Sequel: Realtivity.
Status: More Done than I am with Joshua Franceschi.

The Flood

Product of a ***er

October 10th.

“Nyx! Get up!!” Alan shouted from outside my door, so we’re at Mom’s and she freaks when Alan and I share a room now, something about it being immoral. Whatever.

“Why?!” I shouted I didn’t want to get up. I just really want to sleep.

“Cause I leave tomorrow and it’s a Best Friends day!”

“Ugh! Fine!!!” I got up, went to my closet got some clothes, charmed my hair clean, charmed my legs shaved, brightened my hair then got dressed in a simple pair of skinnies and Austin’s tank top from my party. What? I stole it from him. Threw on my jacket and opened my door. “So where are we going?”

Alan shook his head. “It takes you a scarily little amount of time to get ready.”

“I have my ways.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“So, I was thinking London today?”

“Sounds fun, then we can go to The Burrow for a bit, just let me write Harry to get all the adults there for lunch today.” We went into my room and I got out pen and paper (it freaks out the Wotter’s, sans Hermione and Harry, when I don’t use parchment.) Alan just stood there and watched. I quickly wrote one to Harry and a special one to George so I knew he’d be there.

“That was quick.” He said as I called Alexandria, my owl, over to me and tied the letters to her leg.

“Alex, go take the first one to Harry, and the next to George, and make sure George reads it and don’t come back without getting a reply. Give those to Anna when you get back.” She nodded, yes my owl nodded she’s special no seriously she has powers; Dumbledore’s portrait told me last year during a heads meeting. Anyways, Alex flew off after nipping my ear. “So are you ready?” I looked at Alan.

“You are so weird, but yes let’s go. Oh I’m driving.” Alan said.

--

“Alan. You are not getting that.” So before you ask any questions, we are at the mall and what is Alan doing? Oh he’s just looking at this ridiculous paint gun that he does not need.

“Please Nyx?”

“Alan, no you do not need a paint gun.”

“But I want it.”

“And what will happen when you break it Alan? You will be upset because you just broke your new paint ball gun.”

“But.”

“No.”

“But.”

“What did I say Alan Anthony?”

“You said no.” He pouted.

“Then are you gonna get it?”

“No.”

“Then stop asking.”

“Ok.”

Yes I may act like Alan’s mother at times, but hey Aunt Ang (I do not mean George’s wife Angelina, I don’t call her Aunt) told me I could. It has to be done.

--

I dialed Anna’s number on my phone.

“Hello?”

“Yo! Is Alex back yet?”

“No….well never mind she’s flying up right now. Let me get the letters. One’s from Harry, he said he wasn’t getting George and that he hoped you have it covered, but otherwise everyone else is on board for lunch at The Borrow. And George’s said and I quote “Bloody dammit woman and your evil owl. Just like you. But yes I will come to lunch at The Borrow today; I hope to see you there. Will all regards George Fabian Weasley prank master, and owner of WWW. P.s. I’m bringing you new products.”

“That it?” I asked.

“Yupp that all you needed?”

“Yupp. I love you, we’ll be back at the house sometime after 7.”

“Alright love you too.” Click.

Alan poked me in the shoulder “Where to now?” He asked

“Well you’re going to give me the keys, and I am going to drive us to a safe place, I’m going to send a patronus to Molly and tell her we are coming so she isn’t surprised and tell her that it’s ok to use magic around you, then we are going to apparate there.”

“Where is said safe place?”

“About 15 minutes from Diagon Alley.”

“Alright and how far away is that?”

“20 minutes.”

“So we have a 35 minute drive ahead of us.”

“Yupp, get in the car.” Alan did as he was told got in the car, and we drove off toward the safe place. It wasn’t a super long drive, not with music going and us yapping. I pulled in to the really dark alley way, and got out and sent the patronus, mine’s an owl, to Molly.

“Here is where you want to park my car for a few hours?” Alan got out of the car and looked around.

“Well, Alan dear yes I do, and I am also going to do something.” I flicked my wand at the car. It went invisible.

“Oh. Ok.” He shrugged.

