Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

a really wonderful night.

October’s POV

I couldn’t believe the nerve he had, but it also kind of turned me on that he just went for it. It wasn’t just a small peck, it was full of passion and I started to kiss him back. It was only after a few more seconds that my brain caught up with me and I pulled away.

“Wait, did that just happen?” I laughed at myself for asking the question out loud.

“Yes, what’s so funny?” he asked, a little defensively.

“I was laughing at myself, that I actually just asked the question I did. Why did you kiss me though?” I turned serious again.

“Because October, as it turns out, you’re human. Which makes it totally okay for me to do this again.” he kissed me again, this time a much quicker kiss.

"I’ve been waiting since the day I heard you singing, to meet the girl that sat in that room.” he said. “Forgive me, it’s just, I overheard you that night. The one you pushed me into the water.”

I instantly felt even more embarrassed. I only ever sang around Teigann. No one ever heard me sing, I didn’t like feeling so vulnerable. “Oh god.” I put my head in my hands.

“What’s the matter?” he asked.

“No one hears me sing. No one but Teigann.” I felt crawling into a hole and hiding.

“Well, it was beautiful. It was so sad though. And now, this is going to come out sounding all wrong, but bare with me; since that night I’ve wanted to know that girl. I wanted to know the girl that was in there, being vulnerable, maybe even being not so strong.” he paused. “Don’t move so slow, don’t move so slow. I can’t take it.” he sang quietly to me. His voice was shaky, and I couldn’t help the tears that escaped when he showed he remembered that night. “Sorry, my singing isn’t nearly as good as yours. That’s kind of why I’m the bass player and my brother’s the singer of our band.”

I leaned in, putting my head on his shoulder. “Thank you.”

“For what?” he sounded confused again.

“For helping me. For causing a change in me. I never used to care what people thought about me, it was easy pretending to be the bitch all the time. It’s getting harder and harder to keep that up though.” I sighed.

“Thank you.” he looked down at me with a small smile on his face.

“Why are you thanking me?” I sniffled and wiped at my eyes again.

“For letting me see you. The actual you.”

Teigann’s POV

When we rejoined our group of friends, one thing was obvious. Mikey and October were nowhere to be found. Hopefully they hadn’t killed each other. Hopefully, they were working out their issues. Sure enough though, when we came back out of my room, Toby was anxiously waiting in the hallway to talk to me.

“What’s wrong Tobes?” I asked, kind of curious as to why he would care so much about Gerard and I.

“I just wanted to check that things were good.” He smiled.

I hugged him and told him that the answer was pretty obvious. I also realized that he had had a bit too much to drink so he was just being super lovey Tobes. I gave him one more hug and told him to go hang out with our friends. I made my way out to the living room and continued hanging out for the next few hours.

2 am rolled around, and I started to clear the house out. About an hour before hand, October and Mikey had come back into the house, with a completely different energy than I was used to from them. They were both relaxed. They were both smiling. I knew it! I knew that if they could just stop being so stubborn for a few minutes they’d resolve their issue wicked fast. They even sat down next to each other and continued talking until Mikey and Gerard had to leave. Since Toby had been the only one to drink that night, he crashed in my mom’s room for the night. As soon as October and I were in my room, I got her to spill the beans on what had happened with Mikey. She seemed so incredibly happy and I was really proud of her. She’d had a really hard time being open with love interests ever since her and Toby had hooked up, but I was glad to see her opening herself up again.