toward where he was pointing, and damn if it wasn’t a dude who looked extremely like Christopher Miller.

“I think it is.” I whispered back.

“Him?” Alan asked. Austin and I both looked at him with identical faces. “Okay I get it of course it’s him.” He shrugged as the guy, who we thought was Chris turned around, it was him. He was on the phone assuming to Hedgehog or Fransassy.

“We only have an hour till your appointment anyways. So to the stalking.” We set to following Chris around; we were staying a close distance away trying to disguise ourselves so not one would notice those two with our hoods up. He finally went into the Tesco, and we waited a good minute before walking in and attempting to find him.

“Dude I don’t see him!” Alan almost shouted.

“One, don’t shout. Two, he’s over there.” Austin whispered.

“You sound like her when you talk in lists.”

“They’re very productive thank you.” I whispered as we started meandering towards the direction of Chris, he was heading towards the frozen foods. He went down the first isle, which turned out to be cereal I’m getting g bad at guess where people are gonna go, and Austin went to follow him down it. “Dude! Next isle over, we can creep from a safe distance and take pictures and send them to the other guys. By other guys I mean Tino, Phil, Josh and Max.” We all pulled out our phones and pretended to be busy with them, whilst taking pictures of Chris picking out random cereals. I had to stop myself from laughing at the last one I took, he was bent over and I just found it funny, and sent it to Hedgehog. I got a quick reply that asked if I was making him the stalking victim. Yes he knew what was on the list. I told him of course I was, just not to tell him or I’d kick his cute little hedgehog arse to which he made a comment about me liking his arse and so on. I looked up and noticed Chris was standing at the end of our isle as Alan, Austin and I stood there texting. “Dudes! Next isle! Miller alert at the end of ours, now let’s move.” I grabbed their hands and pulled them towards the cereal aisle that Chris just vacated.

“That was close.” Alan sighed then my phone started ringing. I looked up and saw it was Chris.

“Shit.” I muttered. “Stay here I’m going to piss.” I said and ran the back way towards the bathroom before answering my phone once safely inside a stall in the ladies room.

“Helloo there Mister Miller what do I owe this pleasure?”

“Well, whilst shopping I swear I heard you laugh, even though it was more of a giggle but I’m not going to say that because I like being alive too much to even consider you giggling, then I swear I saw you running away from me dragging Austin and Alan behind you.”

“While I’m glad you think of me while shopping. I have no idea what you’re talking about as I’m hiding from Alan. We’re playing hide and seek in public as part of our day. I must depart now Alan is near.” I hung up before he had the chance to respond and called Austin knowing his phone was on vibrate.

“What?!” He whispered.

“Chris called, he saw us. We must back away for a while. I hung up on him after I told him we were playing hide and seek, so he’s going to be a bit suspicious. No more pictures to Max or Josh yeah?”

“Got it. Where are you?” He paused. “Alan’s kinda freaking out.”

“Tell him to calm his tits and you two wonder around aimlessly but in sight of Chris. Got it? Also text me if he starts heading towards the bathrooms.”

“Alright buy. I’ll text where we are any time he moves.”

“Got it.” I hung up and then called Max.

“Bear what do you need?”

“I need you to call Chris and distract him for like 5 minutes please?” I whispered

“Almost caught you didn’t he? Is that why you’re whispering?” Laughter was apparent in his voice though he was trying not to.

“Shut it Hedgehog. Just do it yeah? We’ll do our just us Nando’s tomorrow if you do.”

“You are too good at guilt.” He said. “Bloody women.” He muttered the last part under his breath.

“Yes and this woman will pay for your Nando’s today and tomorrow if you do this now. Oh and I told Chris that the guys and I are playing hide and seek. Keep it up yeah?”

“Got it. Bye Bear see you at half 12!” and he hung up. Ah the power of free Nando’s. I checked my phone for messages from Austin I had twelve. All saying Chris was standing outside the ladies waiting for someone. But hadn’t seen anyone go in for him to be waiting for. Shit. He knew. Then I got a new one. He’s on the phone now pacing. I replied and told him that it was Max on the phone distracting him, and then that he was buying Max’s Nando’s today. He said that he didn’t want to but he would in fear of the puppy dog face or black mail and that Chris was walking toward the dairy section with a confused look on his face. I texted him after a minute and asked if it was safe. He said yeah. I opened the door an inch or two checking only seeing Alan’s ginger hair a few feet off along with Austin, and Chris a good few yards in front of them. I sighed with relief and texted max asking what the hell he did to get Chris off my case. What I got in reply, all honesty here, was ‘told him to go buy the six most random cheese’s that they sell at Tesco because I wanted them for reasons undisclosed and I’m on the phone with him now still confusing him.’ I worry about that boy. I really do. So I replied asking if he actually needed the cheese. He said yes, I wanted to ask why but I honestly am scared to know. So I texted Austin that I was walking up behind them so Alan wouldn’t be scared shitless. Once I got up there I threw my arms around their waist. Alan whispered in my ear “What made him back off?”

