Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the escape.

Teigann's POV

I rubbed my temples with my fingertips, and laid back yet again. "Sorry about that." I apologized.

"It's okay. Your boyfriend?" he asked.

I laughed. "No, don't have one. That was just my friend, who brought me here against my will and ditched me."

"Oh.. is that why you're up here?"

"Partially I guess." I sat back up. "I'm really sorry about all of this. I think I should just get going.."

"Why’s that?" Gerard asked. "Weren’t we just going to get to know each other?"

"I know we were, and please don’t think that I don’t want to, it’s just that I don’t want to take out my frustrations on you. You don’t need to think that I’m a psycho bitch." I laughed knowing I was going beat red.

"Well, if you’re going to leave, then we do eventually have to do the whole getting to know each other thing because I’m determined to know more about the girl who doesn’t think I’m a wack job. It’s getting pretty late though, are you sure you wouldn’t like a ride home?"

"Umm.. I don’t know, I don’t think I live very far from here, I could probably just walk and find my way. I’m used to walking everywhere."

I really did want him to drive me because I wasn’t sure where I was at all. I really didn’t want to go home yet though, and I wasn’t sure if I was ready to be embarrassed by where I lived either. At the moment, all I wanted was to go out walking which is what I always did when I was frustrated or mad.

"Truth be told, I don’t really want to be here tonight. My brother’s the one who set up this whole party thing. So what do you say Teigann, feel like saving my life tonight?"

"What if I’m really not headed home though?"

"Then we drive around until you’re ready to go home, because as I said, I really don’t want to be here. Plus, if we’re driving around, we can talk and get to know each other as we’d planned."

"If we do that, I’m paying you gas money."

"You’ll do no such thing." he smiled.

I could tell there was no arguing with him, and at this point it was a nice feeling to have someone ask so desperately for my company.

"You know what, I’ll take you up on your offer." I stood up and held a hand out to him.

"Deal." he smiled, and grabbed my handing helping himself up.
I grabbed my purse and walked towards the door.

"I have a better way out of here, it’ll save you having to bump into that friend of yours who pissed you off."

I looked at him questioningly. "Umm, how?"

"See that window?" he pointed across the room. "Out that window, and I promise, it’s safe. It’s my regular escape route.

"Alright." I was up for an adventure, and I really didn’t want to see October. I let him lead the way, and when my turn came, I looked out the window to find a small amount of roof before a minor drop to the small deck below. I realized once I was on it, that the deck was the back porch. There was a pool in the backyard, and a lot of room surrounding it.

"Follow me from here." he said over his shoulder to me.

"Alright."

He led me through a gate in a tall wooden fence, and then down a bit of a gravel driveway. I remembered walking down it to get to the house in the first place, but everything else about this place was a blur to me. When we got to his car, he let me in and then proceeded to get in on his side. Once in, he started the car and put down the windows.

As we pulled out of the driveway, I realized that I didn’t recognize the neighborhood at all. It was completely and totally strange to me. I was glad I had managed to not be stubborn and actually take his offer to drive me.

"So where are we off to?" I asked looking out the window at all the huge houses on the street. There was no way I was anywhere near home.

"Well, I was thinking of just driving through the town, down like.. The back roads or something, they’re always calm."

"Isn't any road calm at this time of night?"

"Not around here no. There are too many people around here partying and being stupid."

"Oh.. Okay then."

"Don’t worry Teigann. I’m not going to try anything stupid with you. Unfortunately for you, I’m one of the more descent guys left in this part of town." he smiled.

I smiled back, and felt bad for even implying that he might. After all, he’d been generous enough to offer me a ride home, he let me hide away in his room without getting mad that there was a complete stranger sitting on his bed when he entered, and he was really nice. He didn't seem to be fake at all. But with my history of males, I could never be so sure right away.