Weird Fishes

Arpeggi - Notes, trains and cuts

Jamie paced in the kitchen where Lee was writing down a riff he had just found.

"Lee, have you seen Sean?" he frowned.

"Mmm no..." Lee mumbled carelessly, focused on his riff. 

Jamie sighed exasperatedly. 

"Lee! Drop that pencil, it's important!"

Lee put the pencil down and turned towards Jamie, expecting one of the DJ's permanent mood swings.

"What now?"

"I can't find Sean and he doesn't answer when I call him! Stu is looking for him. His phone is here, all his stuff too! He's not at Ian's either!" Jamie twisted his hands. 

Lee bit his lip, walking out of the kitchen. 

"Shit..."

The blond man tucked a strand of hair behind his ear, and looked around the living room. 
He apparently spotted something because he walked towards the TV and picked up a piece of paper that sat on the Playstation. 

"Oh god, Jamie, take a look at this." he murmured in an emotionless voice.

Jamie rushed over and looked at the paper. A message was written on it. 

Dear Jamie, Lee, Mike, Stuart, Chiplin and Ian,

When you read this I'll hopefully be dead. It's not you guys' fault whatsoever, I guess I just can't live anymore. I'm done with it, I just want to die.  
Thank you for having made me live the happiest weeks of my life.
Between my Glassjaw shirt and my skeleton shirt in my suitcase, there's a letter to my friends and family, so if you could give it to them I'd be thankful. 

Love, Sean.


"Shit. Shit!" Jamie swore. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!"

His worries were realized : Sean was going to attempt to commit suicide and no one knew how nor where. Jamie had grown really attached to the boy. He was his friend! 

The phone rang.

"Oh fuck." Lee put his hands on his mouth. 

Jamie picked up feverishly.

"H-Hello?"

"Jamie!" Ian's voice gasped down the phone. 

"Yes?! What?!"

"I found Sean!"

"You... Really?! Oh holy mother of god thank you!" Jamie sighed in relief.

"The idiot was planning to jump in front of the train to Cardiff!" Ian growled. 

"Tell the little bastard he's worried us sick, we found his letter!" Jamie grumbled.

He heard Ian repeat the words, probably to Sean.

"Anyways, I'm taking him back to yours. We're here in five minutes."

--

Ian slapped Sean. 

"What do you think you're doing, exactly?" he barked. 

Sean looked at the ground. 

"You fucking idiot, do you ever use your brains? You've worried us so much!" 

Sean didn't answer. Ian sighed and knelt down on the couch next to him. 

"Sean. We care about you a lot. I... I care about you even more." Ian admitted. "Sean, you're a top dude. You're funny, you're nice, you're talented. You're... Beautiful." Ian said softly, putting his hand on Sean's shoulder. "Don't waste that. You have so much to offer. Your band... Didn't you tell me you started the band to... To give hope to people, like we had given hope to you?"

Silence.

"Where are they those promises now? What do they become if you off yourself?!"

Sean squeezed his eyes shut. 

"Tell me Sean! You have such a great potential! And you want it to disappear! Tell me why!" Ian gnashed. 

Silence, again.

"You're not fucking dumb, Sean! Answer me!"

"I just don't want to LIVE!" Sean barked. 

"Because you think you will rest when you're dead?! No shit man! Death, is not somewhere where you could even realise you're dead! Dying will not solve your problems!"

Silence. Ian sighed. 

"Come on, you're going to take a shower." 

He pulled Sean to his feet, and dragged him to the bathroom. The young man let himself do willinglessly. Ian pulled off the boy's shirt, and popped open the button of his jeans, pulling them down along his legs. 
That's when he saw it. 
Red stains on the white boxers. 

"What..."

Sean stepped back hurriedly. 

"It's nothing!"

Ian cornered him, angry-looking, and ripped down the boxers. 

"Fuck."

Around Sean's crotch, on his thighs and amongst the pubes, red marks and white scars were collected. Between his legs, in the V-shape, everywhere, infectious. 

"Fuck." Ian repeated, staring at the cuts. "Sean."

Sean collapsed and hid his face in his hands, willing to disappear from the face of the earth. 

"Fuck."
♠ ♠ ♠
ATTENTION READER!
Please be civilised and leave a comment! Thank you!


Blu bla blo