“Max needed some random types of cheese for undisclosed reasons.”

“Are you just saying undisclosed reasons because you don’t want to tell me?” I showed him my phone and let him read the message. “Ok, I worry about that kid.” Austin shushed us then. Then shot me an apologetic look. Eh oh well then. He seems slightly sorry. Ish. We kept walking a few yards behind Chris making sure to actually keep a safer distance. I told the guys that I was gonna walk ahead for a second I walked towards Chris quickly trying to go unnoticed, by that I mean pulling my hood all the way up covering my face. I heard him muttering. Something along the lines of ‘Bloody fuck Max what the hell do you need this much cheese for?’ and ‘I was on a mission you daft twat.’ I quickly looped around going up behind the isle beside the dairy messaging Austin to know I was on my way back. Alan spotted me and quickly tackled me to the ground.

“What in the name of fuck are you doing?!” I whisper shouted knowing that if I really shouted we would be discovered.

“Improvising. Chris almost saw Austin and he bolted. I saw you right after and did this because it was the only thing I thought of.” I turned my head sideways to see if anyone was coming up the aisle, by anyone I mean Chris. What I saw was Austin on the floor beside me.

“What are you doing on the floor?” He whispered.

“Alan tackled me because you bolted when Chris might have seen you.” I said in a slightly normal tone.

“Oops. I panicked ok? We just need to get up because he’s probably gonna head this way soon. Looking for you again.” Austin pulled us up; we all pulled out hoods up. Once we got toward the end of the isle, further away from Chris I looked at the time and noticed we had to leave for my appointment. “Time to go boys. Mission accomplished close calls though but it got done.” I said as I threw my hood down and jumped on Austin’s back. We got safely outside, right as we were walking away.

“I FUCKING KNEW IT WAS YOU!” I looked back from my position on Austin’s back.

“Hi Chris!” I waved happily. “As you can see we finished our game of hide and seek. I won cause I found them both first and I get a piggy back ride to the tattoo shop. You’re coming with us for that and lunch at Nando’s right?” He stared at me, to see if I was lying which I was through my teeth but he didn’t noticed as he smiled.

“Yeah, I’ll meet you guys there Josh told me the address to the shop. I gotta drop off this fucking cheese for Max.” I raised my eyebrows at him, he just shrugged. “You’re guess is as good as mine, apparently it’s for undisclosed reasons. Before you even say it, I know the Hedgehog is weird. Also I was told ‘Don’t poke the bear.’ So I guess I’ll keep that in mind. Bye Bear” He winked and turned around

“Wait! How did you know about?”

“Max!” He grinned as I rolled my eyes and went off the opposite direction of the tattoo shop.

“Well that was close then.” Alan said.

“Tell me about it!” Austin laughed. I could feel his chest vibrating, which made me laugh, which made Alan laugh. And then it started all over again in a horrendous circle of laughs which lasted the whole trip to the place. We were still laughing like mental patients, though only one of us is. No need to be ashamed of my past ya know? All that jazz.

--

“BEEEEAAAARRRR!!!!!!!!!” I heard a screech as I jumped off Austin’s back and barely turned around to see Max running towards me with Fransassy and Matt, who along with Chris doesn’t have a nickname yet, standing at the door looking at me like they were sorry. Like fuck they were, they knew this was gonna happen. Max crashed into me and picked me up spinning me in a circle.

“Maximus it is not a good idea to give me the spins before I get my first tattoo.” He set me down quickly as I noticed Josh and Matt still had that apologetic look on their faces but I noticed they we’re starting at me, but at Austin, I turned around to look at him his face was red and his eyes had a look I’d never seen in them before. I’ll think about that later in the fort. I’ll corner him and ask him then. Good idea yeah?

“Anyways! Fransassy! Mathew! Get your butts over here!” They came up and each gave me a hug. Each muttering about my use of the word butt. “Hey! I chose butt because if I said arse Alan and Austin would have laughed at me like so.” I pointed towards the two that were giggling. “If I said ass you three would have given me hell.” I threw my arms up. “A woman can’t win!”

“Hey Bear! Where did you get that jacket? Look’s quite familiar. I’ve seen it somewhere yeah? Haven’t you Matt?” Josh said winking at me. I rolled my eyes.

“It does! And that shirt! Where did it come from? I swear I have seen one like it somewhere.”

“I don’t know, just some random blokes gave it to me to promote their rubbish clothing lines.” I rolled my eyes at them, while they pretended to look offended.

“You joshin’ with us here Bear?” Josh said smirking as Chris walked in.

“Hey Bear! Alan, Austin, and twats. Also Sassy Twat stop using your own name in sentence.” Chris rolled his eyes at Josh.

