Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the drive.

Teigann's POV

We drove around for about an hour, talking about a lot of random things. We talked about school, and I found out that he was lucky enough to have graduated already, just a year before me. I found out a lot about him actually, and I shared a fair bit with him as well. We stayed on lighter topics to keep our moods up, and by the time I decided I should head home, I was in a far better mood than I had expected to be.

"You can just drop me off at the 7-11. I only live a few blocks from there." I said smiling.

"Why wouldn't I just drop you off at your house?" he asked, looking a bit baffled.

"I don't know, but it'll save you a bit of driving time seeing as the 7-11 is closer to here than my house is."

"Teigann, I really don't mind. I'm not going to start stalking you. I'll admit, I was going to ask for your number or your email address, but I just thought that we could be friends or something." he seemed reassuring with it, even though none of that was any of my concern.

"Hunn, that's the least of my worries. I just don't know if I'm up for being humiliated by where I live..." I looked down at my hands that sat fiddling in my lap.

"Teigann, I don't care where you live, I mean, as long as you don't live in a cardboard box, because in that case I'm bringing you home with me so you have a proper place to sleep." he laughed.

"No, I live in a house, it's just the neighborhood that I live in."

"Do you live downtown?"

"No.-" I was cut off.

"Then it can't be that bad. Just give me the address and I'll be driving you home. You have school tomorrow, are you sure you're going to be with it enough?"

"Ha! Probably not, but I'll deal. And sorry for being all weird, I just don't usually let people I just met see where I live right away. I have some trust and confidence issues to deal with."

"But you'll let me drive you home though?"

"I guess.." I smiled.

October's POV

I hoped she wasn't mad at me, but at the same time I knew if I just left her alone, things would be better with us in no time. I knew that a lot of times, Tiegann didn't realize that when I pried at how she was feeling, I was just trying to make sure she was actually alright and not shutting herself away again. It had taken me a year and a half to get her to open up at all. I walked out the front door and was about to call Gregory to come get me. I saw Teigann in the passenger's seat of a strange car and couldn't see who the driver was, just as the car was pulling out of the driveway. If she was getting herself into trouble, I was going to kill her. I dialed Gregory's number, and while I was waiting for him to answer, some jerk ran past me, knocking my phone from my hand.

"THANKS ALOT ASSHOLE!" I yelled after him, but it was useless because he just kept going.

I picked it up again, and heard a muffled "hellooo...? who is this? Teigann.... is this you?"

I laughed a little. "Gregory? No, it's not Teigann. It's October. Teigann just left with some guy."

"Is that a good thing? And does this mean you're ready to come home? I'm super tired."

"Mhmm, I'm ready to come home. And I don't think she's stupid enough to go with a creep.."

"Well, I'll have to kick this guys ass if he fucks up. I'll be there in about.. 25 minutes 'kay?"

"Yepp. See you then, love yas! Thanks Gregs." I giggled and hung up.

I sat down on a step and watched the asshole that had just run into me and his friends running around in the middle of the road after each other. I laughed a bit at how stupid guys were at times. Looking down at my cell, I tried to resist the urge, but didn't succeed as I began to text Toby, and ask if he'd missed me. I was so frustrated with myself for still not being over a fucking fling. I knew all along that Toby and I would never be an item, but it was hard having a one time fling, and then seeing him every day after and still being friends with him. At moments, it was even a bit awkward, but those moments were always short lived.

About 50 text messages later, I saw Gregory pulling into the driveway, and I was on my feet and walking towards the shitty little van he loved so much.

"Thanks so much for picking me up again Gregs." I leaned across and kissed his cheek.

"No probs babe. It's not like either of us have school in the morning. No, not at all." he said with extreme amounts of sarcasm.

"You know I love you. You know I'll take you out and buy you something pretty for doing me such a huge favor." I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so here's where I let you in on a secret; October is kind of a bitch on the surface, I promise you'll get to see a softer side of her though.