Absolutely

I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind

"That was quite the serve you had there at the end," A tall girl, with dark, curly hair complimented as I walked past her.

I smiled softly, "Thank you so much. It's probably the best I've played in a while."

The curly haired girl nodded, smiling brightly, "It's a good thing it was. I'm one of the dancers, so I've seen some of the other teams and they're insanely good. You'll need to be the best you can to continue on."

"Trust me, I know I do. I've seen how most of them play and I'm ready to step up my game," I replied, holding my hand out to shake, "I'm Scarlett Moss, Arizona native, Beach Volleyball Olympian."

The girl shook my hand, still smiling brightly, "Danielle Peazer, London native, Olympic dancer."

The excitement and adrenaline was still pumping through my veins after winning our match against Australia in the first round of preliminaries. For the most part, the audience had left the stands in the arena, but there were still some enthusiastic USA supporters standing up, waving their red, white, and blue flags around.

"I'm not entirely sure what you Olympians have to do after an event, but I was wondering if you'd like to come to dinner with my friends and I? You've got some time off, and I'd like to show you around. It isn't everyday you fly out to London," Danielle offered.

I grinned widely, "I absolutely love that. My family won't be here until the next game, so I don't really know anyone. I have to go back to the locker room to shower and change, but I can meet you back here in about half an hour. I must warn you now, though, I talk an awful lot when meeting new people."

Danielle clapped her hands together, "Splendid! You'll fit in perfectly with my group of friends."

We parted ways after agreeing to meet at the court again in a half an hour. She went off towards the locker rooms on the left, and I went to the players locker rooms on the right. There was a bounce in my step the entire walk there, still excited over our win. The game hadn't been too intense, we took the lead right away in the first set and won that one. During the second set Australia had put up a fight, but we prevailed in the end.

No one was in the locker room at the time, so I had the entire place to myself to shower and get dressed. I stripped down from my sports bra and spandex and stepped into one of the many showers. After washing myself clean, I wrapped a towel around my body and stepped out of the shower. Thankfully, I had an outfit ready in my locker that I was able to change into. The weather in London was bitter and cold, opposed to the hot Arizona weather back at home. I stepped into a pair of jeans, pulled a sweater over my head, and shoved my feet into a pair of boots.

It had been exactly 30 minutes when I arrived back at the court where Danielle and I agreed to meet. She was already standing there, her hair pulled up into a messy bun. Once she saw me walking towards her she bounded over my way.

"Good to see you again!" She said, pulling me into a hug, "Let's get going! My boyfriend and his friends are already at the restaurant we're meeting at. I told them all about you and they're so very excited to meet you."

I nodded, following behind her out towards her car. Danielle seemed to be a very energetic, happy go lucky person. I didn't mind that, seeing as the only person I knew in this whole town was my teammate, who was out with her family. Danielle opened the passenger seat door for me, which was where the driver side was on the cars in America. Throughout the 15 minute drive, Danielle told me all about herself and her personal life. I learned that she was 24 years old, a professional dancer, and had been in a 2 year long relationship with her boyfriend, Liam.

She pulled into a parking lot of a restaurant called, "Nando's" that seemed to be quite busy. Danielle parked the car, shutting it off and stepping out.

"We're here! If you have any taste in good food whatsoever, you'll love this place," She commented as we walked up to the restaurant.

"Any food is good food," I replied, following slightly behind her.

She led me to a table in the back of a restaurant that was surrounded by 6 people, five guys and one other girl. Danielle sat down next to a guy with short, brown hair.

"Everyone, this is Scarlett. She's participating in the Olympics, so she's new to the area. Scarlett, this is everyone!" Danielle introduced me to everyone. I waved quickly, looking the group over before looking back to Danielle, "You can take a seat next to Harry, he's the one with the baby face and curly hair."

I sat down in the only empty seat next to the guy who I assumed was Harry. He smiled a lopsided grin once I took a seat next to him.

"Hello love, my name's Harry," He introduced himself. His voice was very deep, slow, and his accent was thick.

I smiled back at him, "I'm Scarlett. Pleasure to meet you."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm an idiot and started a new story... Oops.

Anyways, Counting The Stars was turning into a full out Harry story so I started this one to stop that.

Let me know what you think?

Chapter Title Credit: Lego House- Ed Sheeran

Until next time, Sydney