“Damn. I didn’t think you’d be hear yet Quiet Twat.”

“Chris, if you say the word twat one more time that will forever be your nickname.” His mouth started to form the words before Alan jumped up and slapped his hand over Chris’ mouth.

“She’s serious. She still calls Jaime from Pierce the Veil Hammy and she gave him that nickname while high and at least a bit intoxicated. Anyone else have any comment to add to this before I let him speak.” Chris was rolling his eyes, as though not believing him.

“Mate, she still calls me Fransassy even though she knows the hatred I have for people butchering my last name.” Josh threw in.

“I’m ok with my nickname actually, Hedgehogs are cute as fuck.” We all turned to look at Max who was playing on his phone. He looked up “What? Hedgehogs are cute!” He shoved a picture of a baby hedgehog in our faces.

“Awe! Look at baby Max! Wasn’t he so adorable?” Matt cooed

“Matt, no.” I shook my head at him, he just smiled.

“Anyways back to the business at hand. Before I release Chris anyone have any more objections to the word coming out of his mouth?” We all looked around, even to the receptionist who was staring at all the guys, fuck. No one made any noise. Other than Chris’ mumbles. “Okay then. Proceed to get yourself the most horrible nickname ever.” Alan moved his hand.

“I object.” Josh threw in.

“To what? Me getting a tattoo or Chris getting nicknamed twat if he says it again while around me today.” I looked at Chris and smiled “Yeah, all through lunch too buddy.” I stuck my tongue out at him, he did the same.

“Well, I object to Alan’s statement of twat being the most horrible nickname ever. I win that one hands down. Also,” he turned to Chris “Who are you and what did you do to Christopher Miller as he is never this loud or outspoken.”

“Actually Dan wins most horrible nickname ever as he is, I repeat Nyx’s word after their first conversation and have never heard her refer to him as anything but ‘that fucking wanker.’ And I blame her.” Chris pointed at me.

“Hey now don’t go blaming this on me! And ‘that fucking wanker’ is a brilliant nickname, and it also helps people know that he is a fucking wanker.” I sighed. They will never understand genius.

“Even though he may be a fucking wanker to you, he is still one of our best mates and our drummer.” Matt said poking me. What happened after this you ask? Oh nothing but, Austin, Alan, Josh, Max and Chris all shouted “DON’T POKE THE BEAR!!!!” and collapsed on the floor laughing. And before you even ask, yes anytime at least one of them is around they scream don’t poke the bear as loud as they can. Matt looked up at me.

“So that’s part of the reason why they call you Bear yeah?”

“Long story. I’ll tell you after I finally check in with this wonderful lady over here that’s been waiting patiently for us to stop our little session for about ten minutes now. So if you would please clean up our mess of best friends and calm them down,” I started whispering to him now “by calming them down I mean telling them I’m threatening them with time out, while you do that watch Alan and Austin’s face.” I smiled at him

“Yeah sure.” He smiled and went to work.

“Sorry about them, they’re at bit much put in the same room together.” I said smiling, a very fake smile, at the girl, who was still staring behind me though she doesn’t know I know.

“Oh it’s fine. I guess. What’s your appointment under?”
I rolled my eyes at her distracted tone. “Winterburn.”

“Well, Laura is finishing up with her last in a few minutes so just sit down and wait until she comes out to get you.” She said airily then waving me away. I walked up to Matt who now had Austin, Alan, and Chris under control. I looked down at Josh and Max, still rolling on the floor. Though not about the bear thing anymore, but the time out thing and Alan and Austin’s reaction to time out being mentioned. I got a good look at them, their faces were paled and eyes wide. I walked up to them stood in between them and yanked them down to my level and whispered to them. “You two are fine. You can relax; no harm will be done to either of you. I pinky promise.” I held out my pinkie for them and they each looped theirs around it making it a three person pinky swear. I hugged them both and turned towards the laughing mess.

“Oi! Fransassy! Hedgehog shut it!” They shut up and looked at me. Though I didn’t look very threatening today what with wearing one of their clothing companies, I was irked. They didn’t think I’d do it.

“What are you gonna do?” Max asked collapsing into giggles while Josh tried, and semi-succeeded to form the words ‘put us in time out?’

“That my dear Joshua and Maximus is exactly what I’m gonna do.” I took ahold of them both by their ears and drug them to a corner.

