Status: hiatus :(

Turn Around

Problem

I knew it wasn't gonna be easy,
Didn't expect it to be this complicated


A string of profanities slipped out from the small gaps of my gritted teeth as I continued to pull violently on my jeans. I jumped countless times before the waistband of the pants finally found their place around my waist. I breathed out a sigh of relief, loosening my top and slid on a light grey jacket. The time on my phone told me I was five minutes later than I planned to be as I scrutinized my appearance in front of the full-length mirror. "It'll do," I muttered eventually.

I slammed my bedroom door shut and cringed at the loud noise it produced. I caught sight of my mother immediately, as her head poked out from one of the doors. "Try not to break down doors while you're there sweetheart. Have fun." I meekly nodded as a habit listening to only half of the things she told me. "Shoes," she noted before stepping back into the room.

There was no debate about which shoes I was going to use as I eyes my favored pair of ankle boots propped against the pale wall. I bent down to collect them and trailed my hand along the surface of the cabinet to sweep up my car keys and phone. "Bye!" I exclaimed then raced down the pathway avoiding any added conversations.

The engine roared to life and it eventually calmed into a smooth hum as I clutched the stick to move it. I reversed down the driveway, darting my eyes sideways to check the sidemirror and rareview mirror for any passing cars before driving onto the road. Not that I had any problems as we lived in a quiet neighborhood without many strangers visiting.

Fortunately, the route to the music festival wasn't hard to follow - thanks to my productive skills, allowing myself to learn the way before the actual day so I wouldn't have had difficulties finding a parking space. I could've gone to the event with the boys but I decided against it, not wanting the unnecessary attention from their deluded teenage fans and the obnoxious paparazzi. Being forced to be in a picture was one thing but cameras flashing in your eyes without your permission was another story.

I hadn't realized that I had entered the festival grounds until the familiar screams managed to slither through the walls of my car. I parked right across the street with ease but that was not much of a shock since I was around half an hour early. I could've arrived here earlier if it wasn't for my lack of clothing choices.

Shoving the keys into the pocket of my jacket and clicking the button together, I made my way around the venue already knowing where the stage was as it's set right in the middle of the chaos. It wasn't hard to spot my brother and the other lads because they were surrounded by a group of fans - they swallowed the attention like a hungry baby would with its mother's milk. As they usually were. I waved their way and surprisingly enough, the fans separated allowing me to walk to Leo.

"Hey sis," he said spreading out his long arms. I accepted his embrace because no matter how cocky he was, he'd always be my stupid older brother. I did the same to each of his friends, wishing them all a good luck.

Hayden snickered, "It's gay direction who need the luck." I chose to ignore his comment seeing as my arguments did nothing to lessen the amounts of insults that escaped their mouths.

Speak of the devil, I thought to myself as I looked up to find the recently spoken of band having their soundcheck up on the stage - the band that also contained a certain Irish who I had been conversing with for the past two days right after I'd follows the demand for me to follow him back. He glanced at my direction and sent a wink. I thanked whoever was up in heaven for not letting anyone catch my blush. There was no point in denying the fact that I fancied Niall Horan and he also knew it.

My brother visited my account the same night and the short Twitter chat we shared caught his attention in a very negative way. He called me up in the middle of the night demanding for me to avoid Niall at a costs. Of course in that exact moment, I was still continuing on to talk with the forbidden. Leo didn't know my password so he wouldn't know about my late night and early morning chat with Niall.

Of course, I knew he was flirting with me because he probably thought I was a fan of his. It was part of his job description to make nice with the girls who idolized him. I gazed up once more only to see his thumb pointing towards the back of the stage in a suggestive notion. The idea was ridiculous as I had no doubt my brother would find out the minute I leave Niall again. I though it wouldn't be so difficult avoiding my brother's orders as he was a jerk but it was.

I meekly shook my head, turning down the offer about spending time with him. Niall merely nodded as if he understood what I meant. Maybe I'd accept his offer later on, after the festival was over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it long? Short? I don't know because it's written on my
iPod...again! Hope you guys like it though :)