“Well, first before we go anywhere. Alan, you are going to actually meet Harry and Ginny Potter, Ron and Hermione Weasley, George and Angelina Weasley, Bill and Fleur Weasley, Charlie Weasley, and Molly and Arthur Weasley. So do not trip out, these people are basically my family, they took me in and let me become a part of their family while I lived here. So treat them like you would Mom, Dad and Aunt Eliza.”

He swallowed. “Alright, I can do this.”

I held out my hand to him, he took it. I pictured The Borrow. Then the familiar feeling of getting sent through an invisible tube all the way across England, then we landed. I looked out and there it was, ah The Borrow, the greatest place in the world. I loved it here.

“Wow. It looks like something we would design.” Alan laughed.

“It does, and that’s part of what makes it so great, the rest is just Weasley charm.” I grabbed his hand and we started walking to the gates. Once inside the gates I ran to the front door dragging Alan behind me.

“Oh Molly dear! I’m here with guest that I have told you about!!!” Molly Weasley was the only Weasley to know about Alan, I told her a lot of things. I love her

“Oh dear! You must be so hungry!!” She said as she came into the kitchen “And this must be Alan, you may just fit in around here with that ginger hair of yours.” She winked at him and ruffled his hair.

“Yeah that’s me. And I guess so.” He laughed.

“Nyx dear, why don’t you go introduce Alan to the rest of my kids I’m sure he met all the grandkids while they were at your house.”

“Yes Molly. Is George here yet?”

“No he isn’t. But everyone else is there, even Percy. And before you huff or anything he was here when everyone else started showing up and I can’t well ask him to leave.”

“Fine. But I’m making fun of him”

“I’ve never been able to stop the other kids from doing it, and you and Alan, I'm sure, are no exceptions.” She winked at us and pushed us into the living room.

“Out of the way! I need to use the fire!”

“Why do you need to use the fire?” Arthur asked.

“George isn’t here yet, and we have business to discuss.”

“What did my husband do now?” Angelina asked.

“I’ll fill you in later, after I floo him and introduce everyone to the extra ginger that entered the room with me, don’t give him the third degree until George is here because I don’t feel like dealing with his whining when he finds out you had all the fun without him.”

“Way to kill the fun Nyx.” Harry stuck his tongue out at me.

I threw the powder in to the flames and said Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes. “George Fabian Weasley, if you aren’t at The Borrow in five minutes I will personally come find you and force you over here!!!!!” After that I heard I’m coming I’m coming and then the loud crack of him apparating into the room. I got off my knees and turned around. “Nice of you do join us George. So glad you got here on time.”

“Who’s the other Weasley? I’ve never seen that one before.”

“That is not a Weasley; this is Alan he was at my birthday party.”

“Wait weren't you the one who set up the slide show and stuff for her?” Hermione asked

“Yeah, that was me.” He smiled. Awe Alan’s nervous.

“That was so beautiful!” Fleur cooed

“Thanks, and for once it was actually my idea for her birthday present.”

“Yeah, for the first time ever.” I elbowed him “Out of at least 15 years of friendship you figured you would know enough about me to buy me a present.”

“He is a Weasley, he’s just like ours!” Molly said from the kitchen. All the guys grumbled. “Food will be ready in a few minutes; Harry and Ron go fix the table. Charlie and George come get the silverware and set the table once they have it ready, I need the rest of you to come in here and get the food and start taking it out side so we can all fit. Oh! Except Hermione, I need you to go put a marquee of sorts over the table; I don’t trust anyone else to get it done.” We all did as we were told, even Alan. Soon everything was ready; it was a normal Weasley Lunch. Charlie, Bill and Harry were talking Quidditch, Ron was shoveling food in his mouth like a ravenous fool, Arthur was talking to Percy about work, George and Angelina were arguing about his choice in clothing, personally I think the suspenders (yes you heard right suspenders) look rather fitting for George, Fleur and Ginny were talking about something to do with James, Hermione, Alan and I were talking about my job.

“So you don’t officially start your actual job until next year, and since you did training with Kingsley and at George’s shop and other business at Hogsmeade, you just get to goof off until January or so.”