“Joshua James Alphose Franceschi” at this he and the rest of the guys gasped. “Give me your phone.” He handed it over. “This is your corner; you are not to move until Laura comes out. Do you understand?” He whimpered I took it as a yes and drug Max to the other corner. “Maximus Michael Heyler, phone.” He gave it up and whined “this is your corner you are under the same rules. I then flicked my wrist in both of their directions making them stay put until I said the words “Laura you twat!” Which is how I great her anyways, so whenever she comes out. “Also boys, just so you know this is the nice version of time out.” I shrugged then sat on Austin’s lap as he was closest. Lies I know, he was comfortable and too cute not to sit with. Alan gave me a look as Austin wrapped his arms around my waist and set his head on my shoulder. I shot him a sod-off-you-twat-don’t-ruin-my-moment look. He smirked at me got out his phone. “Say cheese losers.” I smiled at him not really sure of what Austin was doing. I felt a phone buzzing in my pocket and pulled out the three identical phones in my possession, well I know it’s not Josh’s ringing as he had a different case and handed it to Austin to hold. I held the two in my hands noticing that it was Max’s phone ringing. I looked at the caller I.D said it was him mum. I answered it not wanting to get him in more trouble.

“Hello.” I said cheerily into the phone.

“Wait you aren’t Max? I’m sorry do I have the right number I’m sure I wrote it down right.”

“Yes, you’ve got the right number Mrs. Helyer. I’m Nyx, though Max has probably mentioned me as Bear if he as at all. I only answered his phone as he’s in time out right now because he was publicly being an idiot. I apologize for confusing you.”

“Oh it’s fine dear. You’re the American who lived here for two or so years right? Also, Max and Josh were talking about you just this morning.” I heard a smile in her voice.

“Yes I am. Well it’s nice to know they were talking about me.” I said smiling as I realized where Max’s personality came from

“Well, I do have a question why is my son in time out he hasn’t been in one since he was a younger boy.”

“Well, Matt had poked me, and Joshua, Max and some other of our friends have a joke about my nickname Bear. The saying don’t poke the bear has now become literal to them when I am around and they collapsed into a fit of giggles in the middle of a shop along with Chris, Alan, and Austin but those two were the only ones daft enough to not to listen when Matt said that I was going to put them in time out if they didn’t control themselves.”

“Well, what must be done must be done then. Just tell Max that his step sister is coming in this weekend and he has to pick her up at the airport on Friday. Also, smack him and Josh upside the head for not behaving in public.”

“I will do so then.”

“Goodbye dear, if you ever need anything just give me a ring and I’ll do my best.” I smiled at the thought.

“I will do so! Just to be honest I’ll probably ring more than Max does when he’s out on tour.”

“That wouldn’t surprise me dear. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Goodbye Mrs. Helyer.” I hung up his phone looked at him, and saw that his mouth was open. “Don’t speak Max or I’ll make you stay out here throughout my whole tattoo, and then that deal we had about the Nando’s is done.” He closed his mouth. Again ah the power of free Nando’s. I leaned back into Austin who handed me Josh’s phone and relaxed.

“Hey Bear. You should call Josh’s mum. Anne would love to know why her son’s in time out.” Chris smirked. I smiled at this as Austin laughed behind me and I felt his laughter, while he was holding me closer.

“Good idea. Shut it Fransassy, I’ll do it if you want me to or not,” I added looking to Josh. I pulled out my phone and pulled up his mum’s name in my phone.

“Bear dear! How are you? How’s your bucket list day going?” She answered the phone.

“I’m doing fine Anne! It’s going pretty great other than your son has been put in time out by me.”

She sighed, “What did he do this time?” I could hear the laughter in her voice though.

“Well, Matt poked me. You know how Austin, Josh, Alan and Max act when I get poked. So that happened in the middle of the tattoo shop along with Chris joining in. Matt got Alan, Austin, and Chris under control. Though Max and Josh wouldn’t listen to him. So it had to be done.”

She laughed at this. “Those boys they will never learn how to act in public will they?”

“I honestly don’t think so.”

“It’s nice to know that you’re there hopefully making them feel ashamed of themselves.”

“Of course I am! I used the ear trick you taught me.”

“Glad to know you’re putting it to use. Well, I must be off Josh’s sister is coming home and needs some help, also tell Josh that he needs to start being more respectful in a public place. But I’ll ring you later yeah?”

“Of course! Love you Mum Franceschi!”

“Love you too Bear.” She hung up.

“That was a nice conversation” Austin whispered in my ear.

“Are you listening on my conversations Austin?” I whispered back to him.

“Well you are the one sitting on me and had the phone on the side of your head that I am on. So yes. I am.”

“Okay then.” I smiled. “Oh, Max your step sister is coming in this weekend and needs you to pick her up at the airport. Josh you’re mother says to learn to control yourself and be more respectful in a public place.” Right as I said this Laura walked through the door.

“Nyx you tart!”

“Laura you twat!” We hugged each other and soon let go. We took each other in, oh so you aren’t confused Laura is a foster child my parents took in after we moved to Shepperton. We had started this shop together and were co-owners. “Before you speak dear let me get the twats out of their corners.”

“You’re still putting people in time out?” She laughed.

