Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the moment.

Gerard’s POV
It worried me when I got Teigann’s message. I was glad that she was at least staying at October’s and that she’d be safe but I worried about how her interaction with her mother might affect her. She’d made a lot of progress with her depression, Teresa had been her only downfall. She wanted a relationship with her mother so badly, she ached for that mother-daughter connection. I knew she had the strength to get past it, but I was scared she didn’t know the same.
“Teigh?”
“Hey, thanks for calling me back.” She sounded like she’d been sleeping.
“Did I wake you? I’m sorry if I did, I was worried when I got your message.” I sighed in relief that she sounded alright so far.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you worry. I’m okay, I was napping but I’m glad you woke me. It was kind of awful with my mom. I said some really horrible things Gerard. I’ve been so angry with her for so long, it all came out..” She sounded overwhelmed, possibly on the brink of tears.
“It’s okay sugar. It’s probably what she needed, what you needed. I’m proud of you for confronting her.” She sighed again. “How about I come get you for a few hours? Will October be okay with that?”
“She’ll survive. I think she had plans with Tia anyways. Could we go for a walk by the water?”
“Of course, whatever you like. I’ll be there in about an hour, okay? I just have to do a few things around here.”
“Sounds good, I’ll get showered and be ready by then.” She sounded a bit more cheerful.
“See you soon sugar, I love you.” I smiled at her, though she couldn’t see it.
“I love you too.”
When I hung up the phone, I quickly finished cleaning up the kitchen which I had been avoiding for a while. Once I was finished I ran to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I got dressed as quickly as possible and made my way out of the house. I had only dropped October off a couple of times and I prayed that I could remember where it was that she lived. On my way I stopped at the store and picked up a diet coke for myself, and a root beer for her. I wanted to cheer her up and I knew that root beer was her favorite.

Teigann’s POV
I felt a wave of relief wash over me when Gerard picked me up from October’s. I was grateful that she was letting me stay with her, but I still felt uneasy about the situation. I grinned like a 4 year old when he handed me a bottle of root beer. “Thank you Gee.” I kissed him before we pulled back out of the driveway.
“About that walk,” I paused.
“Mhmm?” he glanced sideways at me.
“Could we just go for a drive? I changed my mind.” I blushed.
“Of course. We’ll drive around for a bit and then I can take you back, or whatever you’d like.” He grasped my hand, bringing it up to his lips. He brought our hands down together and rested them on the center console, holding my hand gingerly.

After about an hour or so of aimless driving, we pulled over to take a break. I was broken out of my daze when Gerard spoke softly.
“Are you going to be okay Teigh?” He had a look of concern in his eyes.
“Mmm, I will. I mean I am okay. It’s just hard to believe the way things went with my mom. She didn’t even try to get me to stay. I guess I just have to face that my relationship with her is what it is and it won’t ever be more. God I miss Maci…” I trailed off.
“I’m sorry. I wish it could have been different for you. I do know though, that you’re strong enough without her. That even though you want her around, you don’t need her around. You’ll be okay without her.” He brought my hand up to his mouth again and placed another kiss on the back of it. “Have you tried to contact Maci in the last few weeks?”
I sighed. I had tried to call my sister several times but she’d never gotten back to me. “Yes, without success. It’s okay though. I know she’s got to be really busy.”

He reached over and pulled me into a hug. I rested my head on his shoulder, not having anything else to say. He knew words weren’t needed. He kissed the top of my head before sitting back up in his seat. “What would you like to do next?”
“I’m not sure, but I don’t want to go back to October’s really…” I looked down, then up at his face. “Could I stay with you tonight?” I hadn’t stayed the night at his place since my birthday celebration. Gerard had been staying at my house, helping me fall asleep and then going to sleep himself. I still felt slightly embarrassed about ruining the moment that could have led to my first time having sex. He hadn’t pushed the matter though, he’d just continued to hold me at night, stroking my head until sleep took me.
“Yes you can stay with me tonight. Do you want to head back now?” He rubbed his thumb over my knuckles of the hand he was holding.
“Sure, I’m getting pretty sleepy anyways.” I held back a yawn. Everything about the day had tired me out, and the nap hadn’t been enough earlier.

We drove back to Gerard’s and when we got upstairs I threw my coat to the floor and climbed right into his bed. A few moments later he joined me, curling up facing me. I turned from my back to my side, facing him as well.
“Thank you.” I said quietly.
“For what?” He smiled curiously at me.
“For being so amazing, all the time.” I leaned in and kissed his cheek. “For being patient with me.”
“I love you Teigann, I’m far from amazing. I just want to make you happy.” He pressed his lips to mine.
“You have no idea how happy you make me.” Butterflies stirred in my stomach at how close we were again, the memory of the last night we shared this bed flooding my memory. My heart beat faster in my chest and I continued to kiss him, suddenly not feeling as sleepy. “I love you.” I breathed between kisses.