Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

nicknames.

Teigann's POV

One month later

Between work or hanging out with Gerard, October and Mikey, I was basically never free. Since the four of us had started hanging out, the guys’ bandmates had also started to hang out. October and Mikey were still in a constant battle. They were to the point now, where they had pet names for each other.
Mikey called October ‘Octopus’ and refused to call her by any other name unless it was bitch, slut or any other variation of similar terms.

October called Mikey any name that popped into her head. A common one was ‘fucktard’.

I was finally starting to get used to the idea of having these new amazing people in my life. After the first week, Gerard and I were talking on the phone daily. For the most part it was at night when both of us were home from work, often before bed. Some nights, we’d talk for hours, other nights for only a few brief minutes. I felt like I’d known him my entire life plus some, and I was able to open up to him so easily. I could feel myself crushing on him, and I knew that it was fairly obvious to everyone that I liked him. He was charismatic, and it was hard not to get along with him. I quickly found it easier and easier to tell him what was on my mind rather than telling October or Gregory. In a couple weeks time, Gerard and Mikey would be going on vacation with their parents, and as much as I hated to admit it to anyone, I was really going to miss hanging out and talking everyday.

“Hey Tobes!” I shouted as I got into the passenger’s side of the car. Whatever music it was that he had blaring, I liked it. Every once in a while, the two of us would go out cruising. We never really brought anyone else with us, it was our night out.

“Hey Teigh. How’s it going?” he asked turning the music down a bit so we could actually carry on a conversation.

“Not too bad. Work was dead today as usual. You?”

“It was an interesting day. I ran into Mikey, and we ended up going back to his place to chill for a while. Talked to Gee for a bit.”

“You seriously have to stop calling him Gee.” I laughed. “It sounds so tacky, even coming from you.”

“Meh, I like it.”

“So what did you do at their place?” I asked, curious as to what they’d do without one of the girls present.

“Aren’t we a curious one.” he laughed. “We sat around watching TV for a while. Then Gee and I tortured Mikey for a while about Boo, told him he should stop being such a pussy and that he should just ask her out or something.”

“Nice, what did you do, give him tips on how to be in a relationship with her?” I laughed.

“No, because technically Boo and I never dated. What we had was a fling. We fucked around, had a good time. No one else gets that luxury as long as I’m around. I’ll kill any guy that just tries to get in her pants and throw her away.”

“Why is it you never dated? You seemed to care about her a lot, and although you’ve both got eyes for new people, you seem to still be slightly hung up on one another.”

“Because, I am a man whore my dear, and she deserves much better than that.”

“Aww, that’s so sweet Tobes. Especially coming out of your mouth.” I said, making a confused/disturbed face.

“Yea, yea, whatever.” he laughed. “Anyways, you know Teigh, you should do the same as Mikey.”

I choked on the sip I’d just taken from my water bottle. “Tell October that I like her and ask her out?” I asked, knowing full well what he actually meant.

“Ha! No. Ask Gee out. You two obviously have something going on.”

“No we don’t. Gerard and I are just friends Tobes, sorry to burst your bubble.”

“So then what was with the two of you last night?” he inquired.

“You guys sure were cuddly.”

“That wasn’t cuddling Toby. That was me hiding behind him through a scary movie. No wonder you’re still single kid. You misinterpret every bit of physical contact between a male and female.” I teased, trying to hide my embarrassment. The movie did scare me, but it was one I’d seen several times. I didn’t need to hide behind Gerard, but it was a way of being close to him, and I’d take any excuse I could get.

He was comfortable to lean on, and his arms were always welcoming for hugs. I’d learned in a month that he liked hugs just as much as I did. Generally when we were alone, we were cuddly, and we held hands, and acted couple-y. It was all just innocent though. Neither of us was leading the other on. My feelings for him grew more and more each day because of this behaviour, but all the while, I was content with having him just be my friend.

Every now and then, he’d kiss my cheek as a goodbye gesture when leaving, and usually it caused my heart to beat a thousand times faster. Occasionally I was worried that he’d notice this change and act differently, but so far it hadn’t happened.

“Whatever you say Teigann.” Toby rolled his eyes, laughing at me.

“You don’t have to deny it. It’s not like I’m gonna go tell him or anything. I’m over the whole trying to humiliate you thing. Plus, I don’t think I’d embarrass you if I did tell him. It would more than likely make him happy.”

“I’m not trying to deny it Tobes, but it’s just a hard thing for me to admit. But really, we are JUST friends. And I’m happy with things the way they are. I don’t wish for more, I’m content with how things are.”

“You don’t have to convince me Teigann. Just, do me a favor? Don’t give up just because a few assholes have hurt you in the past. Me included. You’ll miss out on a world of happiness if you do. I know you keep yourself locked away and hidden to protect yourself from all the crap… but I also know that you’re deserving a much better life than that.”

It made me anxious, hearing Toby get so serious on me. “Toby, can we drop it for now?” I asked, terrified. I hated getting into things like this with anyone. Because I always felt like I was being attacked, even though I knew I wasn’t. They were all trying to protect me, and save me from myself, but I was too stubborn to accept the help.

He sighed, knowing that whether he wanted the conversation to be over or not, it was, and that I wouldn’t say another word about it until I was actually ready. “Fine Teigh, but please… consider it okay? I mean it.” He looked over to me, and gave me a comforting, reassuring grin.

“Okay.”
And with that, I turned the music back up, and we continued on our late night drive, with no destination in mind, and plenty of time to kill.
♠ ♠ ♠
-again, more cracks at October's name... Boo-