“I’ll explain when we get started yeah?” I walked over to Josh and handed him his phone smacking him upside the head. “You’ll listen next time right?”

“Yes.”

“That’s my favorite Fransassy! Now be a good boy.” I hugged him quickly and went over to Max who was still in the same spot.

“Hedgehog dear you can move now.” He turned around and looked at me. I then smacking him upside the head before handing his phone. “One, call your mum more. Two, the head smack that both you and Fransassy over there received was from her.”

“Before you even say it, yes I’ll listen next time.” He smiled at me and over and sat on Chris. I walked back to Laura.

“You mind having this lot in there while you fix me up all pretty like?” I smiled at her.

“They’ll be fine. Now follow me. That means all of you, if she tells me to put one of you in time out while she’s getting tattooed I will not hesitate to do so.” They all mumbled yes and we went on our way to her room. Before she opened the door I stopped her.

“You lot stay out here for like five seconds really quick.” I smiled at them and pushed the door open and slamming it behind me.

“Huh?”

“The receptionist has to go; she was staring at them like a piece of meat. Hold on.” I beat on the door. “Stop trying to listen in losers! Anyways, yeah I don’t like her.” I looked at her as if to apologize for my next actions. I then beat on the door again, while producing five more chairs out of thin air placing them in various places so everyone could sit. “And Austin’s the one I was telling you about when we made the appointment. And he knows everything.” She laughed and nodded saying she understood. I opened the door and Max and Josh were standing near the reception area looking quite suspicious. Alan was now on the floor at my feet as he was leaning against the door to hear. Austin and Chris were laughing at him. “Nosey buggers aren’t they my best friends?” I rolled my eyes as she started setting up the table I got to lay on for the next hour and a half. The guys walked in, minus Hedgehog and Fransassy.

“Where’s Hedgehog and Fransassy?” I asked?

“Doing something.” Chris said. I opened my mouth to ask what as they both burst into the room and slammed the door shut.

“We have something to show you!” They said at the same time.

“Who is you?”

“You is the lady who owns the bloody place.” Josh said to Alan. Laura and I looked at Alan, as he was the only one who knew about Laura and I being co-owners, he smiled nodding and we looked at each other and smiled.

“You’re looking at her.” We said at the same time. Everyone looked at me shocked. “Guys I don’t have time to explain, just that I’m co-owner. So what do you need to show us?”

“Well ok then.” Josh said rubbing the back of his neck, he handed Liz his phone and I looked at the screen with her, it was that receptionist and one of the other tattoo artist, Taylor, talking.

“I mean she was practically whoring herself out to all of them. She’s just a band whore.” The receptionist said.

“You don’t even know her how could you say that?” T just shook her head.

“Well how the fuck else is she supposed to know Of Mice & Men and You Me At Six.” The other girl rolled her eyes at the sentence.

“Oh I don’t know, but that still doesn’t give you the right to judge her.” That’s when the video cut off and a knock at the door made everyone jump as the room had gone silent. I opened the door. She bust through the door.

“Laura! Nyx! You need to fire that bloody bint before I go kill her for making assumptions about my other boss.” Everyone then turned to look at me. I was seething, as everything had sunk in. I knew I hadn’t liked her. The more I thought about it the angrier I got. I then started pacing. Then I was out that door in a flash with only Alan and Austin following me, they apparently had caught on to the mood change quickest. I walked up to the desk.

“You’re fired.” I said in a surprisingly calm tone. I never noticed that Austin laced his right hand with my left as Alan stood back.

“And who are you to tell me if I’m fired or not?”

“Well, first off. When working somewhere learn the names of both of your bosses, learn what they look like and remember that yeah? Secondly, when in the same room as two bands that you may enjoy don’t stare at them like a bloody piece of meat for you to devour because I can assure you not all of them are single.” Austin squeezed my hand. “Thirdly, I can assure you that I am not a band whore because I am not dating any of these men,” though I may be in love with one of them. “Nor have I ever slept with any of these men. Now get the fuck off my property before I have you arrested for harassment.” I stormed back through the guys pulling Austin with me, still never realizing he had his hand with mine. I went through the building out through the back room into the hidden door into the room that only Laura and I, now apparently Austin knew about. I released his hand then and punched the wall adding another fist sized shape in the fall. Then two more, four more after that, then two more I took a deep breath and then realized Austin had witnessed that.

“Uhm. So yeah” I ran my hand through my hair, which I had forgotten to do today so it probably looked shit. He just pulled me in and hugged me.

“You know she isn’t right? You aren’t a band whore; you are the furthest thing from it.” He muttered into my hair.

“I know, but you might want to move again.” I said into his chest. He let me go and I put another hole in the wall.

“Feel better now?” He asked.

“Yupp.” I smiled at him. “To the people who said violence never solved anything lied, as long as it’s violence against an inanimate object it solves a lot of things.”

