Absolutely

This is the start of something beautiful

"Harry, I'm so nervous," I rambled on as we sat down, eating dinner.

We had gone out for a "Night before the big match dinner," as he liked to call it. Apparently, it was necessary to take me to one of the fanciest restaurants in London. In Harry's opinion, the "delicious gourmet food would help me when competing tomorrow." I tried to put up a fight, letting him know that it wasn't necessary to spend as much money as he was going to on food. But his stubbornness won yet again, and here we are.

"Don't worry, love. I already know you're going to do great. You're going to win and I'll be in the stands, cheering for you just like every other game," He encouraged, reaching across the table to grab my hand.

It was a simple gesture that made my heart race at 100 beats per minute. I don't know what it was about Harry Edward Styles that made me like him so much, but whatever it was, was going to drive me absolutely insane. Knowing that in a little over a week I was going to have to leave him broke my heart. It shouldn't even be legal to feel so strongly about someone you barely know.

"If I gave you one of my jersey's would you wear it? It's got an American flag on it, though. You make look like a bit of a traitor," I giggled at my own lame joke.

Harry laughed, rolling his eyes, "Only for you will I wear a girl's jersey with an American flag on it. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around, though? The girl wearing her boyfriend's high school football jersey?"

I shrugged, "Yeah, but you're not a football player. You're an awkwardly tall and lanky musician whose curls make girls drool."

Harry deadpanned, "Please don't refer to me as awkward, lanky, or make a reference about my curls. I am actually quite buff."

He proceeded to show off his "muscles" in the middle of the restaurant. A few of the older couples sitting around us sent glares and stink eyes our way as we began to burst into laughter. Normally, I cared about what people thought of me. My mom constantly reminded me to be prim and proper when in the public eye, one wrong doing and the media could blow it completely out of proportion. Not to say I constantly had paparazzi hot on my tail, but in spite of recent events, (Also known as being seen with Harry and making it to the gold medal match) people began to worry about what you did.

But now, being here with Harry, I didn't care about the slight chance of someone seeing me not being "prim and proper" and how they felt about it. I was an 18 year old girl, I was going to do what I wanted. It's not like I was going out and getting drunk, I was simply laughing at a fancy restaurant. I was surprised my mom hadn't just randomly popped up and sat at our table to give me a lecture about how "careless" I was being.

"Should I learn your National Anthem so I can sing along when you win gold tomorrow?" Harry jokingly asked, stabbing a piece of food with his fork.

Even the silverware in this restaurant seemed fancier than a normal restaurants.

I nodded eagerly, "Do it! That's the best part of the Olympics is getting to sing along with your anthem!"

"But it isn't my anthem," Harry pointed out.

I shrugged, "Who cares! You have 24 hours to learn it, just in case I win."

"You will win. I'm sure of it, love," Harry smiled, giving my hand a squeeze in reassurance.

Image

“Team USA is in the lead, 18-14. If Team USA wins this match, they win the whole event and take home yet another gold medal for America!”

The nerves were running rapidly through my body as I got ready to serve the ball over the net. We needed only 7 more points to take home the gold medal. We had accumulated way more than 7 points throughout the competition, only having to get another 7 shouldn’t be a problem.

After taking a deep breath, I threw the ball up and hit it with all of my might, serving it right over the net and directly onto the ground of the other teams sand. Sarah and I celebrated quickly before the ball was given back to us. 6 more points.

The points then went back and forth. China was clearly not giving in as easily as we hoped. Once we were at 19, they scored against us and were at 15. Within a matter of minutes the score was 24 to 19, and with only one more point, the gold medal was ours. Unfortunately for us, China was set to serve, and both of the girls on the teams were both extremely good at serving.

Before they hit the ball over, I turned around in a quick circle, looking for Harry in the crowd. He wasn’t in his usual spot, this time, opting to sit in the front row off to the right of me. Like he had promised, there he sat in my American Flag jersey, holding a miniature flag. He had sunglasses perched on his nose and a smile that could rival the Cheshire Cats on his face. Just seeing him calmed down my nerves about this potential final play.

The ball seemed to come over the net in slow motion. Sarah dove to hit it and just barely missed it. Naturally, I went to cover for her play and dove to hit the ball that she missed before it hit the ground. It didn’t get very far off the ground, but Sarah was on her A game and hit it up again, setting the ball up for a perfect spike. Just like how we had won the last game, I jumped up from the ground quickly and spiked it as hard as I could over the net. The ball continued to move in slow motion as it just barely skimmed over the hands of both of the Chinese player’s ready hands and landed on the ground behind them.

