Status: hiatus :(

Turn Around

Against

My mind told me not to go,
But something else disagreed


The boys headed off to the side of the stage, preparing for their performance. I only hoped that they weren't going to be the rude, ill-mannered jerks they were when around their relatives. I could only hope that they would at the very least respect the other artists who were also going to perform after them, specially the One Direction boys.

When the fans dispersed to allow the boys to move through, one of the girls caught my eye and I attempted to hide a cringe as they all walked towards me. I readied myself for intense interrogation and hardened my immune system. There was nothing more frustrating than fangirls crowned around you, not really caring about you, but rather your brother.

"Isn't your brother sexy?" one asked, looking around twelve years old. I grimaced at her question wondering why her parents hadn't thrown her into a correctional facility.

Another girl freely draped an arm over my shoulders as if she though I wouldn't mind. I bit my tongue to stop profanities and insults traveling from my brain out of my lips. "I bet he's an amazing brother."

I snorted and they all glanced harshly at me. "I mean yeah he's good to me, he's nice but sometimes he gets on my nerves. But don't all brothers?" They all nodded in agreement and I mentally snickered. He was a fairly good brother but as a person, he was far from amazing.

"Do you use your brother for fame?"

Gasps echoed all around me beginning several arguments between the fans. They were all around bickering with themselves, swearing and insulting the other; some merely tried to stop the fight, saying we shouldn't judge people because we didn't know them. I was honestly glad that they were standing up for me but all I wanted was to squeeze myself from the attention.

A familiar rhythm streamed through the speakers set on and below the stage before the fans lost interest in me and ran forwards with screams and shouts of joy. I followed them through the thick crowd, dodging people and sometimes being shoved aside just so I was able to see both boy bands perform up close.

To be honest, I really minded concerts. It was most likely the atmosphere that bothered me; the shrill screams of high pitched voices; the loud music thumping from the speakers; the lights constantly changing and moving; the bodies jumping, dancing and sweating. Either that, or the venue annoyed me. I was a tad claustrophobic so I guessed that my condition had something to with my dislike of concerts.

The first chorus of 'One Thing' ended and the next solo was my favourite since it was dear Niall's. There was simply something about his voice that won over the other boys'. Maybe it was the accent dripping from the words or the surprise - he already had deep blue orbs, an amazingly sweet smile and a cute face though somehow god had also gifted him with a great singing voice.

The very next song was by my brother's band and it irritated me to no end. I'd heard the same song being played too many times for my liking. It had been constantly playing on the radio, I had to suffer through practices when they'd sing it, girls yelled it whenever I went out. The song had practically been burned into my mind - even when I was listening to other music, that song would always be faintly repeating in the back of my mind. It was sweet but too infectious.

They eventually made their way off the stage, only to meet the fans again. More girls had come during the performance and I was actually surprised at how many people had showed up. But why would I be? Considering that Europe's two biggest bands had been invited to the event.

I caught Niall's eyes before he walked behind the back of the stage. That was probably another sign for me to meet with him. For a few moments, I pondered about my choices wondering if Leo would find out but I shrugged it off. So going against all my instincts telling me to turn back, I roamed my eyes around making sure nobody was watching me before my feet led me to him.

"So you came," he mused with a cheeky grin.

I eagerly accepted his outstretched hand, slipping my fingers through his, not bothering to erase my widened smile which was hurting my jaw. I thought about out current situation wondering where we stood.

Niall squeezed our hands together whole speaking. "What are you thinking about?"

"This." I gestured to our entwined hands. "What exactly are we?" My own question scared the living daylights out of me. I had no doubt about my feelings for Niall but, with the brother dilemma and my own relationship fears, I never planned what we had to be any more meaningful than flirting. I had never expected it to be this way.

"We don't have to be anything," he murmured. I immediately calmed down relieved at his answer. This was not something I was obliged to do, something that I wasn't allowed to do but I liked it. And that made it all the more dangerous.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooohhhhhhhh ;)