“So what exactly does is her job?” Alan asked.

“Well, you know how you have a PR director for the band?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, it’s her job to set up possible outlets for sending some British companies, like WWW, over to North America, it’s only through the ministry because she’s also helping promote international magical governments advertise and other things. It’s a new department and she’s the head.” Hermione beamed at me. I smile right back at her.

“So, to put it in simple terms, you’re pretty much like the head of a record label?”

“No, not exactly, I’m just the head PR person for the whole international magic cooperation. Which is the name of the department, the International Magic Cooperation, Right?” I looked at Hermione for confirmation. She nodded. “It’s like that old bill is the States, NAFTA, except I’m going to be hands on and put shops in the States while keeping the British stores working. NAFTA outsourced jobs.”

“Oh so you’re just the main PR dude except with more responsibility that just one band, and by band I mean country government and businesses.” He asked.

“Yeah pretty much.”

“That is so cool.”

“Yeah I know.” I smiled really big.

“Oi! New Ginger! What’s your Quidditch team?” Charlie shouted from the other end of the table.

“Cannons!” Alan shouted back, I don’t know why he loved that team, though they haven’t lost every game this season, they’ve won like two out of the four that’s started.

“Good man!” Ron shouted.

“Nyx! I heard you’re going to be head of the new department for the ministry?” Percy asked.

“Yeah. I am.” I smiled. He sneered. He is such a prick.

“Awe Perc do you have your wand in a knot because she’s got a better job than you and she’s just out of Hogwarts?” George teased.

“No, I do not. I’m merely curious as to how she got this job.” He said with his nose turned up.

“Well, Percy I don’t see how that is any of your business.” Ginny hissed at him.

“No, Gin it’s fine. Well Percy, when Kingsley approached me about it at the beginning of the year saying that where I had put in an application to work under Hermione in her PR department that Hermione vouched for me by saying that she was already going to hire me for a decent job for being just out of Hogwarts and that I was a natural at PR he said that if I worked hard enough he would consider me for the job but it was all the way out in the States in San Diego California, I said it was a great idea since I already have roots in Southern California it wouldn’t be a problem for me to move out there once everything’s ready to get started. Then I worked my ass off, I never made below and O on anything during my last year at Hogwarts, I began working at the Ministry with Kingsley on every break, and then started working for WWW and other business’ in Hogsmeade,” George cut in

“And she brought me in so much more business when she was doing that for the store, and all over Hogsmeade, everyone was raving about how their business went up at least by 50% during the first week of her working for us.”

“Thank you George, and at the end of the I had highest NEWT grades, along with Victorie as both of us had all O’s, which I think is more than you had when you took yours,” at this you heard Alan, George, Ron, Harry and Ginny all go ‘Ohhhhh’ “I worked my ass off and Kingsley offered me the job saying that I had done everything that I would have needed to for training just by getting to know the nature of what I was doing while I worked under him and the others, so I took the job. The only help I had with that job was Hermione suggesting me for it, and that’s it. I worked for it.” I smirked at him.

“Uh. Ok. Yeah.” Percy stammered. I felt Alan put his hand on my arm telling me to calm down.

“George, Ronald, Harry, Bill, and Charlie you can put away that popcorn right now.” Molly scolded them, it looks like they conjured some popcorn out of the kitchen and started eating it while I was being mean to Percy, “and Percy that teaches you to meddle in other people’s personal lives now doesn’t it?”

“Yes, Mum” All five of them called out

“Good, now everyone get ready for desert.” The food vanished from out plates and they cleaned themselves, and Molly went in to get the desert.

“So Nyx, got any more verbal attacks to give out tonight?” Ron asked.

“Ronald!” Hermione then hit him upside the head. I laughed

“What? It was a serious question.”

“Ron, if I verbally attack anyone else it will be with reason, so don’t irk me.” I smiled at him.

“You are one frightening child do you know that?” Charlie asked.

“Hey! I grew up with this kid,” I pointed my thumb to Alan “and then when I move here I was thrown into this family for the first time, at Christmas no doubt. So I have my reasons to be.”

