Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the gift.

Gerard’s POV

I couldn’t wait for the afternoon to pass, it seemed like time wasn’t passing fast enough. I just wanted to go and pick up Teigann for her birthday celebration. I knew things had been especially rough for her lately so I just wanted her to have a special night. It was bad enough her mother hadn’t been home for her birthday but she hadn’t even bothered to call her. Frank wasn’t far from my thoughts of course, I wanted him to have a great night for his birthday too, but I knew he was happy. Mikey had promised to behave with October so that there were absolutely no problems over the course of the night.

I tried to keep myself busy with little tasks around the house like cleaning, but it just wasn’t keeping me distracted enough. I decided one more trip to the mall to try and find Teigh’s gift wouldn’t hurt. I had made her a card on the actual day of her birthday, but hadn’t found anything that jumped out at me as far as a gift went. I had drawn out a personalized IOU, promising that I’d find something perfect. She’d told me not to worry, but I couldn’t help myself. Somewhere on my trip through the mall, while passing the jewelry store, a glint caught my eye and I knew I had found it. I just hoped that she’d like it as much as I did, the item itself, and the meaning behind it.

I headed back home to get changed into less grungy clothing than I’d been running around in all day. I picked up Mikey and we headed out again to pick up the girls. We’d be meeting the rest of the group in just over an hour, so I really needed to hurry.

Within half an hour, we were pulling into Teigh’s driveway. Realizing we still had ample time to get to the restaurant from her place, I invited Mikes to come inside with me to gather the girls for our evening out. Teigann answered the door, smiling timidly. She looked gorgeous, but uncomfortable in her own skin. I let Mikey pass me to go on in and greet October.

“What’s the matter sugar?” I asked placing a kiss on the crown of her head.

“Nothing, I’m just not used to showing this much skin.” She giggled uncomfortably.

“Well, you look stunning.” I smiled at her. “Ignore what you‘re wearing even though it‘s so pretty. All that matters tonight is that you’re comfortable and having a great time.”

“Thanks Gee.” She smiled up at me, this time looking a bit more comfortable.

“Let’s get going then, shall we?” Mikey broke into the conversation. “Reservations are for 8. We’ve got 20 minutes.”

“Alright. Ladies, after you.” I let them lead the way out of the house, taking Teigann’s keys as she passed to lock up the house.