Scumbag

Three: I Understand The Fascination

Brian’s POV:

So I’d found out the hard way that my grandparents didn’t appreciate being lied to, and didn’t like how it seemed when I got out of a stranger’s car in the middle of the day. I didn’t really care, though. These were people I hadn’t seen since I was a kid and wouldn’t have bothered seeing if my parents hadn’t forced me to before going to college in London. I couldn’t wait to get there and emerge myself in that busy scene, the scene in Luxembourg being far too slow for my busy mind. I needed distractions. I needed to be surrounded by people.

It was for this reason I was glad I’d found a friend, of sorts, so suddenly in America. I hadn’t meant to even go out last weekend but I was bored, and the music coming from that dingy little club drew me in. Dixie was probably the strangest girl I’d ever met, and reminded me of myself just a little. She was the perfect balance between kind and just plain crazy. I wondered if it were possible for anyone to not just instantly adore every single aspect of her.

And so, I’d been in my grandparents’ spare room looking for an outfit for what felt like forever. My hair was dripping on my shoulders and making me shiver, but I wanted to look nice. Mike and Trè looked tough last weekend, and that Billie Joe guy hadn’t looked bad, either. I felt like I needed to dress up to fit in which was awkward, but I didn’t mind a little dressing up. I found a dark pair of skinny jeans and something that wasn’t a bright red cardigan this time which I promptly changed into before rushing back to the bathroom to dry my hair. If I left it to dry as it was I’d never get it looking nice. It’d curl in all the wrong directions around my face and stick out awkwardly, especially as I’d just washed it. I simply couldn’t have that. Dixie’s haircut was similar to mine though it looked much better on me. I thought she’d look nicer if she grew it out but probably older, too, and then perhaps funny standing next to Billie who looked to be around my age. Dixie was at least 5 years older, though it didn’t show in the way she acted. I found myself standing there smiling dumbly at my reflection as the idea of seeing her again tonight entered my thoughts once more.
It was a struggle, but I’d found the same street I’d lost myself down last weekend after only a little walking around looking lost. I followed the direction of the mohawks until I could hear the music, and then I followed that. I stood outside straightening down my hair with my hands for a few moments before I went in, walking straight up to the bar where I’d first met Dixie. She wasn’t there, but I could hear her screaming over the voices of many others.

“Fine Billie, do whatever the fuck you want then okay!?” She appeared a few moments later through the crowd and immediately got the bartender’s attention. I saw as she took a few shots before looking straight up at the lights and blinking away her tears. I was worried for her, I guess, which is why I got up to walk over and place my hand on her shoulder blade.

“Hey, are you okay?” I asked. Of course she wasn’t okay.

“Brian?” She took another look at me before getting up to pull me into a hug. “Oh Brian!” She was crying into my shoulder, but I didn’t mind.

“What happened?”

“Billie, he’s such an asshole,” she hissed through her sobbing. “He told me not to go skanking around which I don’t! I mean, just because I like to have a few drinks and flirt a little he thinks I’m sleeping with the whole town!” I didn’t know what to say to that. I barely knew her though she did come across a little as Billie had accused her of being. I thought it best not to mention that, however.

“Well don’t worry about him, yeah? He’s probably just jealous.”

“You… you think so?” She wiped her nose on the sleeve of her oversized jacket, which I guessed probably wasn’t hers, and a small smile graced her lips.

“Well he should be. You’re hanging out with the coolest guy in this joint,” I added, smirking, and her smile grew a little wider.

“Well, if you say so my dear!” She turned around to order a few more shots, sliding one towards me. “Drink up, my love. We’ll have a good night.”

It didn’t take Dixie very long to completely forget about her argument with Billie as his band’s set finished and she rushed backstage with me joint at her hand to greet him.

“Oh Billie, you were amazing!” she cried out as she leapt onto him and tied her legs around his waist.

“I’m sorry about what I said before. You know I didn’t mean it.”

“I knew you couldn’t find another girl if you tried, Billie Joe,” she teased, and he slapped her on the ass. I took it as my cue to turn away as they started making out rather passionately, making a few people in the room a little uneasy.

“They’re so strange,” Trè said, before continuing to pack up his drums. “I mean, I’ve never seen two people fight as much as they do, and continue to have mind-blowing sex.”

“How do you know it’s mind-blowing?” I asked, and Mike coughed.

“Well there was this one night, way back, when I spied her at the bar. I wanted a drink and she was more than willing to buy. I was probably the first in our little group to take her. Even Mike got a blowjob out of her before she started dating Billie.”

“Oh?” I didn’t know what to say to that. She felt so similar to me that it hurt, because I knew how she must have felt about her situation. I knew what it was like to play the whore that everybody liked, even if it was just for a little while.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was going to do this as each new chapter showing a different POV, but I think it'll work better mixed up. It's just annoying that "Brian" and "Billie" look so similar so please don't get lost with who's speaking :)