My first instinct was to cry, and that’s exactly what I did. Sarah came barreling towards me and tackled me onto the ground, screaming all about how we had won. I was in such shock that I didn’t know what to do. Sarah climbed off of me and helped me up. Looking around the arena was one of those moments of pure admiration for your country. Everyone was up on their feet, waving around American flags and screaming congratulations to us.

At this point, I didn’t care who was watching or what people saw, but I ran straight to Harry. He was standing up, waving around a flag that wasn’t his country’s flag and screaming at the top of his lungs. Once I finally reached him, I jumped over the small ledge that was separating the seats from the court and jumped directly into his arms. This was probably on the lists of things you weren’t supposed to do, but I didn’t care.

“I am so proud of you,” He mumbled into my neck, just loud enough for me to hear over all of the screams.

I pulled away from the hug and smiled widely at him, a few tears of joy still sliding down my cheeks. I didn’t realize what was going on until Harry had completely closed the space between us, his lips attaching onto mine. If I wasn’t already shocked enough from our win, this probably would have sent me into cardiac arrest. Not even bother to hesitate; I kissed him back with as much passion as I could muster up. I pulled away after a while, needing to take a breath.

“So, so proud,” He smiled, setting me back down on the sand.

Image

The feeling of standing on the top podium, with a gold medal around your neck as your national anthem is blaring loudly over the speaker is something that everyone should get to experience once in their life. There aren’t any words that could describe how I was feeling at this moment, standing next to Sarah as we mouthed along the lyrics to the anthem.

Maybe it was how Charlie from Perks of Being a Wallflower felt when he spoke about feeling infinite. If he felt like I did now, I could easily relate with him even more. It was the feeling of accomplishment and being proud of what you accomplished. Whatever the feeling was, I wanted it to stick around for as long as it could.

Sarah and I both smiled for all of the cameras as the press pushed and shoved each other to get the shot of us biting down on our gold medals. Never in a million years did I actually picture this happening. It was all so surreal and I was expecting my mom to start shaking me to wake me up from a dream. I pinched myself a few times to make sure it wasn’t all a dream, the smile on my face after that probably could have lit up the entire room.

After the gold medal ceremony, I quickly dashed off to find my mom and Harry. Luckily for me, they were both standing next to each other, my mom talking Harry’s ears off at a million words per second. Once they saw me approaching, my mom immediately shut up and ran towards me, engulfing me in a huge hug.

“I am so proud of you, hun. I knew from the minute I watched you play volleyball for the first time that you’d come to the Olympics and win,” Mom mom raved, hugging me as tightly as she could.

“Thanks mom,” I responded happily.

She pulled away and kissed me on the cheek, “Now go on and talk to that little boyfriend of yours. He’s a sweetheart, keep him around.”

I walked the few steps over to a very excited Harry. Like earlier today, I ran towards him and jumped into his arms.

“Are we going to make a habit of this? If so, start giving me some warning,” Harry joked, placing a quick kiss on my lips.

I jumped down from his arms and smiled up at him, “Did you see that game? Did you see how awesome Sarah and I played! It was SO COOL!”

He nodded, laughing at my excitement, “I saw it all from the front row, love.”

“Look at my gold medal! They say that gold and silver is soft enough that if you bite on it, you can make an indent with your teeth. Either this metal is completely fake, or I have a really weak mouth,” I continued to rant on, all of the excitement that had bubbled up inside of me finally being released.

“Let me test this out,” He responded, holding his hands out.

I handed the medal over to him, “Now wait before you bite it. I’m going to bite down too and then we’ll have a pretty awesome picture. Maybe even worthy of my Twitter icon.”

Harry waited as I pulled out my phone and opened up the camera. Harry held out the medal for the both of us, and on the count of three, we both bit down and I snapped the picture. I took one more just to be safe before taking the medal from his hands and putting it back around my neck.

I opened up the photo and smiled instantly. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but the picture was absolutely adorable. I opened up Twitter and tweeted the picture immediately.

@ScarlettMoss: So, @Harry_Styles felt the need to join in on the medal biting…

After I attached the image, I tweeted the picture and put my phone back in my pocket.

“You know, America looks good on you, Harry,” I laughed, poking him in the side.

He struck a pose, smiling wide, “I know it does. Gold looks pretty good on you, though.”

Harry Styles was going to be the death of me, and I was perfectly okay with that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Waaaaaaah. Only 6 more chapters.

I have the last two typed up already. I like this story a little more than I should like my own material waaaaahhhhh.

Chapter title credit: This- Ed Sheeran (please love me Ed Sheeran, I beg of you...)

Until next time, Sydney