Hotel Bizarre

Chapter 12

Tom woke up in a hospital bed. He looked to his side to see Yu sitting next to him.

"You're awake!" Yu was smiling.

"Yeah...what happened?"

"I was hoping you could tell me that. I came to your house to pick you up and all of the doors were unlocked. So I walked inside to find you lying on the ground, your head bleeding. You were unconscious."

"What?"

"You don't remember any of that?"

"Well, I remember hitting my head, but I didn't know it was that bad. Where's my mom?"

"I don't know, you were the only one home when I found you. Tom, who did this to you?"

"No one. I just tripped and fell."

"Yeah right. Then you must be pretty damn clumsy. Can't you trust me?"

Tom sighed and thought about it for a moment.

"Ok...it was my mom. When I told her that it was my fault that Bill ran away she became abusive."

"Tom, why didn't you tell me sooner? Someone needs to call child welfare!"

"No! Don't, please!"

"Why? If your mom is abusing you, then you need to tell an adult. You don't deserve to be abused."

"Maybe I do! Maybe she has a good reason for abusing! I always knew that she liked Bill better then me, and now it's my fault that he's gone. Why wouldn't she hate me? Besides , it's not that bad. She only beats me when I do something wrong. Other then that she just ignores me."

"How does she ignore you? By not talking to you, or by not paying attention to you at all? Like, does she feed you? Buy you clothes? Anything?"

Tom shook his head.

"She totally ignores me. And we have no food in the house at all."

"Then how do you eat?"

"I don't, really. When I'm very hungry I'll go to Andreas's house and have something, or if I have to I'll go to Gustav or Georg's. But I just try to deal with it. I'm not one to complain."

"Tom, I care for you. So I'm being serious when I say that I can't let you live there anymore."

Tom laughed.

"Yeah, and what do you expect me to do? Move in with you and the others in the mansion? I don't think that Bill will like that, he's trying to get away from me."

"Who cares what Bill thinks? And no, I was actually thinking about paying for you to stay in a hotel, or I can rent an apartment somewhere for you to live in."

Tom shook his head.

"No,I am not going tomake you pay for me to live in a hotel or something."

"Tom, I have the money! More money then I know what to do with, to be honest."

"So? Don't waste it on me."

"I won't be wasting it. Please, Tom. Let me do this for you."

"But what about school? Will I still go?"

"Do you want to?"

"No."

"Then you don't have to. And ,look. Another Kaulitz running away. You're going to be famous."

Tom laughed.

"Wow, what a way to get famous. But I don't want to run away, because then my friends will worry about me."

"Then tell your closest friends. Your boyfriend."

Tom rolled his eyes.

"I can't tell Andreas, he won't be able to keep his mouth shut."

Yu shrugged.

"Then I don't know what to do. But I'm not going to watch you be abused. You're coming with me."

Tom laughed.

"Are you trying to kidnap me?"

Yu smiled.

"Well, if you don't go willingly then yes."

"Ok I'll go! But I don't want to be a run away for ever. As soon as I'm 18, I'm coming back. Of course, by then I'll be old enough to live on my own... But what do you think Bill will think? It's going to be all over the news when I run away."

"I don't know. He's probably going to be worried about you."

Tom smirked.

"Good, then he will know what it's like."

Yu smiled.

"Exactly."

Their conversation was interrupted by a nurse entering the room.

"Oh, Mr. Kaulitz, you're awake! Good. How are you feeling? Any dizziness?"

Tom shook his head.

"No, I feel fine."

"Well we should do more tests, just to be sure. And then we need to ask you a few questions about what happened."

"And how long will that take?" Tom asked.

"You'll probably be released tomorrow."

"What? But I don't want to stay here that long!"

"I'm sorry, but that's what the Doctor wants."

"Whatever."

The nurse left.

"What am I going to tell them?"

"You don't have to tell them anything if you just leave."

"What? Now?"

"Yeah, now."

"But won't I get in trouble?"

Yu smiled.

"Not if you run away."

Tom smiled also.

"Hey...that's a good idea, actually. Um...thank you."

"For what?"

"For being such a cool friend, and helping me out."

"No problem... God, this is weird."

"What?"

"I have...a sudden urge to hug you right now."

Tom laughed.

"Then do it!"

After a moment of hesitation, Yu leaned forward to hug Tom, who was sitting up on the bed. Then they pulled apart.

"So...should we go now?"

"Yeah, sure," said Tom, getting off of the bed. He realized that he was wearing nothing but a hospital gown. He heard Yu laughing. Tom turned around.

"What's so funny?"

Yu stood next to Tom and whispered in his ear, "Nice ass."

Tom's face turned red as he remembered that most hospital gowns don't have a back...

He slapped Yu on the arm.

"Why are you looking?"

Yu didn't reply, but just laughed.

"How the hell am I supposed to leave like this?"

Yu opened up the drawer on the night table beside Tom's bed. To their luck, inside was an extra hospital gown.

"Put this one on backwards."

Tom did as he was told and then Yu took off his jacket and gave it to Tom.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Ready to go?"

They walked out of the hospital room.

"Where are you two going?" The one nurse asked.

"Uh...to the food court," lied Tom.

"Well, hurry1 Breakfast ends in 10 minutes!"

"We will," said Tom.

They laughed once the nurse was gone, and then went quickly down the stairs [the elevator would take too long] and out the front doors. Then they went to Yu's car and drove away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment.