Scumbag

Five: Cold Hard Bitch

Brian’s POV

Hanging out with Dixie and the guys had become that of a regular thing for me; I was walking down Dixie’s drive when I heard her screech from behind me.

“Brian, you came!”

“It’s your birthday. Of course I bloody came!” She ran up and hugged me, taking my hand and leading me to the back of her house where others had gathered. I’d never been to her house before, but it looked rather nice. She even had a pool, which to my surprise no one was in. It wasn’t exactly the weather for it, I guess, but it was a party after all. Perhaps people would jump in later. I hoped so, anyway. I was about to hand Dixie her present when she ran off to greet someone else, so I left it on the table beside her backdoor where a few others had left theirs. She’d get to it eventually, and I’d only bought her chocolates. I wasn’t sure what else might be appropriate, considering she had Billie Joe to buy her anything pretty she might desire. He was sitting with Mike by the pool so I decided I’d join them, because they were the only others I knew that were coming. I guess I knew Trè, too, but not as well. He wasn’t always around and when he was, he seemed to be in his own little world. I didn’t much care for his world.

“Dixie said you were coming later,” was all Billie said as I sat down in a chair beside Mike, which kind of upset me. So, it was more than clear he didn’t like me. I knew why. It didn’t take an idiot to know that flirting with someone’s girlfriend would result in pissing them off. But it wasn’t like that, really. It wasn’t like I fancied her at all; she was just fun to flirt around with. Maybe if Billie flirted with her more she wouldn’t see the need to play about with me so often. He looked away and I would have died to say that to him right then and there, but Dixie came up to sit on his lap. Besides, it was probably a bad idea.

“So where’s my present, Beebee? Hmm?” she teased, poking him in the side and still getting no response. If that were me I would have screamed like a girl and kicked someone in the face out of reflex.

“I’ll give it to you later, okay?”

“Oh.” She touched the tip of her nose a few times and winked across at him. He let a small smile creep onto his lips.

“Not like that. That was a given, was it not?” She smiled then too, and kissed him in a way that made both Mike and I look away. He rolled his eyes and I giggled, because he could be so melodramatic sometimes.

“Let’s go get a beer, Brian,” Mike said, rising from his chair as Dixie moved to straddle Billie Joe. I nodded my head in agreement then, and followed him to the other side of the yard. “They can be so disgusting sometimes.”

“They’re only kissing,” I muttered.

“You call that ‘only kissing’?” he asked, and pointed in their direction. I looked over again to see Dixie dry humping Billie in his chair, his hands on her ass beneath her skirt, and then noticed as the chair began to lift up at the front just a little. Then I waited. The look on Billie’s face was priceless as he realised they were falling backwards, and I couldn’t help the obnoxious laugh that left me as they both fell into the pool. Mike chuckled a little, and handed me a beer.

“She’ll be so pissed now, and it was her own fault.” Mike called it. The first thing she did when she surfaced from the water was to turn to Billie and slap him loud enough to turn a few heads.

“What the fuck was that for?” Billie yelled, looking for a moment like he was going to hit her back, but had decided against it.

“You got me all wet!”

“No, you got me all wet. You were the one sitting on me!”

“I don’t fucking care. It’s my birthday so it’s your fault!” She splashed water in his face before turning to climb out, with the help of one of her friends. She stalked off into her house, slamming the door behind her, and Billie just stayed in the pool.

“He should probably stop her before she gets herself angrier and comes back for him,” Mike commented, and I thought I might go myself. I didn’t want her to be upset on her birthday.

“I’ll be right back,” I said, resting my beer on the table and entering Dixie’s house. I followed the wet footsteps into what I assumed was her bedroom where she was standing in her underwear, her soaking clothes at her feet.

“He’s such an asshole!” she yelled, as if she wanted him to hear her. “Now I have nothing to wear.”

“It’s not the end of the world. I’m sure you have plenty of nice things to wear,” I said, and opened up her wardrobe. It wasn’t as organised as it could have been, but there certainly were clothes in there… somewhere. “Here, what about this?” I said, pulling out a yellow dress and holding it in front of her figure.

“Brian, it’s yellow. I haven’t worn that colour in years.”

“Okay then what about…” I had to get on my knees to pull something else out from under all the other junk she had stored in there. I was moving belts, shoes, and a heap of books but she didn’t seem to mind. I found a nice little black number on a hanger at the back once I could get inside, and handed that to her without a word because I knew it was just perfect.

“I thought I’d lost this!” she exclaimed, a bright smile filling her face. I got up and she hugged me, which of course was the perfect time for Billie Joe to walk in. We parted, and her bra had left wet patches on my shirt. I knew I was blushing. Billie took a look at my chest, but didn’t say anything. I walked out as Dixie stood there rather quiet all of a sudden, and Billie stayed in there with her.

“Why do you have to be such a tramp?” Billie hissed, which I’d overheard as I walked away. Okay, so, that was pretty harsh. She hugged me. That wasn’t exactly a crime. I imagined as her face turned red once more this afternoon and she slapped him yet again, but I didn’t hear the sound. Instead, her bedroom door flew open a few moments later and a very upset girl in a beautiful dress came rushing out. I wanted to follow her, but I thought of a better idea. I slipped inside her room and closed the door behind me, because things were going to get nasty.

“How dare you talk to her like that,” I said, prodding a finger at Billie Joe’s chest. I wasn’t sure if he was the type to hit someone, or the type to scream and yell. I was almost always the latter because I knew I was as weak as I looked. Billie Joe was only about the same tiny size as I was, but I knew he’d win if we started anything physical. The look in his eye told me to duck and run for cover, but I stood my ground.

“How dare I? How dare I? How dare you!? You prance around with her right under my fucking nose. I’m not blind, you know!”

“I don’t see her in that way. It’s nothing but a bit of harmless flirting!”

“She’s not into you!”

“I don’t care who she’s into! And if that’s the case, why are you so bothered by it!?” He had nothing to say then. His cheeks flushed pink and he turned around, and I smiled that smug smile of mine.

“Just fuck off before I do something stupid, would you?”

“Oh, you’ll have to ask nicer than that,” I replied. He turned around and before I had time to think about whether I wanted to stop him or not, he pressed his lips to mine. I tried not to melt as he moved his hands up the back of my shirt, and tried not to just die, right there, as Dixie walked back into the room and my eyes open wide in shock had seen her face turn from pissed off to hurt to pissed right off in an instant. I pushed Billie away, and tried to think of something, anything, to say. Though, Dixie wasn’t looking at me. Her focus was on Billie, whose focus was on me until Dixie came up and slapped him again. I took a step out of the room to have the door slammed in my face, missing my nose by half an inch. My legs got me back to where Mike was sitting outside, where I found my beer again and sat rather quietly as Mike looked over at me funny.

“Is she okay?”

“We’ll see.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooo, 3 whole subscribers! :P Brian isn't very popular here... I doubt any of you are Placebo fans :P
So, thanks for giving this a shot even though you couldn't care less about the Brian character ;) Haha

He's in so much trouble.