Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the question.

Teigann's POV

"He's right you know," Gerard said loud enough for me to hear as I led him to my room. "We do have a bit to catch up on."
I closed the door behind us, flicked on the lamp and turned into him, hiding my face against his chest while hugging him. I could feel myself blushing and we hadn't even started talking yet. "You know, I really missed you these last few weeks." I murmured.
"I missed you too. I'm sorry about your mom not being here for most of it." he spoke quietly.
I released him from my grip, and went to sit on my bed. I patted the spot beside me, inviting him to sit with me.

"Did you mean it?" I blurted out before I could stop myself.
"Mean what Teigh?" He looked a bit confused.
"When you said you loved me. Did you mean it?" My heart was pounding in my chest. I knew that I sounded ridiculous.
"Completely." he answered, I could feel his eyes on me.
I didn't want to be a complete coward so I met his gaze as steadily as I could. "Okay." I barely whispered.
"Did you?"
I took a breath. "More than I've ever meant anything." I looked back down, feeling really shy. It was hard to be vulnerable all of a sudden. The whole time I'd known him it hadn't been this hard.
"I'm sorry that my phone cut out the night you said it. I hoped all night that you knew I was happy about it." He brushed a stray hair out of my face. The guilt started flooding back.
"I was afraid that maybe when you'd said it you'd meant it differently and that when I'd said it back it freaked you out. I didn't really sleep that night. It was pretty ugly. But I got your text the next night, and knew that I just worried myself over nothing."
"I didn't want you upset about it." He took hold f my hand, held it up to his lips.
"I'm just really glad you're back." I leaned in and kissed him.

"Gee?" I asked from beside him, not believing myself when I called him the name I had told Toby not to call him.
"Mmhmm?" he looked sleepily over at me.
"What does this mean for us?"
He shrugged slightly. "I'd like it to mean that I'm yours. That you'll be mine, until you're sick of me and don't want me anymore." His smile was warm, his eyes were bright. I loved this boy so much, and I couldn't believe the way things were turning out.
"Or until you get sick of me."
"Not going to happen." He kissed me once more. I could have sat and argued all night that he very well could get sick of me. I just wanted this moment to last though. "So what do you say? Can I keep you?"
I wanted to cry, ears of happiness of course, but I held it back. "As long as I can keep you."
With that we fell into a peaceful quietness. My hand was in his. I closed my eyes, trying to memorize every moment.

"Teigann?" His voice came out of the calm silence.
"Yes love?" I was so calm and suddenly so sleepy.
"Maybe we should get back out to the party, it'll be over soon anyway." He kissed my hand once again before standing and pulling me up with him.
"Okay, I guess we could do that. Hopefully Mikey and October have called a truce by now. It's kind of tragic that they both like each other so much yet they refuse to deal with each other at all."
"That's the way of a Way brother." He laughed at this. "I had plenty of battles with myself over telling you. We just take a bit longer than necessary to come to terms with our feelings. I'm also a bit more mature." He smiled brightly at this.

I was incredibly lucky.