Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

nothing more, nothing less.

Mikey’s POV
I drove a lot faster than I should have the whole way to the café. I knew I should have just asked her to come to our place for dinner, surely she’d have blown off her ass of a father for us. Wishful thinking I guess though. I was grateful for the minimal snow on the ground.

I hadn’t met October’s father yet, and she told me there was a good chance I never would. He was pretty narrow minded, and to him a musician wasn’t an acceptable partner for his daughter. I had a pretty strong opinion about people like him too, so I thought it was probably best if I never met the man. I couldn't believe the things he had put her through, telling her constantly that she needed to try harder to be a more respectable person, that she needed to stop dressing and acting the way she wanted.

I had been raised knowing that my family supported me no matter what, it bothered me that she hadn't had the same upbringing, not from her father at least. Not that it stopped her from following her heart, but I could see the pain she felt knowing that her father didn't accept her for who she was. He still always wanted more. All I wanted was for her to know she was perfect just the way she was, that if she was happy with herself than that's all she needed to be. Nothing more, nothing less.

When I got to the café, I saw her before I even got out of the car. She was the only customer they had, she was sitting by herself near the front window. I couldn't see her face straight on, but I knew it was her. I got out of the car quickly and entered the café in much the same manner.

Her head snapped up at the sound of the door opening and I could see her eyes were red from crying. Before I knew it my arms were wrapped around her and I was trying to reassure her that everything would be fine.
"I'm sorry for ruining family time." She sniffled into my chest.
"It's okay Casper, you didn't ruin anything. Lets get you back to the house, Teigs will kill me if I don't. " I kissed the top of her head softly and turned us towards the door. We got to the car and I gave her another kiss before leaving her side to get back in the car. She sat in her seat, staring straight out the window. "Mikes, I can't ever go back." She spoke in almost a whisper. "He told me he couldn't have a daughter who disobeyed his wishes so often, that it was bad for his image. I tried to tell him about us, about you, and he just went off." She looked over at me, tears building in her eyes, a sad smile on her face. "I finally told him that he couldn't be part of my life if he couldn't accept it the way it was. If he can't accept the way I am, the people I love, the things that make me happy, then he can't be in my life trying to bring me down." Her lip trembled slightly and a few tears rolled down her cheeks.
"I'm proud of you baby." Was all I could muster as I pulled her into a hug across the console between our seats. "I love you so much October, I just want you to be happy and not feel bad for it anymore." I could feel a couple sobs escape her as she let herself go.

We left the café about twenty minutes later and when we got back to the house, she asked if she could go upstairs and nap before visiting with my family. At her request I made sure she got upstairs before anyone knew we were back and I told her I'd be up soon. I made my way to the living room where everyone was sitting, half watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on TV. Teigann was the first to notice me. She sat up immediately. "Where is she Mikey?" She asked.
"She just went upstairs. She just needs a nap before she deals with positive people. She's okay Teigs, or at least she will be. I'll come get you once she's up, okay?" I offered a smile.
She seemed content with this. "Okay."
With that, I turned on my heel and made my way up to my room to make sure October was okay.