Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

borrowing $5.

Gerard's POV

My heart stopped when I heard her say the words 'Love you too'. And then my phone went dead. When I checked it, the screen simply said 'call lost'. I tried to call her back and an automated voice told me that I had no time left. I kicked at the floor, pissed off that my phone could cut out at such an inconvenient time. I was so nervous to see her, especially now that she'd said it back. I wanted to finally just kiss her, to give in and just do it like I'd wanted to so many times before. I assumed that since we'd exchanged such serious words that it would be okay for me to do such a thing. Although I still didn't know for sure, we'd have to talk about it when I got back for sure.

I hadn't gone into the friendship expecting the relationship to become anything more. I do admit that from the very first night though, that there was something about Teigann that drew me in and I did not ever want to let her go. Hell, who was I kidding? From that first night, I'd been dreaming of the day where I could ask her out, or call her my own. I never for the life of me thought I'd get the chance to though. In my mind I had a lot of bad karma coming my way from everything I'd done in my past and I didn't deserve anything as amazing as Teigh in my life.

Unfortunately I had no way of getting a calling card that night, as the closest store to us was closed already. I was so excited at the prospect of an 'us' that it took me forever to get to sleep. I wrote a bit, drew a bit and even went and sat outside in the dark under the stars for a but just trying to wind down.

I slept late into the next day. When I finally got up, my phone was dead. I put it on the charger and went to find Mikey. "Come on Mike, we've got a few things we need to do." I blurted it out, interrupting the conversation he was having with mom and grandma when I found him.

"Good morning to you too Gerard." Grandma laughed.

"Sorry Grandma. Good morning, or good afternoon actually. Sorry I slept so late. I need to borrow Mikey for an hour or so. I know we're having a family dinner before we head to the airport but I need to pick up a few things before that." I was rambling.

"Alright dear. Mikey, you heard your brother. Go get ready." Grandma winked at me.

"I have no choice in this, do I?" Mikey asked, speaking for the first time.

"Nope. Hurry, please." I urged him.

"So what's the hurry? Why are you acting so psychotic?" he asked once we got outside.

"I need a phone card. And I need you to pay for it. I already spent all the money I brought with me. I only need $5 and I'll give it back to you once we get home tomorrow."

"Teigann, eh?" he asked, a sly grin on his face.

"Fuck off." I laughed.

"It is." His grin grew.

"Yepp, and you're hot for October, so we're even."

He stayed silent.

I knew it would shut him up, and it did.

Later that night

Before packing and going to sleep for the short while before heading to the airport, I sent a text to Teigann instead of calling her. The five dollar phone card I'd bought wouldn't be enough for me to make a call, but I could at least send her a message wishing her a goodnight.

-Sorry about last night Teigh, I ran out of minutes. Will call as soon as I'm home. Goodnight sugar, Love you.-

I kept it short. There was so much more I wanted to say, but knew that if I just waited another 12 hours or so I'd have her in my arms, and that would be so much better than any text message I could send.