He laughed at me. “If I didn’t know you like I do I would be scared shitless right now.”

I rolled my eyes at his comment. “Come on lets go back, before Laura starts thinking I’ve punched about 12 holes in the wall by now.”

“Please dear gods don’t keep punching holes in the…..oh. Well I guess you’re better then.” Laura said as she bust into the room.

“How much damage this time?”

“Only ten holes. Last time I came in here it was twenty. So we’re all good”

“Getting better, maybe next time you’ll only have five holes.”

“We’ll see.” I laughed at her, truly feeling better.

“I’m going to buy you a punching bag.” Austin said from beside me, looking at my hand though I’m not sure if it’s the one I punched the wall with as I’m not sure which hand it was that I punched the wall with. Both probably. I’m sure both my hands are covered in blood by now. The pain hasn’t hit yet.

“Doesn’t work, we had four of those in here before and then both Laura and I ended up holding the other back after going in here punching it for a while then getting pissed off all over again. So we took them out and starting punching the wall instead. Gets all the anger out to see some damage done.” I shrugged. “Well, ready to get to finally giving me a tattoo lady?”

“Yeah give me and him a sec yeah?” She threw over her shoulder as I was at the door. I gave her a be-nice look she smiled assuring me she would try and I walked out the door to and to the room where I assumed the guys were at. I walked in and everything got quiet.

“Holy shit bear what the fuck happened to your hand?!” Josh screamed.

“Venus Nyx I swear to god you’re hands are covered in blood!” Alan told me.

“Fuck.” That was all Chris managed.

“You ok?” Max and Matt both said at the same time.

I said the first thing that came to mind. “Don’t poke the bear.”

Alan just laughed at attacked me in a hug, the others soon followed. “Just so you know, she wasn’t anywhere near the truth, all of us in this room consider you as a younger sister.” Alan mumbled into my ear as he hugged me.

“I know.” I said quietly back. Once Alan let go, they all did.
Then Josh came up to me placed his hands on my shoulder. “Bint was crazy. You, Venus Nyx Winterburn, ok it’s weird to say your full name, but you Bear, are not only my favorite American, but my little sister as mum phoned while you went off and murdered your hand informing me of her claiming you as her own now.” He hugged me tightly and let me go only to be replaced by Max.

“Come here you little Bear.” He said as he pulled me into a hug. “She was just jealous that you’re more awesome than she is.” He laughed and released me as Matt took his place.

“Bear, you are one tough bird to have not punched her in the face. I wanted to; no one says shit about the best adopted little sister ever.” He hugged me quickly. And let go as Chris stood behind him.

“My turn,” He smiled as he grabbed me into a hug, “I only have to tell you one thing. Just one word. Ok?” I nodded into the hug as he pulled away looked me dead in the eye and said “Twat.” And that’s what did it. That’s what had me laughing like a madwoman. Along with the rest of the guys, as they all knew that Chris was forever going to be known as twat. We were recovering when Laura and Austin walked in, I raised my eyebrow at her while the rest of the guys, and dare I say it, glared at Austin. She smiled at me letting me know she was nice and didn’t threaten him.

“So who wants to explain some things to dear old Alan here?”

“Shoot ginger.” I shrugged at him

“One. Why are your hands bleeding we never really got the good answer out of that? Two. Where the fuck were those two?” He said gesturing between Austin and Liz.

“Well I can only answer one, and my hands are bleeding because… well fuck it’d be easier to show all of you. Laura you ok to set up while I go show them?” I looked at her and she nodded.

“Well come on then.” I looked at the guys as Austin walked up beside me sliding his hand in mine. I didn’t mind one bit. We went out and I set off on the familiar path through the shop, out the backroom, through the hidden door into the room.

“So how exactly is a room full of holes in the wall the reason why your hands are still bleeding?” Max looked confused.

“Would you like me to demonstrate?” I sighed.

“NO!” They all shouted at once.

“Okay okay. Fine I may or may not have punched ten holes in the wall.”

“YOU DID WHAT?!?!?!” They all shouted, well other than Austin which I’m glad. He just stood there silently, smiling a little to himself as I was, holding my hand.

“I punched ten holes in the wall.”

“Why?” Josh asked

“Well Fransassy, it was either run back here punch some holes in the wall again, or punch some holes in her face. So I chose the one that would end me up not in jail.”

“So where did all the other holes come from?” Matt asked looking around the room. Half if it painted yellow, half painted orange. Holes littering the walls on both sides of the room.

“Well, when we moved out here dad bought this building as his private space and Laura and I would always end up in here when we got pissed off, after we painted it of course, the yellow half being mine and the orange half being hers” At this Chris let out a low whistle examining the holes in the walls once again, the more on the yellow side than the orange. “We had four punching bags up in here, but after a few incidents of those not working and us almost killing someone dad took them out and we resorted to punching holes in the wall.” I shrugged. Austin laughed as he stood behind me wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Wanna explain why there are about 200 holes in your side of the wall and only about 50 or so on her side?” Josh asked.

