Scumbag

Four: Colour Me Stupid

Billie Joe’s POV

I was trying my hardest not to crack a smile as Dixie fell over Brian and straight into my dresser with her top over her head.

“Help?” she let out quietly, before erupting into a fit of giggles. I walked over and removed her top for her, standing myself between her and the other occupants of my room. Trè was sleeping over tonight and so things were a bit squished. Brian said he didn’t mind sharing a bed with someone, and Dixie offered to share with him. Of course, that was out of the question. She would be sharing with me as she always did, and Brian could put up with Trè’s wiggling and possible snoring. Brian had slept like a log last time he was over, so it would be interesting to see how that turned out. Or, perhaps I was the only one with a cruel mind. Dixie pushed me off of her chest and smiled at Brian as he winked at her, standing only in her bra. I didn’t know what to make of that, so I didn’t think about it for any longer than what was necessary.

It didn’t take long for everyone to get into a bed, which surprised me just a little. I turned the lights off and tried to make it out that I’d stepped on Brian’s leg by accident, but apologised anyway. I heard some giggling as I closed my eyes, and realised that it came from Brian on the floor.

“Please, Trè, stop tickling me!” He was just too adorable. I could see the appeal he might have to Dixie, and I’ll admit that it scared me just a little. I wasn’t ticklish at all.

“I’m not tired!” Trè screeched, before ruffling up his blankets. Brian giggled again. “Someone tell me a bedtime story.”

“There once was a boy named Trè who got tied up after he fell asleep because he wouldn’t stop making noise,” Mike groaned, and I heard as he turned around to face the wall.

“That story blows,” Trè said, before starting to tap on the metal frame of Mike’s bed.

“There was a little girl that no one knew the name of, who lived in a tiny town. It was the kind of town where everybody knew everybody, but still nobody knew her. She drowned in the pond beside the school one day, and people gathered as the pulled her body from the lake. She was bloated and blue, and it was the scariest thing many of the townspeople had ever seen.” Brian paused for a moment, but nobody dared to speak.

“Her grave was placed at the top of the hill at the cemetery and always, I’d wanted to go up there and read what her name was, but I never did. And so she’s still the nameless girl that drowned in the pond by the school to me, and to many others.”

“I don’t get it,” Trè said softly.

“You’re not supposed to get it. I never made my point.”

“Which was?”

“Never leave something unfinished. It’ll haunt you forever. Sometimes, I can feel her. I can feel her cold little fingers tracing patterns on my skin…” It was only a moment later that Trè screamed and rose from his place on the mattress to turn on the light, clawing at the skin at the back of his neck as Brian sat up with a devilish expression plastered onto his face.

“It was too easy,” Brian teased, before laying back down and closing his eyes. Dixie shivered beside me.

“Was that a real story?” she asked, and Brian shrugged.

“Kind of. A girl did drown in the pond by my school, but I knew her name.” He sighed and hugged his pillow a little closer to his body. “It was Samantha Cross.”

It took a while before Trè was settled again, but he eventually calmed down enough to turn off the light and let everyone else get to sleep. I wondered exactly how he’d get Brian back for his little stunt. Trè could be particularly nasty when he felt like it.
“Trè, we got him like that last week,” Dixie whined, shoving him lightly, but he wasn’t listening. He seemed to think of his plan as ingenious.

“What, so you’re telling me it wouldn’t shock him again to wake up kissing a guy? I missed his reaction last week.” Trè’s crooked smile showed his excitement. I didn’t say anything as I saw the corner of Brian’s mouth twitch into the tiniest smile before he hid it again. I was suddenly very interested in Trè’s little plan. He carefully sat on Brian’s middle and that smile appeared again, but it seemed I’d been the only one to notice. I watched as Trè leaned in a little closer until his lips were against Brian’s, and his hands sprung from beneath the blanket to wrap themselves in Trè’s hair. I felt myself getting hot as Brian’s tongue darted out to lick at Trè’s lips, who of course backed away before anything else happened. There was a short moment of silence as Brian sat up and smirked right in Trè’s face, before laughter erupted throughout my bedroom.

“That was hot,” Dixie said after her shrill laughter had been the last to die down. Brian shrugged and pushed Trè aside so he could get up.

“You don’t catch me twice with the same joke. I’ve been up for a while.”

“How long?” I asked.

“A while.” I dreaded what he’d heard, then, in the wee hours of the morning. My mind instantly went back to the conversation I’d had with Dixie as we were still lying in bed half asleep when things somehow drifted to the pretty stranger lying on my bedroom floor and what we might have done to him if we were single. It was okay to be taken and perverted if you were being perverted together. We’d always checked out other guys together though admittedly, they were never people we knew in the slightest. I was thankful that Dixie had told me she’d have to be pretty drunk to fuck Brian; he simply wasn’t her type. I wondered how she felt about me finding him attractive. I really hoped he’d been asleep through that entire conversation, though I guess it’d do him good to know that Dixie wasn’t interested even if she sometimes suggested otherwise. I remember on the ride home they were holding hands in the back of my car, which I didn’t mind at the time because I was too drunk to pay much attention to it. Brian smiled kindly at me as he got up and left the room with everyone else, and my gut immediately flipped. He hadn’t smiled at me quite like that before. He knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
2 whole subscribers! I feel like this might have done better if it were Billie Joe/OMC, but whatever.

I'd like to know if you're reading this for Brian or for Billie, or for both ;)