Status: hiatus :(

Turn Around

Smile

hundreds of girls screaming for you
but still I was the one in your eyes?


I blew the runaway strand of hair out of my face as I impatiently watched the boys waddle through the thick crowd of young girls. Though I couldn't say much about their age, some were my age and a few were even older. The thought sickened me to know there were actually women who wasted their time idolizing a younger four piece band who wasn't even sure of their existence. 

At the very least, the throng of fangirls decided not to let the squeals and shrieks escape their open mouths and physically show their bubbling excitement. My ear still stung and cowered in fear whenever one of them even stepped within the imaginary one meter square I had created around me. I made it my task to attempt to not get injured during this occasion. 

"Leo, please marry me," a frantic looking brunette screamed with such frustration. "Please!"

The girl next to her said, "He is so sweet and romantic, right? He's so flawless."

I rolled my eyes at their wild behavior, smirking to myself - if they could only meet the true self of the supposedly amazing Leo of the great band. Or any of his other friends in fact. I was one hundred percent sure that all these fans would begin doubting their so-called perfect boy group. 

The large mob began to disperse as the day came to an end, the sun slowly falling down hidden behind the line of trees reducing my eyesight. It was one of the things I loved and hated about this place. The greenery of it but the point that it hid the setting sun, damaged my sudden fondness of it. 

It wasn't long before I had the capability to enter the car and I slammed the door shut with eagerness. Though most of the girls had disappeared off, a few had still been wandering aimlessly around the place and I was relieved about being in the trustworthy confines of this vehicle. It frustrated me to no end why fans just couldn't seem to get enough of their idols. 

"Thank god. I though it'd never end," I muttered dropping my head backwards onto the head of the seat. 

Andrew chuckled. "What? Why?"

Closing my eyes, I let out a deep meaningful breath before replying: "How do you put up with them? They're crazy as."

A hand ruffled the top of my head and I immediately slapped it away. "Someone's not in a good mood," he teased. 

"Yeah? Don't even think about dragging me into anymore of your public appearances," I snapped back. "If you do - I swear to god, you'll regret ever being born."

The boys remained silent after that. Even though I was the only female species in that little friendship circle - if you could call it that since I would've been more than happy to give them away, no charge needed - they knew I wouldn't joke around with something like that. If I was mad, I was mad. There was no other way to explain it. 

"But what about the music festival?"

I tried hard not to bite off the fingers tapping my shoulder. "I don't know. Just make them stay...away...from me."

• • •


The chorus of 'She Will Be Loved' slipped slowly through my ears, calming me down. I stretched out my fingers before placing them flat on my full stomach. I sang along with Adam Levine gently rubbing the bare skin trying to soothe myself after consuming multiple tacos.

I sighed with undeniable irritation as the next song played mercilessly and I quickly grabbed hold of the phone laying beside me. Practically jabbing the screen with my index finger, I found a suitable song. 

"Let's blame it on September...mmhmm...to hold on but August is gone...lose it all cause no summer lasts forever, blame...mmhm," I hummed along to it whilst deciding to check on my twitter account. 

I hadn't visited the tweeting site lately as all I've been seeing are updates after updates about my sleazy brother and his friends. But what else did I have in mind? I was his sister of course.

The next song made me wince but I didn't bother to change it. Going through my recent interactions, only one caught my eye. It was the second follow I received today.

@NiallOfficial has followed you.

A tingle of shock coursed through me but that didn't prepare me for what my gaze froze on next. 

@NiallOfficial 
@crispychristie hey love, how are you?follow back maybe ;)


I was suspicious about how he knew I had a twitter account and of the extra wink smiley face he added at the end but then I reassured myself that it was simply a typo. Why would Niall even consider begin flirting with me? Even sending me a friendly wink? Specially when I had just met the boy today. 

Though no matter how much I attempted to convince myself it's just a mistake, I couldn't shake the odd sense of giddiness rising within me. I knew my brother had the chance to check my Twitter profile but who was he to stop me tweeting the boy who saved me from his wild fans? And without any further hesitations, I obeyed to his question. 

@NiallOfficial followed! Had fun watching you guys rehearse today. And I'm well thanks, you?

The beep of my phone symbolized a new message and I realized he had replied almost instantly - though not through mentions but using direct messaging. Absentmindedly, I answered the message with a smile playing upon my lips. 

I should know better...
♠ ♠ ♠
Apologies if it isn't long enough. Once again, written on my
iPod. Ugh. But I like how this is going at a reasonable pace. Not something I can do with my writing often. Enjoy :)