Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

teigann's place.

Teigann’s POV

After finally giving him my address, we pulled into my driveway to find my house in complete darkness.

"I guess this means my mom never came home.. she must have stayed at her boyfriend's place." I sighed.

"What's wrong?" he asked looking at me.

"I don't really like the guy. I think he's a creep. And as ridiculous as it is for a 17 year old who'll be 18 in just a couple weeks, I hate being home alone." I laughed uncomfortably yet again, and looked at him feeling embarrassed.

"Does she know you don't like him?"

"No, I can't bring myself to tell her, especially because I know he makes her happy. Umm.. forgive me for being even more weird now... but, would you be able to come in for a little bit.. just to calm my nerves? It's alright if you can't, I just thought I'd ask." By this time, I knew I was full on rambling.

"Of course. It's not like I have to get up for school, and I have tomorrow off work."

"Thanks so much.."
"It's okay. It's not a problem" he smiled at me.

It was around 1:30 am when I checked the clock entering my living room. If I went to bed right away, I'd get about 5 hours of sleep. Only problem being, I wasn't tired at all.

"Sorry the place is a bit of a mess." I apologized.

"Ha, you haven't seen mess till you've seen my house after a party." he laughed.

"Maybe not, but generally the house is cleaner than this. Either way, come in and sit."

Gerard sat at one end of the couch, I sat on the other, and our conversation just continued to flow.

"So what about you? Don't you have a girlfriend waiting for you somewhere?" I asked. It wasn't like me at all to be so forward.

"Wasn't that a bit random?" he laughed. "But no, I don't. It's been nearly two years since my last girlfriend dumped me. My drinking problems became too much for her to handle, and she lost all hope in me." He looked at me, and I could see this sort of sad shimmer in his eyes and I knew he was being sincere.

"I.. I'm so sorry.." I felt like an idiot for apologizing, but what sort of reaction is a complete stranger supposed to have? Probably none at all. I just felt so sad for him. Not sorry for him, just.. unbelievably sad.

"It's quite alright. No need for you to be sorry. It's not like we were in love, or like the relationship was all that long. Mind you, I cared about her a lot, but it wasn't love."

"But still.. to have someone just lose all hope in you? I'd never be able to do that to anyone.."

"Then you're better than most of the people in this world."

"I'm not better than anyone. I just seem to see the world differently than 3/4 of the population.."

"That's not such a bad thing you know."

"It's not?"

"No, it's refreshing."

At this I blushed a bit and smiled.

"Did I say something wrong?" he asked immediately following.

"No, just something nice."

"I'm sorry if I embarrassed you."

"You didn't. I'm just not used to having a boy say anything nice to me.. unless it's Gregory or Toby."

"Who are Gregory and Toby? And if I didn't embarrass you, then I'm sorry for making you blush."

"Gregory's been my best friend since we were 3, and Toby.. he's a long story. Short form though, he's a friend as well. And please, don't be sorry. Not unless you didn't mean to be nice."

"Of course I meant to be nice. You really can't take a compliment can you?" he laughed nervously.

"I'm really not used to getting them. I wasn't lying.. The only compliments I ever get are Oh, you're a good person  or other bullshit like that. It's basically just people kissing my ass. And half the time I wanna snap at people when they do that. I was only ever told I was pretty once, and it was my friend who was completely drunk when he said it. He also told me he loved me that night, and then proceeded to drink even more.. that was the last night I got to talk to him.." I looked down, with the memories of events I had hoped to forget.

"Well, they say the truth comes out of people when under the influence..." he blushed a bit. "I'm sorry that you lost him though.."

"It's okay, I mean, well.. it's not. But if I hold onto it forever, I'll never get past it. So far, I've done pretty good letting it go, but every so often I slip up and get stuck on it again." I looked down at my knees yet again.

"Eventually it'll get easier. Everything does over time."