Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the last time.

Teigann’s POV

It had been three weeks since my mother had been home and I had finally had enough. I decided that when she did finally show up, I’d confront her.

It was November 15th when she finally came home, a bit drunk from being out with Brian.

“Well look what the cat dragged in.” I muttered, just loud enough for her to hear.

“What’s your problem?” she slurred.

“My problem Teresa, is that you haven’t been here. I haven’t had a single phone call, a message, anything from you. I’m the kid in this scenario! I shouldn’t be wondering where you are or if you’re alright! That’s your fucking job!” I held back tears, and spoke with all the anger I’d been holding in. “I’ve been here, working, trying to make sure the bills get paid. You haven’t even noticed that you haven’t paid anything recently, have you? I’ve been using my college fund to pay the fucking bills. To keep a roof over my head. I knew that as soon as Maci left you didn’t care as much anymore, but for fuck sakes mom, you couldn’t even bother to make sure that your other daughter was taken care of.” I didn’t leave her time to speak, I knew she’d only get angry and I’d end up feeling guilty. I wouldn’t do that to myself again though, I wouldn’t surrender to something that I didn’t deserve.

Growing up with her had been hard enough. Maci had taken care of me more often than not, leaving Teresa with all the time in the world for her work schedule and boyfriends. It didn’t help matters any that I always butted heads with her, apparently because we were both too strong willed when it came to what we believed. I hated thinking that I was anything like her. I understood that being a single mother was anything but easy. She hadn’t exactly been blessed when our father walked out of the picture. I also understood that I didn’t always make things easy for her. The reality of it, was that she had stopped putting in an effort fairly soon after our father left.

“Mom, I need to leave this place. I can’t stay here anymore.” I spoke evenly, letting the anger leave my voice completely.

“How dare you talk to me like that.” She glared at me, tears in her eyes.

“I don’t know how else to get through to you mom.” I nearly shouted back. I took a deep breath before continuing. “I’m done with sitting here and waiting for the next time you’ll show up. You know how uncomfortable Brian makes me, and I understand that’s why you stopped bringing him around. I’m grateful for that, really. But I didn’t want you to give me up in order to have your time with him. I didn’t think you’d start neglecting your responsibilities for a guy.” Tears filled my eyes, and I pushed forward. “I want you to be happy. It’s all I want for you. But you need to know that I’m not. I haven’t been happy here since Maci left. I’m thankful for the friends I have now, who have showed me the love that a family should have. I see them every day. I haven’t seen you in three weeks!”

“What should I do then Teigann? What would you like me to do?” she whimpered, truly acting like the child in the situation.

“I’m not asking you to do anything. You can do whatever you want with the house. I am leaving. I’m moving in with October, and I’m not coming back. I’ve been paying the bills here by myself for over a month now, and thanks to that, I won’t be seeing the inside of a college for a very long time.”

I walked away from her, going into my room to finish packing my things. I had spent all of the previous night on the phone with October, assuring that it was okay if I crashed with her for a little while. I had said all I could say to my mother. Moments later I heard a door slam, a sign that all I’d said had sunk in and she was having a tantrum. I had two duffel bags, holding all my belongings and most of my movies. I sent a text to Tobes asking him to pick me up and with that, I grabbed my bags and walked out of my mother’s house for the last time.
I waited on the curb for Toby to show up, and called Gerard while I was waiting. After three rings his voice mail kicked in.

"Hey Gee, I just wanted to let you know that I'm gonna be staying with October for a bit. My mom finally showed up today and we didn't really see eye to eye on it." I laughed sarcastically. "I love you Gee, I think I'm gonna need to see you tonight." I hung up, not knowing what else to say.