Status: hiatus :(

Turn Around

Figures

I took for granted what you do,
But I'll do better.


Ni: hey u wanna hang out today?

Me: kinda busy, sorry Niall

Ni: that's ok call me when ur free!

I ended the text conversation right there, not even bothering to say I will. It hasn't occurred to me that he'd pursue after myself after that lunch with the rest of the band and the other girls. I had an extremely lovely time, to say the least. 

I continued gasping the phone in my hand, secretly wishing he'd call me or at least send another message. With a sigh, I locked it and snuggled even closer to the corner of the 'L-shaped' sofa. I unlocked it again to stare at the past text conversations.

But I simply wasn't ready to see him yet again. I had several options and I chose the one where I'd be happy and so would Niall. The one where there wouldn't be anybody else who'd be pleased other than the two of us. The only one where I was going against anything I believed in - or I was supposed to believe in anyway. 

The minute I stepped out of Harry's car to walk to the front door, I knew exactly where I saw myself. Where I wanted to stand. Whom I wanted to stand beside. It may had been an actual decision or it could've simply been an out-of-the-blue thought right after spending time with him.

"What have ya got there?" a voice asked from behind me. I turned around to see a cheek grin upon my best friend's face. "Who's the cute blondie?"

Feeling the warmth spread from my cheeks all the way to the tip of my ears, I shoved the phone underneath me. "Classmate," I mumbled.

She laughed. "As if. You don't go to college anymore love." She jumped up and leaped over the back of the couch to sit by my side. The failed action move made me laugh. She playfully slapped my arm as if she was insulted.

"Sorry," I snapped putting my arms up in the 'don't hurt me' position.

"Whatever." She pulled her knees in under her bum and faced me. "So tell me about Ni...is that really his name? He looks adorable." I frowned at her choice of words. "Stop being a tosser and give me some details. I want to know who's fancying my best friend." She then chose to pinch my cheeks as a sign of affection.

I scowled at her. "Stop it Nadine. The biggest detail here is that we aren't dating."

It seemed as if she had stopped breathing for a second. Her facial features contorted into multiple different emotions before her lips parted to say her opinion. "I-what?" But that wasn't what eve happened - she merely had begun to laugh. I watched her with confusion until her hysterics vanished.

"What's-"

She disrupted me, "What's so funny? What's so funny is that you're so into him yet you two aren't even dating."

I frowned at her statement but didn't make a move to disagree. What she said was complete true so there was no point in denying. But that didn't mean I had to show it to the world.

It didn't feel right to confess all these dilemmas to Nadine whom I hadn't seen in years. Texting the boy who was constantly on my mind came off as quiet rude for me. I didn't want to be the girl who repetitively vented to her best friend about relationship problems.

Though I never dreamed that I'd ever be the girl to have male predicaments. I never thought that I'd be the first one to break and begin disputes with my own self. Niall was truthfully a winsom blessing but he had brought with him so many complications inside my thoughts.

I stared back at Nadine who had a thoughtful expression on. "That-you're," she paused pursing her lips together, "You seem to think about him a lot. Is it that bad?"

I laughed. "I wouldn't have a problem being with him if-if it wasn't so hard." Before I even let myself think about it, I blurted out the idea that had been in my head, "Do you wanna meet Niall?"

Her eyes widened as I announced his name. She slipped her hand beneath me and in a flash had my phone in her hand. Her fingers were quick to work out my passcode but that wouldn't have been difficult for anyone.

I lashed out at her to snatch the device but she raised her hand. I eventually gave up and allowed her to continue whatever she was meant to do. "No wonder I thought he was familiar," she murmured.

"You know him?"

Nadine scoffed. "The English women out there who have no idea about the existence of Niall Horan and his bandmates must be confined in extreme conditions." I shrugged my shoulders and she sighed. "The band that Leo hates."

I nodded knowing that there was no need for an explanation. It was all pretty straightforward of you figured out the situation. "Then, yes, I'd like to meet the lad."
♠ ♠ ♠
Haven't updated in a week (hate me, please)