“Yeah, I understand that.” Hermione shrugged.

“Hey Nyx! You have any plans for the shop while you’re gone?” George asked.

“Well, I’ll see how long it takes for me to get through the ministry PR stuff before I start working on getting properties for you to start setting up shops in SD.”

“How long will that take?”

“Hmm. About three or four month’s maybe. But once I get the properties and do all the necessary charms and stuff, it’ll be maybe a month, depending on how fast you can get me product, after that for it to open.”

“You are a genius girl genius!” George hugged me.

“I know George I know.”

“All right! Dessert’s here! Enough with all the work talk!” Molly said as she set the cake in the middle of the table and started serving people. I got first piece woo! We all at the cake in silence.

“Molly, this is the best cake I have had ever.” Alan said with his mouth full.

“Alan, don’t talk with your mouth full.” I nudged him

He swallowed. “I’m sorry, but really best cake ever.”

“Thank you dear; eat as much as you want.” He smiled as she said this and reached for his second, Ron was already on his third.

After a lot more eating, a game of Quidditch, two games of chess, a game of exploding snap, more picking on Percy, more Ginny getting mad at Ron or Percy, George giving me new WWW products to help him advertise, Angelina yelling at Harry for bringing up old Hogwarts stories from the Gryffindor team, Angelina flooing her friend Katie Bell who just walked in, told everyone hello, threatened harry with Oliver and left, Ginny laughing at Harry, Ron looking confused, Hermione and Fleur were talking about her sister and her baby on the way “At zat age!” Fleur shaking her head, The Oliver dude coming over and taking Harry and George outside by the ear to yell at them for having lost their ‘team spirit’ to which I’m sure George said something about not being on the team for more than 20 years to which Oliver yelled some more, they came back in looking gruff, Oliver said goodbye and left, as the rest of us laughing at the two of them. Soon we left with promises to come back as soon as we could, full stomachs and food to take home.

--

The next day.

--

“Nyx! The bus is gonna be here in three hours come spend time in my room with Austin and I.” Alan stuck his head in my door.

“Ok, I’ll be there in a minute I have to finish this thing for Kingsley; he’s sending me stuff to work on until the office is set up.” I lied, I was just sitting staring at the already finished product, and I just had to say something so I don’t look like I’m crying anymore.

“Alright,” He left. He knew I was crying. I wiped my face went and splashed some cool water on it, looked in the mirror, my eyes are still red, but oh well. I looked at my clothes, I’m in sweats, eh they’re get over it. I left the room and went into Alan’s room and plopped on the bed.

“So what are we going to with our last hours together before you go on tour?” I asked.

“I say we watch TV in here.” Austin said as he got on the bed beside me. Alan did the same on the other side.

“Sounds like a good idea. I’ll get the remote.” Alan then got back up got the remote and set down again.

“What’s on TV?”

“Not really anything so I think we should watch Netflix. They have cartoons.” Austin shrugged.

“Sounds good to me. I say Courage!” I said.

“Courage it is.”

Soon it was all loaded and the four of us, Anna came in right as it started loading and sat with us, on the bed watching Courage. I was laying with my head on Austin’s chest, it was nice spending all the time that I did with him, he is such an amazing guy, he makes me laugh, he’s hilarious to prank, he has a wonderful smile, he’s so grounded, and not what I expected him to be at all, and I may like him, I’m not sure yet, I haven’t sat down and thought about it yet. Anyways Alan was on my other side with his head on my side with Anna lying on his chest. God I wish they didn’t have to leave. I don’t know what I’m going to do without them here, I really don’t. I’ve just gotten Alan back I don’t know how I’m going to deal with him being gone again. I guess I’ll just have to deal with it later, he’s still here now. I still have three hours, after the first hour is over I hear “Hey Nyx! Come with me for a second.” It’s Alan.

“Sure.” We get off the bed and walk down to the kitchen

“What are you gonna do when I leave?” He asked.

“I don’t know.” My voice broke. “I’m trying not to think about it.” He wrapped me in a hug.

“I know. I know.” He kissed the top of my head as the tears started to fall.