“Laura will do one or two good punches and be done. I on the other had depending on how pissed off I am and the situation usually don’t stop until at least the fifth or seventh or tenth good punch. As the ten new holes in my wall.” Austin laughed quietly in my ear “Well I don’t usually spend any time in here with a clear head until I’m leaving it, so unless one of you wants to piss me off enough to force me to want to hit you and end up punching the wall instead, let us be gone.” They retreated to the door fast.

“You know it’s kinda hard to walk like this.” Austin said.

“Well, then remove your arms around from me then it would be easier.” I looked up and stuck my tongue out at him. He returned the gesture.

“That would be no fun. So I’ll just do this.” And I was lifted off my feel and carried back to Liz and the guys.

“You ready tart?” I was asked when Austin sat me down on the table.

“Sure am cunt.”

“Alright shirt off.”

“WHAT?!?!?!” Fransassy, Hedgehog, Twat, and Matt shouted.

“Dudes, calm down.” I said as I took off my shirt revealing the sports bra underneath and many scars that were up and down my stomach, ignoring the concerned looks from Alan and Austin and the confused ones from the guys, and laid down.

“Well, we had no idea what she meant by that.” Max muttered.

“Stomach tattoo you dolts.” I smiled at them, they rolled their eyes at me. “Hey now, only one of you is allowed to be extremely sassy and that’s Fransassy over there. Chill it with the sass.” I poked my tongue out at the guys.

“Whatever Nyx.” Alan said and ruffled my hair “Oh, just so you know, there’s kinda blood in your hair. Wanna explain that?” He asked.

“Ran my hands through my hair after I damaged the walls.” I muttered.

“Yeah, someone want to work on cleaning up her knuckles while I start?” Laura looked up at Austin, who quickly left the room getting the first aid kit. He was back right as she put the stencil on my stomach.

“So, you wanna explain while everyone but Alan and occasionally Austin call you Bear?” Laura said as she got to work on my tattoo, and Austin started cleaning my knuckles.

“Well, it’s entirely Fransassy, Alan, and Austin’s fault. As when I met the sassy one over there for the first time, I was quite hungry and very rude. Josh made a comment, and for the second time that morning someone said “Don’t poke the bear.” When referring to me. That was the first thing Josh was ever told about me” They all started giggling by then. “When Alan and Austin were getting our food, after figuring out where the hell he was from, just by his accent I might add. I was proud. He kept making sassy remarks; I had the wonderful revelation as to Fransassy. We argued over that for five minutes, as you can tell I won, so his compromise was he called me Bear. It’s whatever. So now anytime someone new that doesn’t get the joke pokes me they all scream don’t poke the bear and collapse into fits of giggles. Max was the first one clued in on it, then Chris because Max told him. And now you and Matt.” I shrugged.

“I really forgot how random you are.” She shook her head for before continuing her work. I winced as Austin started putting the alcohol on my hands. “You ok?” She looked up at me.

“Not you that made me wince, just the bloody alcohol on open wounds.”

“Oops.” Austin said “should have warned you shouldn’t have I?” He said

“Would have been a great idea.” I rolled my eyes at him and stuck out my tongue.

“Oi! Josh, Max, Matt and Chris,” Laura said they all mumbled what’s in her direction as she turned toward the ink she picked up a separate book and threw it at Max. “Look at page 6, 7, and 8. 6 is the tattoo I just got done giving before her, 7 and 8 are the same girl that I did before starting the first one. After you are done give it to Alan or Austin and you guys look at page 4.” She shrugged as she got back to her work. I heard a few gasps.

“Holy. Shit.” Hedgehog muttered showing Chris and the guys the right page. “Who got this?” He asked looking up.

“Some girl named Via. I’ve got a picture of what it looks like done. Today was her last appointment.” She got out her phone and threw it at them. “Last picture.”

“Holy fuck. You have her number in here yeah?” She nodded at Matt.

“Mind if we get her number?” Josh muttered.

“Awe does Fransassy have a crush?!” I said toward him as I was shown this girl who had a full back piece of the Hold Me Down artwork.

“Shut it bear I just think it’s cool.” I rolled my eyes at him.

“Just get her number and call her before she starts making fun of you even more.” Austin said while, finally, bandaging my hand. Well one of them at least.

“Put it on speaker.” Alan said. We all looked at him. “What? I was hear how freaked she is when she realizes that those guys have her number.”

“Shut it ginger.” They all said rolling their eyes. Josh soon quickly started dialing her number.

“Hey Laura you should talk to her first and then be like he I know some losers who like your tattoo.” Alan said.

“That actually is a good idea.” Josh shrugged looking at Laura who just nodded as she put the gun down and waited for the phone to start ringing.

