Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the party.

Teigann's POV

Sitting in an almost empty room, with the sound of music blaring below me, I was seated by myself on a bed. My friend who had brought me here against my will, was nowhere in sight. She was probably off being her normal "social butterfly" self. That, or she was off scoping out the “hot” bass player from the band we'd seen earlier. I'd spent a few nights this way, and I had never enjoyed them very much. I had managed yet again to separate myself from the crowd of teenage idiots, and had made my hideout in some random bedroom. I didn't even know who’s house I was in. There were three doors in this room. One being the door to get in and out, the second I figured was a closet, and I didn't give the third any thought. I laid back on the strange bed and closed my eyed to regain myself. I tried thinking of all the places October could be, but gave up seconds later. The band we'd seen was just a local one, and though I'd never heard of them, I can't say I was disappointed with their music.

The sound of something crashing in the hallway filled my ears, and I sat up right away. When I looked up, the door was still closed, and though I was curious to know what happened, I continued to just sit and think. Nothing had been right for me in quite some time. I'd spent the last couple months feeling depressed, and I hadn't mentioned a thing to anyone. No one had noticed, so I didn't find it relevant to bring up. Even with October and I being so close, I had a hard time opening up about certain things, afraid of what her reaction would be.
I was broken out of thought again when door number three of the room opened, and a familiar looking face walked out. I made a memo to myself that door number three was a bathroom and by the time those two seconds were over, I began to feel out of place and slightly awkward. He was standing there with a bit of a lopsided grin, in a t-shirt and boxers. We both laughed nervously.

"Umm, sorry about this.." he pointed at himself. "I didn't think anyone would venture up here." He walked over to the closet door, and pulled out a pair of pants, dark denim almost girl jeans, to be exact.

"It's okay, I didn't know that you were in there.. otherwise I would have looked for another room...cute pants by the way.." I smiled. I always got awkward with new people, and this attractive, talented individual was no exception.

"Oh I see, my room isn't good enough eh? Why aren't you downstairs with all those people enjoying themselves? My room is rather boring isn't it?" he laughed. He was joking around and being friendly. Not what I had expected. "Don't mind me by the way," he said slipping into the pants. "Some drunk fuck just spilled their drink on me, so I came to change out of my grungy, sweaty, alcohol soaked clothes."

"Sweaty, eh?" I raised an eyebrow a bit.

"Yea, my band played earlier tonight, I was just too lazy to change when I got home." he replied.

"Oh! That's why you look familiar."

"Is that a good thing?"

"It is, I haven't seen a good band in a while, and you guys were definitely good." I smiled like the giant dork I was.

"Thanks.." he stammered over a name he didn't know. "..wait, I never got your name." He moved a few steps closer while saying this.

"Umm.. it's Teigann." I blushed. My name was not an everyday average name, or even the regular spelling of the name.

"Teigann..." he repeated. "I like it! Thank you Teigann, it's nice to meet you."

"Umm.. thanks." I smirked. "So you're nameless singing boy then? Or do you have a name too?" I asked laughing.

"Oh, sorry!" he looked a bit embarrassed. "My name's Gerard."

"Gerard.." I mocked him. "Not too shabby." I laughed. "Just joking."
We smiled and there was a pause in conversation.

"Do you mind?" he asked, pointing at the bed.

"Not at all, it is your bed isn't it?" This guy had me smiling and laughing far too much. Not even my friends had been getting me into such a lively mood lately.

"So you never answered my question Teigann. Why aren't you downstairs with the rest of all the lovely people?" His tone was soft, and almost concerned.

"..It's just not my lifestyle.." I stared down at my now crossed legs.

"Not your lifestyle?" he questioned.

"I'm not all into the partying scene. I'm not even really into being around a lot of people all at once. Wait.. why am I telling you all of this?" I laughed uncomfortably, amazed with myself.

"Because I asked." he answered smiling.

"I don't usually open up to much of anyone.."

"Well then I'm honored you opened up to me. And although I don't mind partying every once and a while, too many drunks can be a pain in the ass."

"Yea.. I'm not really into the drinking either.." I looked down again.

"I've seen what it can do to people.. the worst of it.."

"I used to be heavily into the drinking.. believe me when I tell you I know about the negatives."

"I lost a best friend to alcohol poisoning.. I decided I'd never touch more than one drink at any party after. Generally I just don't drink anyways." I laid back on the bed again, feeling less and less uncomfortable around Gerard. It was odd considering I'd only known him for all of roughly 8 minutes.

"I almost lost myself to something similar.. last spring... I ended up drinking a bunch of shit from my parents' liquor cabinet, and when that didn't take away my pain, I ended up doing even more stupid shit. I lost a lot of everything that night.." This time, he seemed a bit uncomfortable. "I'm sorry, you probably think I'm some sort of freak now eh?" he asked, laying back as well.

I opened my eyes to stare at the ceiling. "No, I don't." I had secrets of my own, things I wasn't willing to share, not if I could help it. I turned my head to face him, trying to understand why on earth I was being so open with a stranger, why he was being so open with me. I never clicked this well with anyone. It was an unusual feeling. It was a comfort.

"What do you say we change topic? Have a less depressing conversation?"

"I'm up for that." I sighed softly, closing my eyes again. Just as I did this, my cell phone went off with the Mario Bros. theme music. It startled me, and I nearly stepped on my purse when getting up. I answered it without a thought of who it could be.

"Hello?" I rushed.

"Where are you?" she replied.

"I'm upstairs, where the hell are you?" I was getting annoyed.

"I'm downstairs. I was talking to some people and then when I looked for you I couldn't find you. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, and you took off on me. Just.. don't bother with me tonight. I'll talk to you tomorrow at school tomorrow or something. I have to go, my phones cutting out."

"Are you mad at me?"

"No." And with that, I hung up and turned my cell off.