Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the lie.

Teigann's POV

The weeks were going by fairly quickly, thankfully. I went to see a couple movies with Toby and October hoping that getting out of the house for something other than work would help keep me distracted. Gerard called every night before bed which was amazing. It was something I'd never expected either. We still hadn't really talked about the night he'd dropped the L bomb, which I was okay with. It was something that needed to be talked about face to face. Usually I would have told October right away about something this big, but so far I'd said nothing. I wanted to talk to Gerard first. If he'd meant what he'd said then I'd have an even bigger conversation to have with October. I hoped that he'd meant it, because even though I'd only known him a short time, I really felt like I could be in love with him. More sincerely than anything I'd ever felt before, I felt love for him.

With two days left, I managed to plan a welcome back party for Gerard and Mikey. I finally got Gregory away from Frank long enough to have him help me get the house ready. My mother had been home a total of 4 out of the 20 days Gerard had been gone, not that I was counting or anything. She'd be gone for another week as Brian had taken her out of town. I wouldn't be seeing or hearing from her at all until they got back. This meant that my house would be the party house. The plan was that our group of friends would come over the night the brothers were due back in town. October was on the understanding that the party was just for Gerard. I had to try and help her out with Mikey, but I had to figure out my own situation first because I just couldn't take it anymore. I was hoping that by forcing the two of them together, they would have to talk to each other, maybe working out their issues in the process. So with all of that set up, I planted the final lie with Gerard.

"Please tell me you'll come over once you're back." I begged.

"Of course Teigh." He laughed.

"It's been pretty lame here with my mom being gone and working
a bunch and not hanging out with you." I sighed.

"Well I promise I'll be there."

I had the hook, I just needed to reel it in.

"Would you bring Mikey? October will be over, and I think she's finally willing to admit she's got a crush on him." I waited for his answer.

"Sure. It's been a few weeks, maybe they'll even manage to be in the same room without trying to kill each other."

I smiled. "Perfect. If they manage not to it'll be a bonus."

He laughed. "Alright sugar, I better get going. You need sleep and I need to save my last minutes for our call tomorrow night."

"Alright, I guess you're right. I have less than eight hours left before I need to be back at work." I frowned, even though he couldn't see it. I didn't want to let him go.

"Goodnight, sweet dreams. Have a good day at work, and I'll call you tomorrow night."

"Goodnight." I pouted and then decided that I had something I needed to say. "Wait, Gerard?"

"Yes Teigh?"

"Love you too."

The other end went dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Teigann :(