Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

karaoke.

"No October!" I laughed. "I'm not going to tell you all about it." I blushed, but couldn't keep the manic grin off my face.
"As your best friend, it's practically a rule that I know all the details." She teased, faking a pout.
"It would be disturbing if you knew all the details. If I wanted you to know all the details I would have had sex with you." I laughed at how absurd this conversation was becoming. "I will tell you that it was amazing. That's all I can say." I smiled. "Besides, it's not like I ask for the details about you and Mikey."
"But if you did, I'd tell you." She grinned. "I still can't believe it happened! I mean, I can. But you're our innocent little Teigh." She shook her head.
I laughed more at hearing her call me 'innocent little' as if I were a child. "Well I guess I'm all grown up now."

***


As Christmas came up, everyone started to get busy with life. The guys had more gigs, and they were in the works with a bigger band to start touring as the opening band. I was really excited for them, but my heart ached at the idea of not having Gerard around all the time. I was still living at October's, and especially with Christmas coming up and having still not talked to my mother since the night I left, I was falling into a slump. Christmas was supposed to be about family, and although I was still angry at her, I missed my mom. The thought of not spending the holiday with her sucked.

To keep myself distracted from this, I began putting all my extra time into making gifts for my friends. I had been taking lots of pictures of everyone over the last few months, and although it was dorky I decided on making little scrap books for everyone. Some were much easier to put together, like the ones for October, Toby and Gregory. I'd known them the longest and because we all had history together, the ideas flowed freely from my mind. The ones for the guys were a little more difficult, but eventually I got them all planned out. Mikey's had a bit more of him and October, Frank's had a bit more of him and Gregory. Ray and Gerard ended up being the easiest. Since the beginning, Ray had acted like a big brother so his was fun to put together. It consisted mostly of ridiculous pictures of him and the group ending with a really goofy one of the two of us. Gerard's was a bit more, detailed if you will. It held pictures of everyone, some of the two of us, and I wrote little messages to him throughout.

On Christmas Eve, we all got together at the Way's. This is what I was counting as my Christmas. My friends were the only family I really had left at the moment, my mother refused to talk to me and my sister still hadn't made the time to contact me. There was a beautifully decorated tree, lights, decorations all around. Sometime early in the evening, a few gifts were exchanged as we had planned a sort of secret Santa amongst the group. Afterwards was when I passed out my gifts to them all.
"It isn't much, I swear. It was just something that I really wanted to put together for you all." They all smiled, taking their gifts with thanks. "Also, you don't have to open them now, I just knew that I wouldn't see you all tomorrow, so I wanted to give them now."
I paid close attention when Gerard grinned up at me, placing his off to the side.

We watched some movies, ate food, enjoyed the company of everyone. It was about 9pm when Frank suggested Christmas karaoke.
“What better way to celebrate than by making asses of ourselves?” He had laughed. “I’ll even start!”
He kicked things off with Santa Baby and by the time he finished we were all laughing so hard we were near tears. October had decided on Last Christmas. A few more went, and next thing I knew Gerard was volunteering.
“You all better enjoy this.” He said with a wink, before beginning to sing All I Want For Christmas.
I laughed a bunch and even shook my head at a few of his exaggerated notes. I had to say though, it was pretty kick ass. With Gregory and I left at the end, we decided to turn Baby Please Come Home into a duet. I didn’t want to sing by myself, and he didn’t really want to go up period. We were both too shy for this sort of thing, even if it was with our closest friends.

It was close to midnight before everyone decided they should probably head home. While October was saying her goodbyes to Mikey and some of the others, Gerard pulled me off to the side, my gift to him clutched in his hand. “I wanted to open this with you.” He smiled up at me.

“Really, you don’t have to. I just wish tonight didn’t have to end. While October and her mom have been nothing but nice to me, I don’t know, I just can’t imagine Christmas with them. I don’t know.” I leaned into him, resting my head against his chest.
“It’ll be okay Teigh.” He kissed my forehead, knowing that there wasn’t much else he could say. “I promise, this Christmas will be different, but it’ll be great. Okay?”
I looked into his eyes, and nodded trying to assure him that I believed this. Really though, I wasn’t sure.
“I promise to come see you tomorrow. As soon as I get the chance. It’ll be our first Christmas together. I just hope October’s mother won’t mind.” He smiled, that contagious smile and I instantly felt a lot better.
“Merry Christmas Gerard.” I nearly whispered, backing him into a specific doorway.
“Merry Christmas Teigann.” His eyes followed mine up to the mistletoe above our heads. When he looked back down, he laughed gently. “Mistletoe, really?”
“Yepp.” I closed the space between us and reached up to kiss him. “I’ve always wanted to do that.” I grinned sheepishly up at him.
“Have I made your life complete?” He raised an eyebrow playfully.
“Hmm, let me try again and I’ll tell you.” I kissed him once more, this time for a little longer. “Yes, I do believe you have.” I answered smiling.

“Sorry lovebirds, but Teigh and I have to get going. Toby‘s about to leave without us.” October’s voice came from behind us.
“She’s all yours.” He replied, taking a step back from me. “Just send a text when you get home so I know you made it back safe, okay?” He leaned in and kissed me once more.
“I will. Goodnight.” I smiled once more and quickly followed behind October, knowing that Toby probably was ready to leave without us.