Status: hiatus :(

Turn Around

Cloud-up

All the things we talk about,
You know they stay on my mind


At times having friends is great. Friends are people you are happy with, you enjoy being with them almost anytime. When you're fooling around and they don't care, as they're almost exactly the same as you.

Sometimes people prefer a larger group of friends. They like to befriend and be befriended. Having a big crowd around you all as friends can be quiet an advantage. Several people give you several pointers and opinions. Though bigger doesn't always mean closer.

A few people love better with only a couple of friends. They're near and dear to each other. Maybe once in a while spending time with others but with mere acquaintances. Sometimes these people only have on or two best friends. These are the ones who rarely believe in the term 'the more, the merrier'.

Very little, but there are still a few, people aren't fond of friends. Or being close to others than their own relatives. Maybe it's because they don't trust easily, or don't appreciate the extra attention or simply enjoy being alone. Whatever the reason these people have only a couple to no friends. If you could even call them that.

Somehow I fell in between the latter two. It had been that way in the past two and a half years. Being in the company of others hadn't always been my favourite pastime but I honestly did miss having at least one person you could count on.

"Do you like it?"

The familiar voice snapped me out of my pondering head. I lifted my gaze from the half eaten lasagna on the plate to my best friend. "Yeah it's good," I muttered. Nadine's smile faded a tad. "I missed your cooking, really. I've just-I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude."

Her big brown eyes stared through me. She placed her fork down and clasped her hands together, elbows on table. Just like Liam's beautiful girlfriend had. "What's on your mind? You've been out of it lately."

We locked gazes. It had been ages since I'd done that with someone I did care about. Nadine was the one friend who didn't care what happened in my life, didn't mind what I'd done wrong just as long as I tried to fix my mistake, didn't care how rich my parents were or who my brother was. She simply didn't give one damn for any of those things. Just as long as I was a truthful person. Friend.

Unashamed to admit it, I was never a social butterfly. I had close friends here and there but there came the time when we faded apart. Over the course of the past years I walked in and out of friendships. Same with relationships, but I didn't care for those much.

Nadine was the only ever person I'd stayed friends with. We met in grade three when we were assigned seats. We became friends since then and never once did we leave each other. Of course she moved out of the country. And I was left for myself.

Halfway through my sixteenth year of life, I gained friends popularity even. But once I realized the girls were only after my brother or most likely his fame, I shut down any means of having friends.

"It sounds stupid."

She laughed. God how much I despised her laugh. It was light and soft. Melodic even. But once she was on a laughter high, it sounded like a choking seal. It wasn't pretty.

"Christie sweetheart," she said, "I'm sure I've heard stupider things. And since it's a sleepover we've got all night."

I was reluctant to spill out my life to her. Considering the past year I'd be expected to be grateful for what I had. There was nothing for me to complain about. But a certain member of a band had got the wires in my brain all in the wrong spots.

Nadine rolled her eyes. "Chris. We haven't seen each other in two years. I know you hate confrontations but I'm your best friend. If you've started drugs I'll help you stop.."

With a frown I opened my mouth to object but she stopped me. "..if you had a night out and now have to serve a baby Christie, I'll make sure I become the godmother."

No matter how strange that sounded I snickered. "It's not that big, Jesus."

"Then what's he done to brainwash you? Must be pretty damn special."

Or pretty damn stupid. He had simply grabbed my hand to lead me out of the tense throng of fangirls. He simply smiled at me and introduced himself. He merely shook my hand and waved. He was simply himself.

What had begun as a small distraction from one flirty line became a tiny crush. That crush then transformed into a short flirting friendship. An infatuation now may have occurred but I hoped that it couldn't go more than that. It was a mere crush.

"And he was simply the enemy." Her eyes grew big. Her mouth opened wide. I hadn't intended to say that aloud but there it was for the whole world to take knowledge from. "He confuses me because his band is opposing Leo's."

"Ugh, honey," she patronized. "Don't waste your time on Leo. If you're in love with the lad-no fine if you fancy him, your brother's opinion should matter."

There it was again. It sounded so simple but wasn't.

"Now finish your lasagna so we can hire a few films. Buy ice cream, watch chick flicks and be anti-feminists for once in our lives." That didn't sound like such a bad idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
:3