“Hello?” A girl asked.

“Via! Hey it’s Laura.”

“Oh! I didn’t know it was you as this isn’t your normal number. What’s up?”

“Well after you left today I had some losers walk in they thought your tattoo looked awesome, could you come down to the shop and into my room to show it to them?”

“Of course, be there in ten. See ya.” And she hung up. The guys looked at her in confusion

“Her facial expression is gonna be priceless when she walks in here.” I laughed and Laura picked up her tattoo gun and started back to working on my tattoo.

“So Nyx, oh god that’s weird I can’t call you by your name because it feels weird, wanna tell us why you’re getting to anchors chained together tattooed on you?” Max said looking at what Laura had already completed of the tattoo, the outline and she was now coloring the bottom half of the chain and the bottom anchor.

“It’s a long story, and it’s got a long back story and I’m not really up to telling it yeah?” I sighed Austin squeezed my hand; I hadn’t noticed he was holding my hand. Austin and Alan knew my reasons behind the tattoo; Laura was the one who helped me think of it before I left back for the states.

Max went to open his mouth to ask something but I glared at him until he closed his mouth. “Would you please be kind and never glare at me like that again because that’s totally what you looked like when you met ‘that fucking wanker’” He said putting air quotes around that fucking wanker. We then heard the faint ring of the shop door opening. “Via’s here!” Laura said.

“Laura? Which room are you in, bigger or smaller?” A very light voice shouted out.

“Bigger! Just walk right in, don’t even think about having proper manners around these dolts.” Liz shouted out.

“We aren’t dolts.” Alan murmured.

“We are so dolts and you know it.” I threw in.

The door opened and a girl walked in looking at her phone “So where are these losers as you……?” She looked up and her sentence trailed off. Alan and Austin had their phones out and took a quick picture of her face when she realized who was in the room

“Uhm. Hi?” She gave off a half-hearted wave and her face was red as my hair. Then Max walked up to her and hugged her.

“Hi Via! I’m Max and you have a fucking awesome tattoo!”

“Uhm. Thanks. I guess.” I laughed.

“Via love, there’s no need to be awkward around them Twat has enough awkwardness for the rest of us.” I laughed.

“Well, first off” Via started letting out a long breath, “Laura, fuck you. Just fuck you.” She stuck her tongue out at her while Laura told her “You love me” “Second off, even though you all seem to know my name I still have manners I’m Via.”

“First off, you talk in list to! Fuck yes! Second off, let’s see it then.”

“Go us! And ugh fine other lady besides Laura, wait she mentioned someone coming in after me. She said you name. Shit shit shit. I know this.” She was walking around in a circle thinking and muttering shit repeatedly. “Nyx! That’s your name!” She pointed at me. I smiled at her. “By that smile I’m right, and fine just you know gonna get half naked in front of them, ya know.”

“Via shut up and take off your shirt.” Laura said without looking up from her work.

“Bloody mental woman that is right there.” She said quietly and then lifted up the back of her shirt and lifted it over her head but not taking it all the way off after she turned around. Everyone was speechless. I mean seeing it in person was different than the picture. It was a lot more vibrant. And holy shit it looked perfect. We were all silent except for the buzzing of the tattoo gun staring at her back.

“FUCK!” I shouted as Laura hit my hip bone.

“You ok Bear?” Chris shot me a look.

“Oh don’t worry about me, just my hip bone Twat.”

“Uhm, can I put my shirt back down now.”

“I wanna keep looking at it though.” Max whined.

“Hedgehog, come here for a second.” I said to him, he walked over and sat down beside me. I hit him upside the head.

“Don’t make the girl feel awkward. Via, you can fix your shirt now.” I smiled at her.

“Wait.” Via fixed her shirt. “Someone’s missing. Well other than the other half of their band.” She said pointing towards Alan and Austin.

“Please, dear god I’m begging you, don’t say the name that’s gonna come out of your mouth.” Via looked at Josh raising her eyebrow. He looked at me as if to question if he could explain, I nodded. “Yes, Dan isn’t here because those two,” he pointed towards me, “don’t get along. Like at all. Ended up screaming at each other in two minutes.”

“Which is a new record for her, the last time she got pissed at someone that fast it was three minutes.” Alan threw in.

“Why?”

I sighed. “I don’t know, just something about that fucking wanker pisses me off. He irks me, a lot.”

“Okay, I won’t bring it up again sorry.” Then her phone went off,

“Oh shit, that’s my brother. I’ve gotta go. I’ll talk to you later Laura. Nice to meet you all” And she was out of the door in a flash.

“Well that could have been worse. By the way you’re done” Laura said wiping me up and putting plastic over my tattoo. We all got up and I put my shirt back on along with my jacket.

“Nando’s?” Max said we all nodded and left for some food.