Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the slip.

Teigann’s POV

"Thank you sweetheart." was the first thing I heard when I answered the phone. My heart instantly fluttered when I heard his voice, and despite the fact he couldn’t see me, the smile on my face was for him.

"You liked it?" I asked, slightly embarrassed.

"Of course I did."

I could just hear the smile in his voice, making the fluttering feeling increase.

"No one's ever been so thoughtful Teigh. By the way, I have to get some of the track listings from you when I get home."

"It was just a CD Gerard. It was lame, you can admit it." I laughed. There he was again, making my simple presents into complex, amazing things.

"That's just what you think. It was amazing Teigh, can't you just settle with it?" he pleaded in a silly manner.

"I guess I can this time, but you know me." I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see that either. "I'm amazing at being difficult."

"Mhmm. So how was your first day without me?" he asked, changing the subject.

"Well you see, I wrestled a dinosaur, and went for a ride on a unicorn." I answered in the most serious voice I could. Then I broke into a laugh. "That was in my dream though.. I think."

"Well that's still a lot to accomplish in the one day I've been gone."

"Gerard..."

"Yes Teigann?"

"Can you come home now?" I asked quietly and childishly.

"Not yet. I can in three more weeks."

"But that's too long.." I whined, laughing at the same time.

"We'll survive." he sounded so sure of it, I didn't argue one bit. That, and I was too tired to argue.

"This has to be costing you some sort of limb."

"Maybe, but I don't mind. I wanted to say goodnight and sweet dreams before you went to bed and I wanted to thank you for my CD."

"Thank you." I flushed. Had it become that obvious that my day was not complete without his evening phone call? That I couldn't fall asleep unless I'd heard his voice? I certainly hoped not.

"You sound tired though, I'll let you get yourself to bed."

"Okay.."

"Is everything alright?" he asked, suddenly sounding panicked.

"Mhmm, just miss you is all. And I'm really tired. I didn't get home from work till after 7 again. The boss was late."

"Well then get yourself to bed sweetheart, and I'll be home quicker than you think. Three weeks really isn't that long.

"Whatever you say." I mumbled, more tired than I had realized.

"I'll talk to you again in a few days Teigh, take are okay?"

"Mhmm. I will if you do. Goodnight and sweet dreams Gerard."

"Goodnight and sweet dreams. Oh.. and Teigann?"

"Yes?"

"Love you."

With that there was a distinct click on the other end and once the following silence let me know that he had in fact, hung up on me.