Weird Fishes

Arpeggi - Videogames, bathrooms and food

Lee hated tigers. Throwing the PS2 controller across the room, he screamed.

"HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, MOTHERFUCKING TIGERS GOT ME FOR THE FIFTH DAMN TIME!"

After this statement, he proceeded to slap his face with one of the couch's cushions, and then to fall on his knees on the sofa, ass up, face in the cushions, and to not move anymore. 

Mike took his chance and went to pick up the controller that lay on the rug, unplugged, to replug it in the PS2, and to choose "Try again" on the options displayed on the screen. Satisfied, he started to make Lara Croft run around in her old temple, being very careful about the tigers. 

Stuart opened the kitchen's door, in Jamie's mam old apron, a bowl full of a yellowish dough in a hand and a spoon stirring it in the other. 

"What's happening? Did someone die? Did someone decide to abandon the good old philosophy to have a bad ecstasy trip?"

Where does Stuart go find that, Mike thought.

"No no, Lee can't pass the first level of Lara Croft, that's all. Oooh oops, spider. Apparently the tigers keep attacking him without a second thought."

"Cruel." Stu said in one of his simple little sentences. "Ian isn't here?"

"Nah" Mike shrugged, making Lara jump on a platform and take a medikit. "Either in front of his mirror" he chuckled "Or he's probably at his mam's."

Stuart grunt, and took it back in the kitchen, and Mike heard the sound of Massive Attack being turned louder. 
Stuart and his weird music.

Lee whined in his cushion, as Mike killed the first tiger with an all-natural easiness.

The door of the house opened and they saw Jamie's familiar short figure appear in the doorframe, with his bags. Lee jumped out of the cushions.

"You got fish?" he asked eagerly. 

Jamie nodded.

"Two big trouts!"

Lee sighed in ease.

"Finally something else than pizza!"

"It's not the only thing!" Jamie exclaimed.

"What? You found radioactive salmons?" Mike asked, not detaching his eyes from the screen, taking the second tiger out in a matter of seconds. 

"No, better!" Jamie grinned, kicking his rubber boots off. "You can come in, Sean!"

The brown-haired boy stepped in awkwardly, in his soaked clothes, Jamie's coat on his shoulders. 

Lee opened wide eyes, and Mike paused the game. 

"A fan? I'm not eating a fan, Jamie!" Mike giggled. 

Jamie shook his head, grinning at the younger man.

"No, silly! He's drenched! Help him to get out of his clothes" 

Mike nodded, smiling, and went to assault a petrified Sean. Jamie leant in towards Lee, an anxious look suddenly spreading on his face.

"The boy tried to drown himself" he murmured in Lee's ear. 

Lee swallowed, and nodded, standing up to go drag a bare-torso Sean to the bathroom.

It was a small room. There were four little shelves on the wall, each covered in little bottles and pots. 
One was loaded in different aftershaves and creams, a precision razor, a bottle of disinfectant and a box of baby wipes. Another had a pair of glasses on it, a box of contact lenses, with the liquid to apply them, an electric razor, and a comb. The higher one had just shaving cream, a razor, a bottle of aftershave and a pot of cream for the hands. The lower one had the same shaving kit, along with a hairbrush, a comb, hairspray, untangling lotion for the hair, straighteners, three different eyeliners, a bunch of makeup crayons, and a box containing what looked like piercing rings. 

Sean took in all that, as Lee put his Lostprophets t-shirt in the sink. The blond young man smiled at the brunette, giving him a towel.

"Dry yourself and remove those pants. We'll go through Mike's clothes to dress you up... Seems he's the only one your size. Ian's clothes would have been perfect, but he lives at his mother's."

Sean nodded, half petrified by the fact he had face to him a member of the band he loved that had just been signed to some bigass American label-- or so he had read in Kerrang!.
Lee noticed Sean had been staring at the shelves.

"Interesting what you can learnt about someone looking at his bathroom products uh? The higher one is Mike's, then the one with all the makeup is Jamie's, and the glasses one is Stuart's, he's half blind" Lee chuckled. "And the last one is mine. My skin gets all red and dry when I shave. I need to put three different aftershaves..."

Sean smirked, frictionning himself with the towel, giving his jeans to Lee. The blond man nodded and put the trousers in the sink too. Then he pulled Sean out of the bathroom, dragging him into Mike's room. 

The wall above the bed was covered in posters. Star Wars, Metallica, and other geeky things. There were a guitar and a few piles of CDs against the wall. Sean smiled as Lee made his way into the cramped room to the wardrobe. He opened it and pulled out a simple black t-shirt, along with Mike's large dark jeans. A white belt was still passed in the belt buckles. Lee threw the clothes to Sean.

"There, put that on. Where do you live?"

"Merthyr..."

"You work?"

"Iceland." Sean said as he pulled the jeans on. 

Lee chuckled. 

"Ian and Mike used to work at Iceland too!"

"Really?" Sean asked. 

"Yeah... They're the most intellectually brilliant technically... That was before Ian got his graphic designer job, but until not long ago Mike still was a cashier." he mused. "You wanna stay the night? Ian and Chiplin are gonna come round."

Sean seemed taken aback.

"Uh, I... Yes... Thanks..."

"Actually, you can stay all that you like, we need company" Lee smiled, patting Sean's shoulder. "Oh and we're eating trouts tonight..." he said before exiting.

Well okay, Sean thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY READER!
Comment please? ;)


I like this story... I like the narration mode.