Status: hiatus :(

Turn Around

Beguile

I know everyone gets scared
But I've become what I can't be


I felt a light object hit the apple of my cheek but I ignored it. Another thing hit the side of my face though I resisted the urge to investigate and continued to watch the movie being played. It was one of my favourite scenes and I wasn't going to let a minor joke help with removing my eyes from the television screen. 

A whisper floated through the atmosphere. I curled my toes in annoyance and clenched my jaw together. A small thing flew in front of me and landed somewhere on the floor beside the sofa. It was probably popcorn being thrown by a certain someone. Something hit my nose and I glanced down to see several kernels, freckled across the pillow on my lap. Inhaling deeply I tried not to let this irk me, knowing it'd frustrate Niall, but I wasn't sure how long my tolerance would last. 

More popcorn was thrown. Most hit my face. The movie's protagonist most important scene was on but all I saw was flying popcorn. Eventually feeling anger course within me, I snapped my gaze away from the film and glared at the boy. "Do you mind?" I exclaimed. 

Guilt was written harshly across his apologetic face. His lips curved down into a cute pout and it made my walls melt down. A smile replaced my frown as he began grinning once more. "I don't mind actually." I almost slapped his knee but his hand grabbed mine before I could. "You," he began, "don't wanna hurt me do you?"

I rolled my eyes. It was a safer gesture to answer with because I knew he was right. I couldn't hurt him if a fully loaded cocked gun was pressing hardly against the side of my head. But he didn't need to know that as that would only be feeding his ego, that already knew how he controlled me. "You think you're so cute, don't you?"

He scoffed. "I don't know," he said leaning forward towards me, folding his legs in front of him. His grin contorted into a self satisfied smirk and I was tempted to leave. "What do you think Chris?" he mocked me. 

I flicked the top of his cute button nose, glaring harshly at him. Once he was taken aback I flipped back to the television and ignored him. He was ruining my movie watching moment. I felt a nudge on my shoulder and I shrugged off his hand. "Stop it," I hissed.

The next I felt was something soft and feathery-like near my chin and underneath my jaw. It was pressing against the crook of my neck and then in a second, something warm and smooth touched my shoulder. My eyes fell shut and a shudder fizzed through me. Dear lord, he was kissing my shoulder. 

"Niall," I moaned. 

He hummed and the vibration from his mouth sent endless shivers within every cell of my body. It wasn't a wonder anymore why their management and security were so hard on the fans; I didn't think those girls would've been able to control themselves. These boys were absolute heartbreakers and I just happened to be a very fortunate girl to be experiencing the deadly skills of Niall Horan himself.

Before I let the insensible eighteen year old side of me maneuver my actions, I bent down my head and pulled away from the touch of Niall. I softly shoved him down onto the couch and laughed when he voluntarily lay down, winking suggestively. Under different circumstances I would've happily teased this boy and crawled on top of his hips but not when my best friend was just in the other room. 

He reached up to grab my leg and I reflexively, and accidentally, kicked his stomach to shake off his hold. "Ugh," he groaned clutching his belly. I felt my eyes bulge out of their sockets and I immediately scrambled to his aid. Without noticing, I had straddled his thighs and had my hand on his lower stomach, dangerously close to where little Horan was situated. "I quiet like this position, babe."

I scrunched up my nose. "You're disgusting Nialler." I slapped his belly. He oof-ed and even though I shouldn't be feeling guilty, I did and apologized profusely to him. 

"Come 'ere and kiss me so I can feel better." His hands had cunningly wound their way around my waist and he was pulling me down inch by inch - without letting me know about it. This Irishman was damn sneaky. 

Giving in to his beautiful azure stare, I flicked his cute button nose before lightly kissing him on the lips. His grip around my torso tightened and I knew where this small peck would lead. I groaned in protest and surprisingly, he actually disconnect our lips and liberated my body.

I heard a snicker from somewhere around the room and I immediately popped my head up. I glared at my giggling best friend. "Can you guys please not do this in my flat? I don't want the place to smell like love making juice, right? Plus I hate PDA, you know that," she whined with a slight smile upon her lips.

The latter part of her small spiel was actually true. Nadine was always one to express her despise with publicly affectionate couples. It's disgusting, she always used to say and I respected her opinion; completely agreeing with it too.

There was a series of knocks on the flat door and we all flicked our attention to the crying door. Before I was able to gather my thoughts together and regain my common-sense to lift myself up from Niall, Nadine was already by the wide opened door. I couldn't breathe for several seconds. "Hi sweetie, hi Nadine. And...Niall Horan?"

No, no.

My breathing eventually came back and I hurriedly scrambled from atop the blond lad and straightened myself up. She couldn't have seen that, right? My mother wasn't supposed to know about Niall and I. After that lunch date with him and the rest of the boys, I had told her that it was a one time thing and was only for publicity for my brother. Of course she had believed me and agreed that it was for the best anyway. 

Now she had just witnessed me straddling a member of the enemy brigade. I didn't think that her constant pulling and tugging for me to start dating would be a good excuse. Niall and Leo were meant to be friends, not me. I had lied to my mum and there was nothing to save me from her wrath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the two week wait! I haven't really had the motivation to write lately but maybe it's coming back. Oh and I think I'm patching up things with my crush :3 I hope things aren't awkward betweens us. Sorry, sorry, sorry!