Interchange

Card Thirty-three

Liam pulled over, shut off the car’s engine, took off his seatbelt, and turned towards her. “Why did you ask me on this trip?”

She didn’t look at him, her eyes stayed glued on the glove box. “Liam…”

“I want to know why you asked me on this trip. Was it so you could live some type of dumb girlish fantasy you had? Where you could ask a practical stranger, waving money and adventure in front of his face, and then wrap him around your finger, before you through him aside like it was nothing? Do you think that we are living some sick, clichéd movie Jenna?” He hit his hands on the steering wheel, making her jump. “What did you want? What was the point of those stupid cards if you never wanted to know about me in the first place, if you never wanted to share yourself?” He slammed back into his seat. “Damn it Jenna!” He took a breath, then reached for the car door. “You know what? Screw this stupid trip. Screw you. I’m done.”

She only turned her head when the driver’s seat was empty and Liam opened the hatchback to grab his duffle bag. She flinched when he slammed the door. Her eyes followed him as he walked around the car and into the distance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, I know how many road trip stories there are.
I'm doing this for fun.
The cards and their questions that will be featured in this are the Road Trip TableTopics cards.