“I don’t want you to go. I want to keep you here. You’re my best friend, who else am I going to have that knows everything Alan, everything. The depression keeps coming back, the medicine isn’t helping anymore, and I don’t know what to do. And I’m afraid it’s just going to keep getting worse.” I sobbed. “I don’t know what to do anymore.”

“Just calm down Nyx, calm down.” Alan rubbed my back and I cried into his shirt. He picked me up and starting walking back to the room. “I need you guys to go elsewhere for a little bit?”

“Is she ok?” Austin asked, worry laced his voice, I wish I could say something like I’m fine, but I don’t have the strength to lie and say I am. I’m not, I’m freaking out over my best friend leaving again.

“Just give us some time ok?”

I heard Anna push Austin outside the room, Alan sat down on the bed and pulled me close to him.

“Talk to me Nyx.”

“The depressions back again, worse than it was before we came here, worse than that. That little voice is back to, like now. All those old feelings of having to leave you are back but worse, I don’t know what to do. Nothing works anymore, writing it all down every day like the doctor said doesn’t help anymore, if anything it makes it worse, just worse, and everything’s just getting worse. I don’t know how to deal with it.”

“Just calm down, calm down.” Alan kept rubbing my back, trying to calm me, soon I was calm. We hadn’t said anything just sat there, him taking care of me. Like always. I fell asleep soon.

--After Nyx wakes up, as written in her notebook—

I woke up, and it’s dark, I feel around for Alan, Austin, or Anna anyone. I’m alone. I sat up and turned on the light, I looked around and see that I’m in my room, but I fell asleep in Alan’s room, I then saw the notes on my pillow.

“Dear Best Friend,
I’m sorry I left without saying goodbye, but I didn’t want to wake you up, I know you were up all night last night working on the thing that Kingsley sent you after we got back from the Weasley’s, and your upset so you sleep, I know all of this. I just want you to know that I love you, and I will call you as soon as the show’s over tonight. I love you. Never forget that.
Love Loki”

I had tears streaming down my face, he’s gone. I then picked up the next one.

“Nyx!

We just wanted to say goodbye, and a major thanks for putting up with (those three losers Alan, Phil, and Austin), us for the past month and a half, (Austin), we can’t wait till we get to see you again, which is hopefully soon. (Call Austin if you ever want to hook up.) Call us if you ever need anything, and make sure you stay in touch.

Austin, UR BOI/UR BEARD/UR FAVORITE Tino, and Phil.”

It made me laugh, but the tears still kept coming. More and more, they started drowning me. He’s gone. He didn’t say goodbye. This is the mantra running through my head, he’s gone, he didn’t say goodbye. Over and over again. Oh hello depression. Thanks for making me feel ten times worse than what I really do, then that little voice. That little fucking voice in the back of my head saying that he didn’t care enough to say goodbye to me, which made me cry harder. The harder I cry, the louder that voice got. Telling me I’m not good enough, that I’m going to fail at the job, that Alan’s just never gonna come back to me because he doesn’t care about me anymore and that I’m not the same person I used to be. That even if I do like Austin that he’ll never like me back. It’s feeding all these goddamn self-doubts, the ones I ignore, the one’s I don’t listen to. But here they are, right back in my head, telling me everything that I used to believe about myself is all true, that I’m not a good person, that I’m a failure. I wonder……..

I shouldn’t give in to the thoughts running across my mind right now, but it’s so hard, it’s right in my hand. So sharp, so beautiful, just one small one, it’ll blend in with the others on my thigh. No one will notice…….

I can’t stop, I’ve started now I can’t stop, I need to stop, people are going to notice, there’s blood all over the sheets, I know I should stop, but I can’t…..

Its six a.m. now, people should be waking up soon, coming to get me, but I can’t stop. Just one more…..my visions going black………..
♠ ♠ ♠
Title/Summary Product of a Murderer- Of Mice & Men.

I only own Nyx and Anna, and the others that you've never heard of. Yeah those are my babys

p.s. The guys note. The only reason there is part in paranthese is cause I can't figure out how to cross it out (help would be rad for that man)

comments are the sex.